Peter Rosenberg speaks on the "Rick Ross Era"

Originally Posted by solarius49

Im not a fan of dude (but i eff with him since hes from the Burgh), but its more of Wiz's era than anybody else. Him and Spitta have changed the whole climate of rap, and made a lane for guys like Dom K, Kendrick ect. They made it cool to rap about things other than drug dealin and murder. The D Boy rappers of Rick Ross are a dying breed, so no, its not his era, hes just one of the last ones to stay afloat while the other gangster rappers drown
I agree with the part about "d boy" rappers being the last of a dying breed, but the part about it being Wiz's era is pretty laughable
laugh.gif
 He's a popular dude, and I dig some of
his stuff, but people have made better cases for this being Ross' era (even though it's wrong) than people can make for Wiz. We're in the Young Money/Watered down cornball

era, and that's about it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Jay-Z wasn't the MVP of any year but his overall career consistency takes a big steaming dump over any other rappers career except Eminem.

<>

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Its real $#* he's speaking. People don't want to admit it. People don't want to hear it. But fact is, Rawse as a rapper is the last of a dying breed. Peter Rosenberg called it "hashtag rap". That's the new era of rappers. Rawse isn't a great lyricist. But he rarely embarasses himself on the mic. He's hung with credible rappers.

We as hip hop fans ask for consistency. We ask for growth. We ask for decent music. We want free music. There aren't many artists out there who can give fickle hip hop fans what they ask for time and time again but Rawse comes the closest. He's getting better by the album and his ear for production is one of the best in the rap game.

There aren't too many mainstream artists out there that is actually doing what Rawse is doing. People may not appreciate him now but you will some years down the road.

He's one of the best rappers in the game. Best lyricist? Far from it. But he's definitely one of the best rappers who's consistently dropping material and feeding fans.

This is all that needs to be said.

Yeah, never being MVP of the year never hurt Jay in the long run. I mean, where's Nelly or Ja now? In retrospect, he's always been better than every MVP listed. Also tired of everyone saying Eminem is more consistent than Jay. Eminem is an even worse sellout than him. Both of these emcees have done some disgusting things in their careers, for no reason. They're in a position where they are untouchable & yet both have chosen to put out sub par material. Mind-boggling.

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Most consistent of all time?

-_-

and Trilla album was weak as hell.

What?! Thats arguably his best album. That LP had alot of heat but many people werent checkin for Ross then..
Trilla was the truth. 
Ross is my dude 100 grand. Hands down one of my favorites to ever do it in my opinion simply because I love the vibe of his music. He honestly won me over since the 1st album, I'm a genuine fan. 

BUT. This isn't the Ross era. As big a fan as I am, I wish it was and I hope Ross has an era of domination, but right now isn't that time. There are too many heavy hitters out in Drake, Wayne, Nicki, and Kanye. This is Kanye's era hands down. Jay Z stepped away and Em stepped away and then Wayne and Kanye took over. Wayne has fallen off some while Kanye has maintained and gotten better production and overall sound wise. 

Hopefully in the years to come Drake and Ross will be the two heavy hitters but Ross is pretty up there in age. He;s in his 30's.. So we may never see a Ross era. But being a genuine fan of him, that really doesn't matter to me. I just want him to keep putting out music I enjoy. 

Thats my personal opinion on it. 

Where Ross may not deliver in overall punchlines and hunger (no pun) in his songs, he makes up for it with flow, top notch production, and he paints a vivid picture for you. A movie scene is given to you on a lot of his tracks. Thats good enough for him to be a great rapper. 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Jay-Z wasn't the MVP of any year but his overall career consistency takes a big steaming dump over any other rappers career except Eminem.

<>
Timeout so the Black Album wasn't Jays MVP year? C'mon son. That album + Fade to black + Becoming President of Def Jam = MVP stats. 

Hov ain't lying when he said he got more rings than MJ. The numbers don't lie. He may not have been MVP every year but he consistently brought home a ring. 

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Its real $#* he's speaking. People don't want to admit it. People don't want to hear it. But fact is, Rawse as a rapper is the last of a dying breed. Peter Rosenberg called it "hashtag rap". That's the new era of rappers. Rawse isn't a great lyricist. But he rarely embarasses himself on the mic. He's hung with credible rappers.

