Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

My boys, my boys, my boys! What a game! Happy to see us at 2-0 Smash mouth football and we came out with it. The turnovers were still a problem and Vick being knocked down that many times was scary. I hope Jason Kelce recovers because that was a nasty injury. But how about my man Brent Celek?!?! :pimp:

I was at the Linc for the game today... And WOW have not heard our crowd that loud in forever... Home field advantage was definitely in effect today it was great to see.. great experience... So proud of this teams heart.. Especially Vick even though I hate his bone headed mistakes.. the guy never gives up and has brought us on 2 90yd GW drives in 2 weeks.. Something we never saw with McNabb

Defense is playing phenomenal.. WE HAVE LINEBACKERS!!!  Its great to see.. Nate Allen looks much improved and the rest of our secondary has been stellar.. On to Arizona.. Shouldn't take this game light considering they beat us last year.. Lets go Eagles :pimp:

So proud of the team so far!

-Love our defensive play so far this season. D-line is firing all on cylinders with all of the rotations during the games. Castillo doing a good job with keeping everyone on that D-line fresh during the course of the game.
-Our Linebackers, GOD BLESS THE TEXANS, for DeMeco Ryans.
-Our secondary play is a bit shaky. Nnamdi has been pissing me off lately. :smh:
-Those last couple drives by the Ravens, The defense kept leaving Ray Rice wide open...every time. Not sure what was going on there.
-The home crowd sounded amazing. Although I live in Houston, far far away from my Eagles, I could FEEL it. Def. had a playoff game atmosphere.
-Offense needs to get together with the redzone turnovers, heck...turnovers in general. 9 of them in TWO games...GEEZ. Like Tony Dungy said in SNF pre-game, Imagine this Eagles team once they start taking care of the football....I would love to see it.
-Kelce going down scares me....MRI tomorrow so hopefully its ok. Andy Reid didn't sound too positive in the Post game conference when asked about it.
-Celek is a grown ***** man!! :pimp:
-Maclin needs to get healthy and drink some milk.
-Offense needs to keep feeding shady, and we can fly high every week.

This Cardinals game coming up is not to be taken lightly. They're 2-0 coming off the HUGE win IN New England.
Hopefully its not another nail biter 1 point victory. The Giants have a short turn around for week 3, and will have 10 days to rest/prepare for Eagles week 4 SNF matchup.

Front page of the Philly Daily News...

pimp.gif

Wait, has anyone brought up Boykins and Kendricks? Those dudes were EVERYWHERE in the 2nd half. :pimp:

i wonder how the game would have turned out had the ref called vick for intentional grounding instead of ruling it a fumble (later to be overturned)

Taking it back to Brent. I feel like he will start to become a HUGE part of this offense. Becoming that Jason Witten to Romo; I feel like Brent will be that safety blanket that Vick needs for the easy play. We've already seen from the years that Brent has been here, this dude can play!

Nnamdi has got too hollywood or should I say fresh prince. Cut that dam flattop off & play some dam football :smh:

Lol I think our secondary has been great..... How was Nnamdi roasted all game by Jacoby Jones????  He had 1 catch for that one TD off a play when we blitzed and couldn't get there... Torrey Smith only had 2 catches on DRC.. and Boldin had only 7 yards... How can anyone complain about our secondary if were holding a teams top 3 WRs to under 80 yards COMBINED????

Lol I think our secondary has been great..... How was Nnamdi roasted all game by Jacoby Jones????  He had 1 catch for that one TD off a play when we blitzed and couldn't get there... Torrey Smith only had 2 catches on DRC.. and Boldin had only 7 yards... How can anyone complain about our secondary if were holding a teams top 3 WRs to under 80 yards COMBINED????

specifically Jacoby had Nnamdi beat a few times yesterday and if I was a Ravens fan I'd feel some kinda way about that flag jacoby had on the TD, it was pretty ticky tack. It seems like Nnamdi gets beat on deep routes a lot, pass might not be completed but he's still in bad position. For the money we paid him I'm expecting Revis performances, he hasn't really done that

specifically Jacoby had Nnamdi beat a few times yesterday and if I was a Ravens fan I'd feel some kinda way about that flag jacoby had on the TD, it was pretty ticky tack. It seems like Nnamdi gets beat on deep routes a lot, pass might not be completed but he's still in bad position. For the money we paid him I'm expecting Revis performances, he hasn't really done that

Jacoby had 1 catch for 21 yds... The TD didn't count as he pushed off.. Revis has always been the better CB.. Nobody is Revis... But people over react as if Nnamdi is just supposed to allow 0 catches.. That's just impossible to ask... Go look at the good corners in the NFL. Almost all of them except Revis get beat more than Nnamdi.. I like what him and DRC are doing

Kelce out 4-6 weeks.
Season ending surgery possible... :smh:
Jason Kelce isn’t done for the rest of the season just yet

Posted by Josh Alper on September 17, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT

AP
Eagles center Jason Kelce suffered a serious right knee injury against the Ravens on Sunday.

The only question now is just how serious. Reports after the game were grim, saying Kelce would miss the rest of the season as a result of the injury. The Eagles’ trainer spoke to the media on Monday, however, and said that nothing has been decided about Kelce’s status just yet.

Rick Burkholder said, via Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, that Kelce will have a knee scope on Tuesday to determine the extent of the damage to his knee. Burkholder said that the team knows Kelce has torn his MCL and partially torn his ACL. The scope will determine whether or not he needs surgery to repair the ACL and Kelce will be done if he requires an operation. If he doesn’t need surgery, however, Kelce could return in four to six weeks.

The Eagles will likely wait until the results of that scope to make any roster move with Kelce, who could be a candidate to return from injured reserve if he doesn’t need surgery on his knee. Andy Reid said that Dallas Reynolds, who made his regular season debut after Kelce’s injury, will continue to be the replacement, although the team will have to address the depth somehow so that they avoid turning Cullen Jenkins into a two-way player at some point this season.

Wait, has anyone brought up Boykins and Kendricks? Those dudes were EVERYWHERE in the 2nd half.
pimp.gif
man.. you dont know how happy i was when we got boykins in the 4th..

i was PISSED when we took foles in the 3rd with boykins still on the board.. glad we ended up with both now though

this past draft has been great for us.. boykins and kendricks are the obvious contributors.. but cox has been very good as well early on, hell he's even getting more snaps than jenkins right now

Last edited:
to be honest, if some team is desperate for a DT just before the trade deadline and patterson is ready to come back by then, i would move jenkins.. hopefully for a solid backup or starter for the Oline or a pick

i'm very comfortable going with cox, thronton, landri and patterson as our DTs.. thornton would essentially get jenkins' snaps (since cox is already getting more snaps than jenkins)

really it would just be making cox the official starter.. which will probably happen soon anyways, considering the disparate in playing time right now

Last edited:
i wonder how the game would have turned out had the ref called vick for intentional grounding instead of ruling it a fumble (later to be overturned)
You can't get called for intentional grounding when the defense makes contact with your arm.

and i would rather us bring in hank baskett or someone like that before we brought in the mess that is ochocinco..

and for the record i dont want TO either

Howard Eskin@howardeskin

#eagles center jason kelce out for entire season. Eagles place him on injured reserve.

Back
Top Bottom