Planning NikeTalk Live 2018 - Las Vegas or New York?

Where should we host NikeTalk Live 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any NorCal folks tryna carpool
Or roll through together??? :nerd:
604B5113-B9B2-411E-95FE-35DF9519F2D4.jpeg

I have good news and bad news on that front.

Let's start with the positive: @HellaSteph recently toured a couple of prospective venues in Las Vegas. She identified some very strong candidates that should meet all of our needs. I look forward to sharing more information about our most promising options with everyone here so we can determine which one(s) you like best.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to hit our desired goal of hosting this year's event alongside NBA Summer League. We're all disappointed, but some sudden scheduling conflicts emerged and we couldn't find a day within the summer league range that offered venue availability and worked with the various travel schedules of our staff members and guests.

As a result, we're now looking to host the event in Las Vegas this fall, probably late October. Once we've decided on and booked a venue, we'll announce a date and time ASAP so everyone will have ample opportunity to make travel plans well in advance.

Thanks for the update!
October is fine with me. My birthday month is October and this would be fun to look forward to :pimp:

Thank you guys for all the efforts in setting it up!

Will there be special offers with hotels for the event? If not, I'm crashing on somebody's couch
Possibly. If people are interested in booking 10+ rooms at the same hotel, we can work with the hotel and see if we can get a group rate. Steph's waiting to hear back from at least one hotel on this. When we have more information, we'll let you know.

NYC

With the last one being on the west coast it's only fair to host this one at the Mecca
We want to host an event on the East Coast, and so many of our fellow community members hail from NYC that it's an obvious choice.

Ideally, we'd like to build up to hosting two events per year: one East coast, one West coast. For that to happen, we'd need substantial sponsor support to help us cover the costs.

Our SF event was hosted in Wikia's offices. The only real expense was a couple hundred dollars for catering. Everyone, including Nelson C and Retrokid, paid for their own travel expenses to attend.

Future events will be substantially more expensive. A suitable venue could easily cost a few grand. Generally speaking, a good venue in New York is substantially more expensive than a comparable one in Las Vegas, and the logistics are simpler as well. (Parking, etc.) Travel costs are also generally lower for those guests coming in from out of town.

New York and Las Vegas were pretty evenly matched in all of our polls to this point. It's Las Vegas' turn in 2018, but if all goes well and we build up sponsor support, New York shouldn't have to wait too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom