Playground BBall habits.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

The Fake Baller
This guy looks the part. Has a sinewy and strong body, has a basketball-themed tattoo, either rocks corn-rows or has a shaved head, wears a jersey from an old league he has participated in, and just appears to be a player. But in reality he sucks. He takes most of the shots on the offensive-end and slacks off on D. He possesses poor footwork and is a digital clock – aka no hands. NBA equivalent: Kwame Brown

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 sorry never heard someone call another person a digital clock 
it got me 
laugh.gif

almost nothing pisses me off more than the dude who will chuck up 3's when we're only playing 1's...

or the dude who CONSTANTLY takes 3's from just inside the 3 point line. c'mon son, take 2 steps up or 1 back

almost nothing pisses me off more than the dude who will chuck up 3's when we're only playing 1's...

or the dude who CONSTANTLY takes 3's from just inside the 3 point line. c'mon son, take 2 steps up or 1 back

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'm not gonna hack you to the point where your gonna get hurt. But if you're on the way to an easy layup for the game winner, I will absolutely wrap you up. Ball up top. None of that  "I'll just score when he lets go' BS either, b/c thats a walk. In fact, I have never seen that done before.
nerd.gif

I hate playing with football players.
Pretty much. It's a tactic for players who get beat to the cup.

Just because there are no free throws and unlimited fouls doesn't mean that the game has to be cheapened.

I'm not gonna hack you to the point where your gonna get hurt. But if you're on the way to an easy layup for the game winner, I will absolutely wrap you up. Ball up top. None of that  "I'll just score when he lets go' BS either, b/c thats a walk. In fact, I have never seen that done before.
nerd.gif

Just because there are no free throws and unlimited fouls doesn't mean that the game has to be cheapened.

If I pass you the ball on the wing and I see you one on one w/ someone I know you can score on and I say "You got it"/"It's your world" etc, don't pass me the ball back immediately. Go score or get fouled.
30t6p3b.gif

One thing I hate is dudes that don't want to switch on D. I know my limitatations and if I can't guard someone and someone asks me to switch, I'll do it. No prob. But the dudes who are checking non factors and aren't willing to switch to guard someone better to help the team out are pansies
laugh.gif
. Like my man you are 6'4 210. Why are you checking the 5'9 150 lb dude.

And LMAOOOOO @ son complaining about people from the other team trying to trick you into inbounding the ball into them. If you fall for that it's your fault. I did that @#$$ yesterday
laugh.gif
. Ran under the basket by the inbounder clapping my hands and saying "I got you back" . He almost passed it in, lol.

QFT 
roll.gif

If I pass you the ball on the wing and I see you one on one w/ someone I know you can score on and I say "You got it"/"It's your world" etc, don't pass me the ball back immediately. Go score or get fouled.
30t6p3b.gif

One thing I hate is dudes that don't want to switch on D. I know my limitatations and if I can't guard someone and someone asks me to switch, I'll do it. No prob. But the dudes who are checking non factors and aren't willing to switch to guard someone better to help the team out are pansies
laugh.gif
. Like my man you are 6'4 210. Why are you checking the 5'9 150 lb dude.

And LMAOOOOO @ son complaining about people from the other team trying to trick you into inbounding the ball into them. If you fall for that it's your fault. I did that @#$$ yesterday
laugh.gif
. Ran under the basket by the inbounder clapping my hands and saying "I got you back" . He almost passed it in, lol.

QFT 
roll.gif

NT tell me if I was wrong for this. I was playing today and got into this huge argument over this incident. So to make a long story short I was running towards my basket full speed without the ball and this dude who was backing up (who for some reason is always trying to draw an offensive foul) steps to his rights, stops like three feet in front of me I try to avoid him at last second our legs get tangled and I fall hella hard. I get pissed basically wanting to fight and dude had the nerve to say offensive foul. Now my *%#%*** knee is swollen

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

nerd.gif

QFT, some of these bums will do anything to stay on the court. I have never in my life seen a good player intentionally wrap someone up in a pick-up game. It's always the ones that live for that rec center glory and have never played HS or College.

NT tell me if I was wrong for this. I was playing today and got into this huge argument over this incident. So to make a long story short I was running towards my basket full speed without the ball and this dude who was backing up (who for some reason is always trying to draw an offensive foul) steps to his rights, stops like three feet in front of me I try to avoid him at last second our legs get tangled and I fall hella hard. I get pissed basically wanting to fight and dude had the nerve to say offensive foul. Now my *%#%*** knee is swollen

nerd.gif

QFT, some of these bums will do anything to stay on the court. I have never in my life seen a good player intentionally wrap someone up in a pick-up game. It's always the ones that live for that rec center glory and have never played HS or College.

guys who hack or foul on open dunks.
you just got beat man, let me dunk. when they take me down, push me, or under cut me. instant fight. that play is only gonna hurt someone

guys who hack or foul on open dunks.
you just got beat man, let me dunk. when they take me down, push me, or under cut me. instant fight. that play is only gonna hurt someone

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom