*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

About that game against the Falcons last season...

The Falcons only scored a season-low 15 points against the Eagles defense.

Wentz didn't throw for any TDs.

The Eagles had 208 rushing yards and two rush TDs.

Matt Ryan got picked off late in the game.

I said weird feeling lol a convincing win is what we did last year shutting that offense down.
IDK why everyone is acting like our defense is all of sudden buns because of our corners getting beat on a few double moves. #1 Run defense and one of the top teams in opposing QB rating (Saw a chart posted that had us at #4). With the Linc rocking the way it should be, they can make it another tough day for Atlanta.

I mean damn :lol: Carson isn't the sole reason why this team went 13-3 this year.

Im not aboard the we have no shot train tho by any means. I think we can win tbh. I think it will be close tho

Fletch gonna eat in the middle the same way Donald was. The difference is that we can rotate to keep Fletch fresh and the Rams couldn’t

And we don’t have McKelvin and Carroll at corner this season :lol:

We definitely have a shot.. Atlanta did not look great and those special teams turnovers were huge

We just need offense to give us something

Ive obviously been down ever since the Wentz injury but unsurprisingly now that its game week I feel pretty good about our chances this week esp considering its the Falcons and not the Saints coming in here. Think our front 7 could rough Matt Ryan around and hold their offense to under 20 points. Now question is if Foles can be effective enough to get us more than that and I think he can especially if our defense can create a turnover or 2. I know the crowd will be raucous and the team is definitely gonna be rallying around the fact that they are damn underdog as the 1 seed.

If we get this W and reach the NFC Championship after losing Wentz and all the other people that went down it would be a pretty damn successful year Id say in year 2 of this regime. Of course I can also see us taking the L as well but hey man, its playoff szn time to suspend disbelief and rally around the squad :nthat:

I def think we have a shot against the Falcons. Matt Ryan been shaky all season and did not look very good against the Rams. They won that game off the pass rush stepping up and making Goff rush throws.

But I don’t think the run game alone will win us the game even if the defense plays great. Gurley is a top 3 NFL running back and he couldn’t win them the game so Foles needs to step up as well.

Definitely gonna see a lot of 2-3 TE sets. And then there's also the fact that Burton is a basically another WR at times. Mismatches are in our advantage

Rams pass rush was almost non existent once Brockers went down. And they dont have the rotations we do to keep guys fresh.

Rams pass rush was almost non existent once Brockers went down. And they dont have the rotations we do to keep guys fresh.

Rams still got home pretty often, Donald dominated as expected. We are without Andy Levitre so that hurts a ton. Listen, I don't expect us to blow the Eagles out. I don't even have us winning this game honestly. Our OC will make sure the Eagles at least gets to the NFC Championship game. That said, I'm not being a defeatist just a realist, hopefully the Falcons show me something I haven't seen ALL YEAR. Offensive firepower esp in the RedZone.

Rams still got home pretty often, Donald dominated as expected. We are without Andy Levitre so that hurts a ton. Listen, I don't expect us to blow the Eagles out. I don't even have us winning this game honestly. Our OC will make sure the Eagles at least gets to the NFC Championship game. That said, I'm not being a defeatist just a realist, hopefully the Falcons show me something I haven't seen ALL YEAR. Offensive firepower esp in the RedZone.

Should be an exciting game regardless. Good luck man.

Not sure y'all will need offensive firepower.. I hope we can repeat what we did last year vs you guys

Problem is, I have zero clue what to expect out of foles and even scoring in the teens might be asking too much.. I expect y'all to pack in the box a bit and cut down the run and dare foles to beat you, which would be smart.. zero clue if he can do that and y'all have good enough cbs to single up

But I think you guys are vulnerable in the middle in the passing game, so ertz and agholor could be big.. but again foles

Back
Top Bottom