Planning NikeTalk Live 2018 - Las Vegas or New York?

Where should we host NikeTalk Live 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live so far from the west coast.

But I would really like to hang out with some of you guys
Actually, all of you guys.

But I know that is difficult because of travel...jobs..family...etc.

Maybe we could have an east coast summit?
I think DC would be a fair location.
As I've said, we absolutely want to hold an East Coast event in the future. One of the advantages to selecting Las Vegas for this year's event is that it's one of the most inexpensive major travel destinations in the United States. Most airports in the United States offer direct flights to Las Vegas, and there's an abundance of rooms available - especially in October.

Any long distance travel can be difficult for some people to arrange due to cost or scheduling concerns, so we are trying to further enhance the online experience this year. For example, we want to expand the event's charity auction and offer a unified online bidding system. We're also looking into the possibility of live streaming this year's panel discussion. Our panel participants will field questions from both the in person and online audience. If interest exists, we could also consider live streaming and/or expanding the gaming tournament to include online viewing or participation.

Dmv
New York
The South

There's alot of NTers on the east coast.

I guarantee if we had a summit on the east coast ...it would be the biggest one ever.

Ny...atl...alone....would be huge

As I've said, we absolutely want to hold an East Coast event in the future. One of the advantages to selecting Las Vegas for this year's event is that it's one of the most inexpensive major travel destinations in the United States. Most airports in the United States offer direct flights to Las Vegas, and there's an abundance of rooms available - especially in October.

Any long distance travel can be difficult for some people to arrange due to cost or scheduling concerns, so we are trying to further enhance the online experience this year. For example, we want to expand the event's charity auction and offer a unified online bidding system. We're also looking into the possibility of live streaming this year's panel discussion. Our panel participants will field questions from both the in person and online audience. If interest exists, we could also consider live streaming and/or expanding the gaming tournament to include online viewing or participation.
Do you rough dates in October so I can start researching for blocks of rooms. I want to be in charge of this lol

I’ll be there for work around the middle of October. Maybe I can extend the trip.

PS the nba season starts earlier now. This last season started on 10/17 rather than around Halloween.

Maybe u could get tips to go toward a flight
EA4BEE9C-4D71-4D1A-BBA2-0292F80DF174.png

if selected will we be allowed to bring a plus one?
That will likely be determined by the number of ticket requests we get compared to the size of the venue. If our venue will allow for 60 guests and 75 people request an invitation, we'll need to limit entry accordingly so that as many interested community members are able to attend as possible.

Keep in mind: this is being planned as a low key community meet-up/hangout event, not a big convention.

Given that many guests will likely be traveling to Las Vegas from out of town, Steph had the idea of organizing an informal happy hour event the evening prior to NikeTalk Live. As that would be more of a loose gathering and would likely occur at a hotel bar, you'd be free to bring whomever you like with you.

Methodical Management Methodical Management

when’s the next time nt hats and shirts will be available to buy?
Later this year, hopefully. We'd love to offer hats and t-shirts at the upcoming event, but that would depend on sponsor support. We've worked with companies that produce apparel items, and we're always looking for great opportunities to raise money for important causes. We'll be looking to reconnect with some of those companies during the planning process, and will certainly inquire about new apparel offerings as well.

If someone steps up to the plate and is willing to join us in donating 100% of the proceeds, minus only the actual costs of production, in time for NT Live 2018, we might even be able to offer an event-exclusive item.

Just a note for everyone kind enough to express interest in and help us plan our next community meetup event, we're now accepting invitation requests to NikeTalk Live 2018, to be held Sunday, November 4th in Las Vegas.

You'll find details about the event, and the happy hour event scheduled for Saturday, November 3rd, in the event thread here:

https://niketalk.com/threads/join-us-for-niketalk-live-2018-sunday-november-4th-in-las-vegas.675345/

Now that the primary event details have been finalized, this planning thread will now be closed. We'll welcome any additional questions or feedback in the event thread.

Thank you all once again for helping us organize this event for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom