Pirates about to seal up number 17...

The worst? No.

But i could care less about the Pirates. They need to get that *%+$%! +%$!%%@ team out of our city.

Pirates fans have two reasons to be optimistic, and they go by the name of Andrew McCutchen and Lastings Milledge.

mccutchen-and-temmate-lastings-milledge.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

a beautiful ball park
QFT. PNC Park is gorgeous.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

The worst? No.

But i could care less about the Pirates. They need to get that *%+$%! +%$!%%@ team out of our city.
why? Pirates were successful long before the steelers or pens were.. They've come on hard times now the last 17 years, but that doesn'tmean this isn't still a baseball city in a lot of ways.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Pitching prospects are average at best... i'd be okay with that if we had some better defense.

We've started getting better at little things like base-running, which is a huge step forward I think.

And if Jones develops into a consistent power-hitter for us, I think that really changes the game for us as we've been missing that forever now.

Doumit will be fine. Missing half the year just seemed to take the wind out of his sail, but he's still got great potential in my mind.

Capps does suck. End of story.

You're right though.... Pirates need a clear number 1 starter to emerge, and a couple more bats.. but overall I don't think it would take THAT much to become a contender in the NL central, given where they are right this second.

It's funny.. i think the past few years, the pirates have been the best BAD team in all of sports. This year especially - they play nearly everyone tough, every game.. and just find ways to lose right at the end. Part of that is probably a mentality thing, of losing all the time. But the rest is definitely just not having the same guns to depend on that other guys do.
so so true,there have been so many time where they look so good and you finally think they got it together, but then it all just goes downhillagain

btw, are you from the pittsburgh area or just a big baseball fan, cause no one else would know thats much stuff about the pirates
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Pitching prospects are average at best... i'd be okay with that if we had some better defense.

We've started getting better at little things like base-running, which is a huge step forward I think.

And if Jones develops into a consistent power-hitter for us, I think that really changes the game for us as we've been missing that forever now.

Doumit will be fine. Missing half the year just seemed to take the wind out of his sail, but he's still got great potential in my mind.

Capps does suck. End of story.

You're right though.... Pirates need a clear number 1 starter to emerge, and a couple more bats.. but overall I don't think it would take THAT much to become a contender in the NL central, given where they are right this second.

It's funny.. i think the past few years, the pirates have been the best BAD team in all of sports. This year especially - they play nearly everyone tough, every game.. and just find ways to lose right at the end. Part of that is probably a mentality thing, of losing all the time. But the rest is definitely just not having the same guns to depend on that other guys do.
so so true,there have been so many time where they look so good and you finally think they got it together, but then it all just goes downhill again

btw, are you from the pittsburgh area or just a big baseball fan, cause no one else would know thats much stuff about the pirates
laugh.gif

I'm a few hours outside of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgher by heart though... whole family back to my great grandparents and uncles have been huge Steeler andPirates fans.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

The worst? No.

why? Pirates were successful long before the steelers or pens were.. They've come on hard times now the last 17 years, but that doesn't mean this isn't still a baseball city in a lot of ways.
Im biased. I hate baseball
laugh.gif

I love the history of Pitt, when I was younger I wanted to go to Carnegie Mellon when I was younger,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. (George A. Romero, Andy Warhol, Randy Pausch,etc. ).

Craftsy when I head East you gotta tell me all the spots to visit.
pimp.gif

The legacy of the Steelers history is deep-rooted in that state I hear.

Back
Top Bottom