Originally Posted by tommykairaa

that one guy wearing running shoes. $%#! outta here
grin.gif
They're comfy though.

Cool story bro time..."The overly sensitive player"

- Went to 24fitness, saw a game going on
- This dude hella mad
laugh.gif
, cussing and all to this one dude over a foul. Took his ball, left game, but was still there talking crap
- Said "I'd shoot you to pieces to the other guy, said "I'd knock you out, you think it's funny?"
- Other dude walks towards him, "Back the _ away from me" while peddling backwards

C'mon mannn

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

that one guy wearing running shoes. $%#! outta here
grin.gif
They're comfy though.

Cool story bro time..."The overly sensitive player"

- Went to 24fitness, saw a game going on
- This dude hella mad
laugh.gif
, cussing and all to this one dude over a foul. Took his ball, left game, but was still there talking crap
- Said "I'd shoot you to pieces to the other guy, said "I'd knock you out, you think it's funny?"
- Other dude walks towards him, "Back the _ away from me" while peddling backwards

C'mon mannn

Originally Posted by mco85

NT tell me if I was wrong for this. I was playing today and got into this huge argument over this incident. So to make a long story short I was running towards my basket full speed without the ball and this dude who was backing up (who for some reason is always trying to draw an offensive foul) steps to his rights, stops like three feet in front of me I try to avoid him at last second our legs get tangled and I fall hella hard. I get pissed basically wanting to fight and dude had the nerve to say offensive foul. Now my *%#%*** knee is swollen

Where was the man with the ball?

Originally Posted by mco85

NT tell me if I was wrong for this. I was playing today and got into this huge argument over this incident. So to make a long story short I was running towards my basket full speed without the ball and this dude who was backing up (who for some reason is always trying to draw an offensive foul) steps to his rights, stops like three feet in front of me I try to avoid him at last second our legs get tangled and I fall hella hard. I get pissed basically wanting to fight and dude had the nerve to say offensive foul. Now my *%#%*** knee is swollen

Where was the man with the ball?

I play pick up w/ some older guys. 5 on 5 full court but they play zone defense. Never heard of that before. Excuse is that they are old and don't want to play man to man. I mean seriously they have 15-16 players in the gym at one time. Play man to man. Its not like we are practicing for Syracuse or something.

I play pick up w/ some older guys. 5 on 5 full court but they play zone defense. Never heard of that before. Excuse is that they are old and don't want to play man to man. I mean seriously they have 15-16 players in the gym at one time. Play man to man. Its not like we are practicing for Syracuse or something.

Originally Posted by langfor5

zone d is just for people who are old and cant move too fast, so they play team D.. very smart.. guess what they are doing is smart, cause it's working since you're complaining..

things i cant stand is people taking charges during pick up games... and people thinking you cant play cause you're not black..

zone d is just for people who are old and cant move too fast, so they play team D.. very smart.. guess what they are doing is smart, cause it's working since you're complaining..

things i cant stand is people taking charges during pick up games... and people thinking you cant play cause you're not black..

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

I agree with a lot of the stuff that's been posted.. one thing I find interesting about ball is the foul vs. And 1 thing.

If you take it up and get hacked and call foul, you get the ball from the top and the basket does not count, regardless if made or not.

If you call And 1 in this situation, you better make the shot, bc if you miss.. it will be claimed that you didn't call a foul.. you called an And 1..

This has always been an unspoken rule I feel. Lol
This!

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

I agree with a lot of the stuff that's been posted.. one thing I find interesting about ball is the foul vs. And 1 thing.

If you take it up and get hacked and call foul, you get the ball from the top and the basket does not count, regardless if made or not.

If you call And 1 in this situation, you better make the shot, bc if you miss.. it will be claimed that you didn't call a foul.. you called an And 1..

This has always been an unspoken rule I feel. Lol
This!

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

I don't see the problem with taking a charge in a pick-up game if someone's just going to lower their head and bulldozing in the lane. I'm a center, so I don't bother with trying to take a charge, but don't see an issue.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

I don't see the problem with taking a charge in a pick-up game if someone's just going to lower their head and bulldozing in the lane. I'm a center, so I don't bother with trying to take a charge, but don't see an issue.

This thread got me cryinnnnnnnnnnn

But I hate...

- Jean shorts guy who flagrant fouls on every possession.

- The guy who's a clown and wants to joke and have conversations with the other team the whole time, ruining the games.

- When you hoop somewhere the first time and the captains pick every black dude there over you...and 70% are trash.
(yeah i'm asian and white lol) (not racist either by the way lmao..just sayin)

- The fact that alotta places I hoop at they have a list you sign u[ to play...so Most of the time if you didnt come with at least 2 dudes
ur gonna end up with 1 or 2 bums who are just in there for "cardio".

- The 10th guy in the gym who's in there just shooting around when you need him to run. smh

- The little kid who somehow signed up with his pops and is allowed to play and gets all 12pts scored on him. F U lil kid!!!

- The 4'9 guy...dogg, pick another sport asap...all you are doing is causing mismatches all over the place!

- Just recently I played twice with 2 different dudes who were hoopin with goddamn earphones in....ARE U SERIOUS?

- The no-look for no-reason guy...always throwin no-look inbounds passes and shhh and most of his passes are TOs

- Oh, and in a game of 21...the good ol' triple team defense on every possession...wtfffffffffffff?

This thread got me cryinnnnnnnnnnn

But I hate...

- Jean shorts guy who flagrant fouls on every possession.

- The guy who's a clown and wants to joke and have conversations with the other team the whole time, ruining the games.

- When you hoop somewhere the first time and the captains pick every black dude there over you...and 70% are trash.
(yeah i'm asian and white lol) (not racist either by the way lmao..just sayin)

- The fact that alotta places I hoop at they have a list you sign u[ to play...so Most of the time if you didnt come with at least 2 dudes
ur gonna end up with 1 or 2 bums who are just in there for "cardio".

- The 10th guy in the gym who's in there just shooting around when you need him to run. smh

- The little kid who somehow signed up with his pops and is allowed to play and gets all 12pts scored on him. F U lil kid!!!

- The 4'9 guy...dogg, pick another sport asap...all you are doing is causing mismatches all over the place!

- Just recently I played twice with 2 different dudes who were hoopin with goddamn earphones in....ARE U SERIOUS?

- The no-look for no-reason guy...always throwin no-look inbounds passes and shhh and most of his passes are TOs

- Oh, and in a game of 21...the good ol' triple team defense on every possession...wtfffffffffffff?

Have we discussed "The Facilitator"?

I think he mainly exists in leagues, but he is the dribble machine point guard who shoots floaters constantly. When he thinks people are getting mad at not seeing the ball (which means its already past that point) he decides to "share" by whipping no look passes on 2-on-1 breaks when he could easily finish himself. He also feeds a wing player the ball and hops away telling them to go ISO so he can get the green light for the next 10 possessions. He has handles and a decent shot, but absolutely no idea how basketball works.

Have we discussed "The Facilitator"?

I think he mainly exists in leagues, but he is the dribble machine point guard who shoots floaters constantly. When he thinks people are getting mad at not seeing the ball (which means its already past that point) he decides to "share" by whipping no look passes on 2-on-1 breaks when he could easily finish himself. He also feeds a wing player the ball and hops away telling them to go ISO so he can get the green light for the next 10 possessions. He has handles and a decent shot, but absolutely no idea how basketball works.

Y'all have these comparisons spot on 
laugh.gif

Can't wait to hit the courts now
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom