People in Shape...What Keeps You Motivated?

I have a hard time staying motivated when I'm trying to get in shape. I always say to myself that I'm gonna do this, do that, but I usually lose thefire and passion inside me to stay motivated. It's easy for me to just quit, so what keeps you motivated?

Any tips?

The women, and summer time. Its not even the summer time. I like to stay in shape during the winters too. When your in a moment where you need to take off yourshirt or w.e during the winter, you catch everyone by surprise.
pimp.gif

In the summer time its expected for you to be in shape. But the winter is awholenother story.

Set concrete goals for yourself such as getting your weight down to a certain amount, getting your mile to a certain time, or your bench up to a certain point.Constanstly remind yourself of these goals or let other people know so they bug you about it.

I am my own motivation. Without self motivation, you'll be gone from the gym in less than half a year.

I'll tell you one thing, when you have a girl, its very hard to be motivated....

When me and my girl broke up, I was in the gym everyday, now that we're back together, I go maybe once a week
frown.gif

The gym's near me have some pretty decent looking chicks that go there so it's not hard to stay motivated. But when all else fails, just think of somenegative stuff in your life.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Fat people.

I just don't want to get there

basically...well more like any semblance of fat on myself....

just get to the gym, that's half the battle - if it's at that point where you don't have a strict regimen.

I think about anything bad that's been upsetting me or stuff like that. Put the headphones on and lift. I get pretty angry when I go to the gym now that Ithink about it lol.

Knowing I want live long so I can be there to see my kids go through all the phases of their life and to grow old and travel with my wife anywhere. Aestheticsare secondary for me.

Fat people.

This is on point. I just never want to get fat.

Chicks dig fit guys, so that helps a bit.

Habit, really. My body feels out of whack if I don't get in a workout for more than 3 days.

I hate fat.
I hate the feeling of unhealthiness.
Working out is fun.
Looking good is fun.
Being stronger/faster when you play sports is fun.
Missing a workout day is not fun.

I find it hard to believe people can't stay motivated.

When you've been doing it for so long it becomes routine. Also, another thing that keeps me motivated is seeing people who let themselves go during their20's. I just don't want to be like that.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Fat people.

This is on point. I just never want to get fat.

Chicks dig fit guys, so that helps a bit.

Not all true, its more so attraction first.
You can be fit and have an ugly mug and I can bet money a broad wouldn't holla

do you play sports or anything? if so it is probably easier to motivate yourself through competition with the sport....

how ever if not an athlete, try and find a friend to go to gym with you, get a routine going.......is a lot easier for you two to movtivate eachother than youmotivating yourself......

if by yourself, as stated: set goals.........write them down, write them down 5-7 times, live by them, post them around your house as visuals incase you forget(ie on fridge, on doors, on walls, ceilings even)

ease your way into a routine, then pick it up (ie workout twice a week, then 3 times a week, then 3-5 times a week if possible).......IMPORTANT: once you get agood routine going, avoid breaking it AT ALL COSTS, i had a workout going a couple years ago to train for football and it was steady and i took a week and ahalf off for some reason and then lost my motivation completely to do the workout

Back
Top Bottom