Phases you've gone through?

What are some phases you've gone through? What caused these phases, how long did they last, and do you ever think you'll know your true self?

I had an artist phase from high school to about 32 years old. I say phase because even though I was working, once kids were introduced the money I made from art wasn't enough. Also the artist's lifestyle, late nights, hanging out with other artists and what comes with that aren't family friendly. I guess some people make it work, but it wasn't working for my ex-wife.

The toughest part after that ended was figuring out what my next move would be. I had never given thought to or prepared for anything else. I went back to school briefly, but didn't have the patience or focus to complete that. So I tried a few jobs out until I fell into what I do now.

I have had a few phases in my day, the most prominent one being my skater phase. While I stopped riding a board years ago, the skating fashion still influences how I dress today (specifically with shoes).

I had a phase where I was a big time audiophile, I mean huge. Gained the obsession being in studio with different artists at the time. Now I'm like "dope beat" :lol:

Had a big shoe phase when in the early 2000s. That went away, but still buy shoes. But not at the rate that I used to
mean.gif

Currently in a toy phase. Collecting TMNT and various figures from Japan lol

A few different ones, cool to look back on trying to thug yardie, lowkey NY dmxish dude, pretty boy, intellectual, geek. Except around 09-11 when I was in a deeper state of depression than I thought. I can see it in some of my old posts. I think that's a part of the reason why the women from that era resonate with me so much, they were the few shining beacons.

Last edited:
I had an artist phase from high school to about 32 years old. I say phase because even though I was working, once kids were introduced the money I made from art wasn't enough. Also the artist's lifestyle, late nights, hanging out with other artists and what comes with that aren't family friendly. I guess some people make it work, but it wasn't working for my ex-wife.

The toughest part after that ended was figuring out what my next move would be. I had never given thought to or prepared for anything else. I went back to school briefly, but didn't have the patience or focus to complete that. So I tried a few jobs out until I fell into what I do now.

what did u make if u dont mind me asking and do you have any regrets or plans to go back into it?

Shoe phase like most of us here. Makes me sick thinking about how much I spent and now how many i have left. I still like shoes, though. More lowkey like running shoes and vans.

I was in a huge basketball one as well. Played all day and watched a ton of games. I'm more retired now :lol:

24-26 I was in a bars phase. Straight up going every weekend and going hard and trying pick up chicks. Resulted in a DUI... one of my darkest times. Been a year since that and handling fees and all that crap.

Right now I have calmed down a ton. Hitting the gym and hiking as much as I can. Going to the theater a ton, though I have always been doing that. I want to gain a ton of muscle. That's a good challenge for myself. Always wanted to have a six pack and nice arms. So I been eating really well. Nice challenge for me. As I been chubby the last few years. Also into collecting toys right now. Hot toys. Expensive as heck, but it's something I have loved as a kid. Huge film guy. So having all these 1/6 movie accurate models is really awesome. Especially the marvel/DC ones since I have always loved the superheroes. I like where I'm at right now.

Also forgot. Really on stacking my money. I try to save a crap. I look like a damn penny pincher. Besides bills and my toys. I just ignore the unnecessary crap. Throw my money into my savings. Once you get into a rhythm and see your money grow. You don't want to stop.

Last edited:
most embarrassing one i can think of is the 'beer snob' phase. you know, the guy that makes comments on peoples beer choices, makes it apparent to everyone the flavors and hoppiness of the $10 beer he just bought, and makes the 'oh i remember my first beer' comment when he sees someone buy a domestic beer. yup i was that guy
laugh.gif

it started after i went to a beerfest shortly after i turned 21 and was exposed to all the different kinds of beers. it didnt last long though. maybe a year. once i realized how much i was spending, i snapped out of it real quick. i still enjoy a good beer and will try new ones when i can, but nowadays im no where near as picky

I had a phase where I was a big time audiophile, I mean huge. Gained the obsession being in studio with different artists at the time. Now I'm like "dope beat"
laugh.gif
Favorite headphones?

Biggest farce about engineering you didn't know before you started?

Shoe phase like most of us here. Makes me sick thinking about how much I spent and now how many i have left. I still like shoes, though. More lowkey like running shoes and vans.

I was in a huge basketball one as well. Played all day and watched a ton of games. I'm more retired now :lol:

24-26 I was in a bars phase. Straight up going every weekend and going hard and trying pick up chicks. Resulted in a DUI... one of my darkest times. Been a year since that and handling fees and all that crap.

Right now I have calmed down a ton. Hitting the gym and hiking as much as I can. Going to the theater a ton, though I have always been doing that. I want to gain a ton of muscle. That's a good challenge for myself. Always wanted to have a six pack and nice arms. So I been eating really well. Nice challenge for me. As I been chubby the last few years. Also into collecting toys right now. Hot toys. Expensive as heck, but it's something I have loved as a kid. Huge film guy. So having all these 1/6 movie accurate models is really awesome. Especially the marvel/DC ones since I have always loved the superheroes. I like where I'm at right now.

Also forgot. Really on stacking my money. I try to save a crap. I look like a damn penny pincher. Besides bills and my toys. I just ignore the unnecessary crap. Throw my money into my savings. Once you get into a rhythm and see your money grow. You don't want to stop.

most embarrassing one i can think of is the 'beer snob' phase. you know, the guy that makes comments on peoples beer choices, makes it apparent to everyone the flavors and hoppiness of the $10 beer he just bought, and makes the 'oh i remember my first beer' comment when he sees someone buy a domestic beer. yup i was that guy :lol:

it started after i went to a beerfest shortly after i turned 21 and was exposed to all the different kinds of beers. it didnt last long though. maybe a year. once i realized how much i was spending, i snapped out of it real quick. i still enjoy a good beer and will try new ones when i can, but nowadays im no where near as picky

Had these too.

pot head phase

would justify spending close to 60-90 bucks a week on tree because it would be the only thing that would motivate me 2 get me thru the end of my shift :lol: and all i was doing was package handling

weed is relatively harmless but that money adds up quick for what is ultimately a hour or two feeling

and the worst is when your tolerance starts to go up and now you not even getting high no more its just habit

had to fall back

Last edited:
Im in that bbq phase. I grill and smoke everything. I hope it never ends.

Oversized clothing phase in high school, part of college. In my mind, I legitimately thought it would make me look bigger :smh:

Sneaker/Jordan phase, hit the hardest in high school and college. I was legit obsessed with Jordans. Even did a PowerPoint presentation on them in a computer class. That's how I discovered nt. After college I started getting bills and started caring less about shoes. Kinda bizarre to me when I see grown men collect shoes these days, honestly.

Polo phase, this hit hard from 08-12, I legit didn't feel right wearing a shirt that didn't have a horse and rider on it. Now I buy banana Republic mainly because I like the fit.

Interested to know more about the art scene that brolic scholar was apart of, I need to get more involved and I have nothing but time on my hands.

Club/going out phase, still kinda a part of that now :smh: even though I've completely recognized that's not my scene when it comes to getting girls, I still step out regularly. I thrive in a more warm/intimate environment, like a get together at someone's house, class or work setting. It's just that clubs /bars are so accessible and the other settings aren't as easy to find.

Fancy/exotic car phase. Kinda still in it right now. I dream of pushing a Ferrari down the interstate,even though I think it's slightly preposterous to spend a quarter milli on a vehicle... And I don't have a quarter of a quarter milli to my name. I'm an only child so in my early years I grew accustomed to having nice things, nothing is wrong with that, but my work ethic has to catch up to my taste level.

Phases I need to enter, running, reading, traveling.

Last edited:
I'm much more open minded than I used to be which has lead me to being a well rounded person, or at least I would like to think so.

My taste in music, clothing, just the things I consume on a daily basis in regards to entertainment has changed. I know a wide spectrum of people doing different things in life where before I was pretty much cutoff from people due to me trying to sort myself out. Still growing as a person but I've done some changing.

I go out more than I used too, not as much as I like but definitely more than my early 20s, strangely enough.

I've lost a good amount of weight. I do better with women now. I also realized how you view yourself and how others view you can be really different, in my case it was actually positive. I've leaned a lot about my self through hearing other people's observations.

Last edited:
Man, I went through a really bad hygiene faze all through HS. I had my boys that tried to help me out, but eventually they knew this thing was hard for me to break.

When I graduated I was reeeeally tired of not getting females because of this problem lol. So I started running ALOT and going to the gym. Working up a good sweat made me take showers when I got home, which finally broke me out of that whole thing.

Looking back on it, Im not even embarrassed. I wouldnt be as understanding and patient with people like I am today.

Last edited:
Masterbation phase. Still going strong. Help me.

On the srs, I had my snap backs and long Nike socks phase. A phase where I collected action figures. Also a phase where I watched films of upper echelon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom