Playground BBall habits.

Y'all have these comparisons spot on 
laugh.gif

Can't wait to hit the courts now
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Have we discussed "The Facilitator"?

I think he mainly exists in leagues, but he is the dribble machine point guard who shoots floaters constantly. When he thinks people are getting mad at not seeing the ball (which means its already past that point) he decides to "share" by whipping no look passes on 2-on-1 breaks when he could easily finish himself. He also feeds a wing player the ball and hops away telling them to go ISO so he can get the green light for the next 10 possessions. He has handles and a decent shot, but absolutely no idea how basketball works.
laugh.gif
I can be like this at times, except I don't throw crazy passes in 2 on 1 breaks. If I think other people can handle the scoring load better than I can, I'll distribute it around even though sometimes me taking a shot might be a better shot.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Have we discussed "The Facilitator"?

I think he mainly exists in leagues, but he is the dribble machine point guard who shoots floaters constantly. When he thinks people are getting mad at not seeing the ball (which means its already past that point) he decides to "share" by whipping no look passes on 2-on-1 breaks when he could easily finish himself. He also feeds a wing player the ball and hops away telling them to go ISO so he can get the green light for the next 10 possessions. He has handles and a decent shot, but absolutely no idea how basketball works.
laugh.gif
I can be like this at times, except I don't throw crazy passes in 2 on 1 breaks. If I think other people can handle the scoring load better than I can, I'll distribute it around even though sometimes me taking a shot might be a better shot.

Originally Posted by kwh3

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by langfor5

I play pick up w/ some older guys. 5 on 5 full court but they play zone defense. Never heard of that before. Excuse is that they are old and don't want to play man to man. I mean seriously they have 15-16 players in the gym at one time. Play man to man. Its not like we are practicing for Syracuse or something.
zone d is just for people who are old and cant move too fast, so they play team D.. very smart.. guess what they are doing is smart, cause it's working since you're complaining..

things i cant stand is people taking charges during pick up games... and people thinking you cant play cause you're not black..

I don't see the problem with taking a charge in a pick-up game if someone's just going to lower their head and bulldozing in the lane. I'm a center, so I don't bother with trying to take a charge, but don't see an issue.
Taking charges during a pick-up game? If the person guarding me did that I would just tell him "Weight Room!" hit the jumper and give him the 
grin.gif
 look.

Originally Posted by kwh3

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by langfor5

I play pick up w/ some older guys. 5 on 5 full court but they play zone defense. Never heard of that before. Excuse is that they are old and don't want to play man to man. I mean seriously they have 15-16 players in the gym at one time. Play man to man. Its not like we are practicing for Syracuse or something.
zone d is just for people who are old and cant move too fast, so they play team D.. very smart.. guess what they are doing is smart, cause it's working since you're complaining..

things i cant stand is people taking charges during pick up games... and people thinking you cant play cause you're not black..

I don't see the problem with taking a charge in a pick-up game if someone's just going to lower their head and bulldozing in the lane. I'm a center, so I don't bother with trying to take a charge, but don't see an issue.
Taking charges during a pick-up game? If the person guarding me did that I would just tell him "Weight Room!" hit the jumper and give him the 
grin.gif
 look.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'm not gonna hack you to the point where your gonna get hurt. But if you're on the way to an easy layup for the game winner, I will absolutely wrap you up. Ball up top. None of that  "I'll just score when he lets go' BS either, b/c thats a walk. In fact, I have never seen that done before.
nerd.gif

I hate playing with football players.
Pretty much. It's a tactic for players who get beat to the cup.

Just because there are no free throws and unlimited fouls doesn't mean that the game has to be cheapened.
Cheapened? I guess Pro and College players don't do the same thing
grin.gif

Stop the bloodclot crying and take the ball out

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'm not gonna hack you to the point where your gonna get hurt. But if you're on the way to an easy layup for the game winner, I will absolutely wrap you up. Ball up top. None of that  "I'll just score when he lets go' BS either, b/c thats a walk. In fact, I have never seen that done before.
nerd.gif

I hate playing with football players.
Pretty much. It's a tactic for players who get beat to the cup.

Just because there are no free throws and unlimited fouls doesn't mean that the game has to be cheapened.
Cheapened? I guess Pro and College players don't do the same thing
grin.gif

Stop the bloodclot crying and take the ball out

Ill def. call an offensive foul in a pickup game if its obvious.

Charge?  Ehhhhh.  No.

Ill def. call an offensive foul in a pickup game if its obvious.

Charge?  Ehhhhh.  No.

Back
Top Bottom