We as hip hop fans ask for consistency. We ask for growth. We ask for decent music. We want free music. There aren't many artists out there who can give fickle hip hop fans what they ask for time and time again but Rawse comes the closest. He's getting better by the album and his ear for production is one of the best in the rap game.

There aren't too many mainstream artists out there that is actually doing what Rawse is doing. People may not appreciate him now but you will some years down the road.

He's one of the best rappers in the game. Best lyricist? Far from it. But he's definitely one of the best rappers who's consistently dropping material and feeding fans.

This is all that needs to be said.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Most consistent of all time?

-_-

and Trilla album was weak as hell.

What?! Thats arguably his best album. That LP had alot of heat but many people werent checkin for Ross then..
Trilla was the truth. 
Ross is my dude 100 grand. Hands down one of my favorites to ever do it in my opinion simply because I love the vibe of his music. He honestly won me over since the 1st album, I'm a genuine fan. 

BUT. This isn't the Ross era. As big a fan as I am, I wish it was and I hope Ross has an era of domination, but right now isn't that time. There are too many heavy hitters out in Drake, Wayne, Nicki, and Kanye. This is Kanye's era hands down. Jay Z stepped away and Em stepped away and then Wayne and Kanye took over. Wayne has fallen off some while Kanye has maintained and gotten better production and overall sound wise. 

Hopefully in the years to come Drake and Ross will be the two heavy hitters but Ross is pretty up there in age. He;s in his 30's.. So we may never see a Ross era. But being a genuine fan of him, that really doesn't matter to me. I just want him to keep putting out music I enjoy. 

Thats my personal opinion on it. 

Where Ross may not deliver in overall punchlines and hunger (no pun) in his songs, he makes up for it with flow, top notch production, and he paints a vivid picture for you. A movie scene is given to you on a lot of his tracks. Thats good enough for him to be a great rapper. 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Jay-Z wasn't the MVP of any year but his overall career consistency takes a big steaming dump over any other rappers career except Eminem.

<>
Timeout so the Black Album wasn't Jays MVP year? C'mon son. That album + Fade to black + Becoming President of Def Jam = MVP stats. 

Hov ain't lying when he said he got more rings than MJ. The numbers don't lie. He may not have been MVP every year but he consistently brought home a ring. 
No 50 Cent owned 2003 and its not even up for debate. He sold triple what Jay sold and I'm a Jay-Z fan through and through but saying he was the MVP of 2003 is straight ridiculous

CJ863 wrote:

3.) Resurrecting Wale's career? Nah it was the same situation as Meek, and imo without Ross Wale might not have gained the popularity that he does
but I believe Wale would have had a bit of success by himself.

no he wouldn't have. I believe his opening sales on AD were like 28K, and like 70K or so now. In label lingo that's a huge loss and they dropped him.
Wale owes Ross a LOT. Not even just that he's revived his career, but Ross has given him a ton of creative freedom as opposed to making him do weak #%% songs with Gaga. 

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

CJ863 wrote:

3.) Resurrecting Wale's career? Nah it was the same situation as Meek, and imo without Ross Wale might not have gained the popularity that he does
but I believe Wale would have had a bit of success by himself.
no he wouldn't have. I believe his opening sales on AD were like 28K, and like 70K or so now. In label lingo that's a huge loss and they dropped him.
Wale owes Ross a LOT. Not even just that he's revived his career, but Ross has given him a ton of creative freedom as opposed to making him do weak #%% songs with Gaga. 

It seems like everyone forgets that Wale was on "No Hands" before he signed with MMG.

Honestly, I look at that as a major factor in bringing son back from the dead. He might not have even gotten the look from MMG if not for that.

I totally forgot about No Hands....and it was from a Warner artist.

That said, it proved Wale could at least be part of a club hit.

But in terms of actually selling records dolo? Wale was a HUGE gamble....Meek was signed to Grand Hustle and had legal %@+ to handle, Pill was just on Warner too trying to get by...It was a win for both sides because Wale could be himself, and Ross damn sure profited off his album and looked like a genius, not to mention having the streets ready to see what he does with Meek Mill.

Stalley is sorta the dark horse of the group...Meek Mill...everything about him screams underdog, cats like that, you can't sleep on. Look at X. Even Irv said that Meek Mill had the same type of energy X had before his debut dropped.

But you're basically saying it's quantity>quality when it comes to Ross. That constitutes having your own era? You keep saying he isn't a great lyricist. We are talking about RAP music here. Lyrics should count for something shouldn't they?

Ear for production is always his standout feature. That makes him a great A+R more than a rapper. One thing I will never discredit is Ross' business acumen. As a marketer, label head etc.

But he's still living in Jay's era if an era has to belong to someone. All music now is free if you want it to be. I don't think Ross wanted to put out Rich Forever as a free mixtape. His label didn't accept it as an album.

Consistency, growth, decent music. I think a decent amount of rappers fit into this category. Jay, Kanye, Wayne (like him or not, when he's not in jail), Drake, TIP (when not in jail). That's just off the top. If the integrity and quality of their music exceeds the quantity, I'll still stick with them.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I totally forgot about No Hands....and it was from a Warner artist.

That said, it proved Wale could at least be part of a club hit.

But in terms of actually selling records dolo? Wale was a HUGE gamble....Meek was signed to Grand Hustle and had legal %@+ to handle, Pill was just on Warner too trying to get by...It was a win for both sides because Wale could be himself, and Ross damn sure profited off his album and looked like a genius, not to mention having the streets ready to see what he does with Meek Mill.

Stalley is sorta the dark horse of the group...Meek Mill...everything about him screams underdog, cats like that, you can't sleep on. Look at X. Even Irv said that Meek Mill had the same type of energy X had before his debut dropped.
I thought Wale ripped that record. Dude had SOMETHING in him that Interscope signed him. I don't think he was a huge risk at that point. Anyone would rather sign an artist with SOMETHING going on and some kind of fan base (Wale had some hot mixtapes out before) than an artist with nothing going on.

All these guys had kind of done some legwork before they signed to MMG.

I think you guys are confusing an "era" with a year. It is definitely Ross's year, but his era? Nah. for it to be his era, he would have to define the current state of the rap game. The 90s was the golden era of hip hop, the 00s was Hov's era, and now for 2010 and beyond, its impossible to say, you can only ever really define those things in retrospect

There was no true "era" in the 2000's. Early to mid-00's was run by east coast dudes. Mid 00's the south ran it. Late 00's, it was a free-for-all. It didn't matter what region you were from, and it doesn't matter now. The rappers on top now are from Canada, DC, Pittsburgh, NY, NC, ATL, Cali, Chicago, etc. They are super popular, even though they all suck.

Also, The Black Album did NOT make Jay the MVP. STOP REWRITING HISTORY! Let's not forget how 50 Cent/G-Unit/Eminem made Jigga's retirement an afterthought.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How exactly can anyone call this a rick ross Era when the $*!%+ doesn't even run his lane. He kept the seat warm for Jeezy to come back and now it's clear who's Really the guy on top of that

Originally Posted by illphillip

But you're basically saying it's quantity>quality when it comes to Ross. That constitutes having your own era? You keep saying he isn't a great lyricist. We are talking about RAP music here. Lyrics should count for something shouldn't they?
Oh no I agree that lyrics should count for something. I believe Rawse is a good rapper. He's not a lyricist. Not the same rapper but I compare it to Pac. Pac ran the 90's. You can debate which exact years he ran but fact is he had his turn in the mid 90's and he was never the best lyricist. Not by a long shot. But can you tell me you didn't feel his impact? Snoop as well. When I think of the hottest rapper I factor in a lot more than I do than just being a good lyricist. You don't have to be the best lyricist. I need you to drop quality material and as well as have a impact. Say what you want about Rawse but since Deeper than Rap hip hop fans take notice to a Rawse album. The rap game stops for Rawse. To compare his release with Jeezy's did the rap game really stop for Jeezy's album? We sort of just let it release and went on with our lives.
Ear for production is always his standout feature. That makes him a great A+R more than a rapper. One thing I will never discredit is Ross' business acumen. As a marketer, label head etc.
I agree to an extent. I feel as a good rapper you need that ear for production and this is a facet of a rapper that we take for granted. I can't help but think what kind of career Nas would have right now if he had Jay's ear for production. I'm probably in the minority but when it comes to Nas he doesn't have many weaknesses but if there's one its his ear for production. Now you could blame that on his a&r but he's had this problem wtih more than one a&r throughout his career.

But he's still living in Jay's era if an era has to belong to someone. All music now is free if you want it to be. I don't think Ross wanted to put out Rich Forever as a free mixtape. His label didn't accept it as an album.
I've heard that but I can't accept that Rawse was going to drop this as a album. I've followed Rawse's whole career and if i'm judging what he's done on Teflon Don and Deeper than Rap? This mixtape doesn't sound like a Rawse album. Granted, some of it does sound like it was intended for his album. But if I had to put a percentage on it i'd say about 35-40% was intended for GFID. A lot of songs sounded like filler for the mixtape.

Jay is my favorite rapper of all time. There's no denying his greatness and impact on hip hop. He's paved the way for a lot of cats including Rawse. But Jay has outgrown hip hop. His popularity or impact is far greater than just one genre. He's apart of music. So I can't sit here and say this is "Jay's era". Jay has lost touch with hip hop and its been that way since The Black Album.

Consistency, growth, decent music. I think a decent amount of rappers fit into this category. Jay, Kanye, Wayne (like him or not, when he's not in jail), Drake, TIP (when not in jail). That's just off the top. If the integrity and quality of their music exceeds the quantity, I'll still stick with them.
I would I agree if this were 2009. But these past 2 or 3 years? Its been Rick Ross. We're all hip hop fans here. Let's be honest. When is the last time we said Jay, Kanye, Wayne, Drake or TIP have dropped a good album? In regards to Drake he does far too much singing to be considered a rapper and he's lost touch with hip hop since his So Far Gone tape. With TIP, Jay, Kanye and Wayne these guys music-wise are either stagnant or simply declining in quality of music they are putting out. Rawse isn't. He's getting better and in a world where autotune rap and "hashtag" rap has become the norm and accepted, Rawse and his camp are consistently dropping quality material and doing their best to remind us of what rap was. Like I said above, it might not be appreciated now but down the road when hip hop has become flooded with cats rapping in autotune and doing hashtag metaphors it will be. Rawse is the last of a dying breed.

tyisny wrote:
How exactly can anyone call this a rick ross Era when the $*!%+ doesn't even run his lane. He kept the seat warm for Jeezy to come back and now it's clear who's Really the guy on top of that

I hate getting into this with people because i'm a fan of both and cats act like you can only pick one and can't be a fan of both but let's be for real here. Jeezy dropped his album and left. Cats are still bumping Rich Forever and Rich Forever had a far greater impact on hip hop than Jeezy's album. As a matter of fact when Rich Forever dropped people forgot about the Jeezy album or put it on the backburner. That's not hate that's just real !#%. I'm fans of both.

No under no circumstance can i only pick one. But like i've done since the NT thread where everyone said jeezy's career is over(
laugh.gif
 now go to your local club, turn on your radio, or MTV/BET and count how many times you see him per day) I'm calling a spade a spade. Dudes are making Ross this larger than life figure and there is absolutely NOOO proof to back any of this up.

The rap game stops for a Ross album... %$*@@ what??.... you want me to name albums that have shut down rap, GRODT, Tm101, C3, WTT, MDBTF, etc when exactly has Ross had an album with that impact. The %$*@@ just released TWO singles for an album and they BOTH tanked. Not to mention that his album has been getting delayed for over a year now. 

I'm in NY And i hear "I DO" & "Can't leave you alone" every half an hour. outside of  "Stay Scheming" i don't really hear Rich Forever being bumped by anybody right now. And take into account that most of this "mixtape" was schelduled for the actual album. Half of the mixtape sounded like the same exact beat and nothing of any substance being said which is a huge fall off after what was "Ashes To Ashes"

I'm a Ross fan but the false persona he's portrayed through these vlogs got ya'll really viewing him in a different light. He's damn sure not making an impact on the charts, He's not anywhere near the top lyricist doing it, Last year was his big year as far as features, And now that Jeezy back fulltime, & 2chainz is on the come up, Alot of those features are dissapearing.

so im just not getting where his impact is being Felt greatly in hip-hop, He's relied wayyyyyyyyy to much on that recycled Lex Luger sound he stole from Waka, and quite frankly people are getting tired of it.

So once again where is this Huge impact your talking about... as of right now

Originally Posted by tyisny

No under no circumstance can i only pick one. But like i've done since the NT thread where everyone said jeezy's career is over(
laugh.gif
 now go to your local club, turn on your radio, or MTV/BET and count how many times you see him per day) I'm calling a spade a spade. Dudes are making Ross this larger than life figure and there is absolutely NOOO proof to back any of this up.

I'm in NY And i hear "I DO" & "Can't leave you alone" every half an hour. outside of  "Stay Scheming" i don't really hear Rich Forever being bumped by anybody right now. And take into account that most of this "mixtape" was schelduled for the actual album. Half of the mixtape sounded like the same exact beat and nothing of any substance being said which is a huge fall off after what was "Ashes To Ashes"

I'm a Ross fan but the false persona he's portrayed through these vlogs got ya'll really viewing him in a different light. He's damn sure not making an impact on the charts, He's not anywhere near the top lyricist doing it, Last year was his big year as far as features, And now that Jeezy back fulltime, & 2chainz is on the come up, Alot of those features are dissapearing.

so im just not getting where his impact is being Felt greatly in hip-hop, He's relied wayyyyyyyyy to much on that recycled Lex Luger sound he stole from Waka, and quite frankly people are getting tired of it.

So once again where is this Huge impact your talking about... as of right now
You sounding kind of biased here. Rawse's singles "tanked" but they did just as well as Jeezy's "Leave You Alone" and "I do". "You the Boss" was a top 10 record on Urban Radio. And i'm in the south so maybe I too am biased but literally at parties DJ's are playing the majority of Rich Forever. That's all you need to get a party jumpin' down here. Between Stay Schemin' to F' Em..the mixtape served as a soundtrack to parties and clubs.

And I hate to bring in Social Media but when Rich Forever dropped that was on the mind of everyone for atleast a week without mentioning any other album.

And Rawse relied too heavy on recycled Lex Luger sounds? Please. Hard In Da Paint may have came out first but nobody was beggin' Lex for beats until Rawse dropped BMF and dudes didn't even know how to rap over Lex beats so they had to jack Rawse's flow.

When Rawse drop's a album its going to be the #1 discussion on everyones mind. Everyone is going to run to hear music from him. Whether its to being a stan and d-ride his music, whether its to hate his music or whether its simply to enjoy it. Its similar to that Yankee's/Cowboys appeal. Plenty of people hate them. Plenty of people like them. But you can't deny when they are on TV everyone either wants to see them lose or win. I think its similar to Rawse's impact.

"And Rawse relied too heavy on recycled Lex Luger sounds? Please. Hard In Da Paint may have came out first but nobody was beggin' Lex for beats until Rawse dropped BMF and dudes didn't even know how to rap over Lex beats so they had to jack Rawse's flow. 

When Rawse drop's a album its going to be the #1 discussion on everyones mind. Everyone is going to run to hear music from him. Whether its to being a stan and d-ride his music, whether its to hate his music or whether its simply to enjoy it. Its similar to that Yankee's/Cowboys appeal. Plenty of people hate them. Plenty of people like them. But you can't deny when they are on TV everyone either wants to see them lose or win. I think its similar to Rawse's impact. "
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Once again where are you getting this from. The Cowboys/Yankees (Your putting dude in a category with the jays' ye's waynes etc.) If his album was that much of a awaited project as you claim, the singles wouldv'e charted better, for christ sakes the %*@ doesn't even have a release date and that is by the LABELS choice not his, so how exactly is everyone stopping and waiting to hear this project. When talking about hiphop ya'll have to go beyond the blogs and the streets. There are several casual hip hop fans who could give a god damn when a ross album drops. You think all those kids who are young money stans are going to stop to listen to a rick ross CD, Do you think other media outlets that don't cover hiphop our going to speak on the impact of this album, Do you even see it becoming a discussion piece amongst his peers (similar to the way WTT was commented on by EVERYONE in rap)[/font]

"And Rawse relied too heavy on recycled Lex Luger sounds? Please. Hard In Da Paint may have came out first but nobody was beggin' Lex for beats until Rawse dropped BMF and dudes didn't even know how to rap over Lex beats so they had to jack Rawse's flow. 

When Rawse drop's a album its going to be the #1 discussion on everyones mind. Everyone is going to run to hear music from him. Whether its to being a stan and d-ride his music, whether its to hate his music or whether its simply to enjoy it. Its similar to that Yankee's/Cowboys appeal. Plenty of people hate them. Plenty of people like them. But you can't deny when they are on TV everyone either wants to see them lose or win. I think its similar to Rawse's impact. "
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Once again where are you getting this from. The Cowboys/Yankees (Your putting dude in a category with the jays' ye's waynes etc.) If his album was that much of a awaited project as you claim, the singles wouldv'e charted better, for christ sakes the %*@ doesn't even have a release date and that is by the LABELS choice not his, so how exactly is everyone stopping and waiting to hear this project. When talking about hiphop ya'll have to go beyond the blogs and the streets. There are several casual hip hop fans who could give a god damn when a ross album drops. You think all those kids who are young money stans are going to stop to listen to a rick ross CD, Do you think other media outlets that don't cover hiphop our going to speak on the impact of this album, Do you even see it becoming a discussion piece amongst his peers (similar to the way WTT was commented on by EVERYONE in rap)[/font]
I'm not putting him in Jay and Wayne category. Its actually the complete opposite. Wayne, Jay and Kanye are not really rap artists to me. They are people who rap. If you dominate pop radio I have to look at you as a pop artist. That's not a slight towards them but those guys dominate billiboard 100. They are bigger than hip hop. Guys like Rawse, Fabolous, J. Cole, Jeezy, Lupe....I consider those guys rappers who are more rap than pop.

In regards to the singles charting album.....those are for pop artists. Rawse is not a pop artist. He's never dominated the pop charts and probably never will. You keep bringing up sales and singles. And let's be clear about Young Money. They don't have "fans". They have fickle supporters who are riding with them for the moment because its "cool to like them". Just like 50 for them and just like Vanilla Ice before him. Their fans are based off of them having a hit single.

And in hip hop all that matters is the streets or blogs. That's it. Because at the end of the day that's how artists like Rawse make their money. They make their money off generating buzz from mixtapes they have on these blogs which in return allows to do shows from those mixtapes.

I'm not putting him in Jay and Wayne category. Its actually the complete opposite. Wayne, Jay and Kanye are not really rap artists to me. They are people who rap. If you dominate pop radio I have to look at you as a pop artist. That's not a slight towards them but those guys dominate billiboard 100. They are bigger than hip hop. Guys like Rawse, Fabolous, J. Cole, Jeezy, Lupe....I consider those guys rappers who are more rap than pop.

In regards to the singles charting album.....those are for pop artists. Rawse is not a pop artist. He's never dominated the pop charts and probably never will. You keep bringing up sales and singles. And let's be clear about Young Money. They don't have "fans". They have fickle supporters who are riding with them for the moment because its "cool to like them". Just like 50 for them and just like Vanilla Ice before him. Their fans are based off of them having a hit single.

And in hip hop all that matters is the streets or blogs. That's it. Because at the end of the day that's how artists like Rawse make their money. They make their money off generating buzz from mixtapes they have on these blogs which in return allows to do shows from those mixtapes.

50/G-Unit had a movement, legit fans as was much more than a fad, especially since Get Rich or Die Tryin is generally accepted as one of the greatest hip hop albums at all time

I kind of understand where your coming from but i can't agree with that. Blogs and the streets aren't all that counts because if that was the case Lil B, and and the other slew of blog artist would be running rap.

The fact of the matter is Yes billboard and charts do matter when discussing who's hot because a MAJORITY of hip hop fans aren't on blogs or at their local bootlegger on a weekly basis. So you can't say someone is the hottest in the game and anoint them a artist that album release will stop hip hop, then only limit that to a small fraction of the hiphop demographic.

In regards to Jeezy, yes he has a Huge following of core fans, but all the work that he's put in in the past and all the Huge "Mainstream" singles he's had is what allows him to Headline stadiums and overseas venues by himself. Your acting as if billboard only accounts for pop songs, if your buzzing and have this huge impact that alot of people are claiming, then yes you should be charted high on the charts. They take into account radio play, which no matter how bad people want to make it seem like its extinct plays a major part in building an artist.

And to mention 50 is ridiculous because for as much subpar music he's dropped as of late, the Era of Dominance he had on hip-hop is rivaled by few and when he was doing it, it was at the height of his music career. 50 was selling 10 million, but there wasn't one Hood in the world that wasn't stopping to hear new G-unit/ 50 from 2002-2006.

That is what you define as an era of dominance "He dominated popular radio, He dominated the hood, and there was literally no publication or media outlet that didn't recognize 50 Cent and his story"... Ross will never come close to being as hot as 50 was in any arena the Streets or the mainstream

Back
Top Bottom