Plays that are underrated because people can't comprehend them.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

First off, you've hooked me in on calling that the greatest dunk of all time. I've said that to o many people, with these reasons:
#1. It was in a game. That counted. Any dunk that is going to be considered the GOAT has to be a dunk that occurred in game.
#2. He was approaching a guy who was visibly readying himself to take a charge... and he made a split decision... to... I still can't believe this... but... to JUMP OVER HIM.
#3. He succeeded. If this had been during a game, and he had made the decision to jump over him, but failed, that would have till been type crazy, just for trying. But he succeeded.

srs.. who underrates that dunk? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

First off, you've hooked me in on calling that the greatest dunk of all time. I've said that to o many people, with these reasons:
#1. It was in a game. That counted. Any dunk that is going to be considered the GOAT has to be a dunk that occurred in game.
#2. He was approaching a guy who was visibly readying himself to take a charge... and he made a split decision... to... I still can't believe this... but... to JUMP OVER HIM.
#3. He succeeded. If this had been during a game, and he had made the decision to jump over him, but failed, that would have till been type crazy, just for trying. But he succeeded.

srs.. who underrates that dunk? 
laugh.gif

The other thing about the Wade dunk I like is that Jordan and I believe Pippen were in the stands and I think Lebron had just missed a dunk in the last possession or something like that.

LeBron answered that dunk though if I ain't mistaken.
nerd.gif

The other thing about the Wade dunk I like is that Jordan and I believe Pippen were in the stands and I think Lebron had just missed a dunk in the last possession or something like that.

LeBron answered that dunk though if I ain't mistaken.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Originally Posted by Deuce King

After OP originally failed by saying that Vince Carter dunk was the greatest of all-time, I'm so glad somebody posted the Pippen over Ewing dunk.  Now that right there is the GREATEST dunk of all-time.  For you dudes that are saying Vince's dunk, Wade's dunk or anybody else's dunk for that matter, might be best for you dudes to stop visiting S&T for awhile and brush up on your homework. 

This link below is the best version of the dunk, just listen to the crowd reaction and commentary.......

its nostalgia.

its pippen on ewing...it reminds you of the 90s and childhood....

pippen did give that n a ride on his nuts for a good 8 feet tho

BUT

d wade on andy is way worse, imo.

It has NOTHING to do with nostalgia.  The fact of the matter is it was a playoff game, two very good players in Pippen and Ewing, two very good teams in the Bulls and Knicks that had history amongst each other at the time, both individuals collided in mid-air WITHOUT Pippen having to push or knee Ewing to get additonal space, and then the finish with Pippen standing over Ewing with nuts in the face (pause) like he owned him.  Looked at the reaction of both teams after the dunk, both of them were ready to fight and the crowd reaction was incredible.  Then the icing on the cake was Pippen telling Spike to sit his black @%% back down!!  Again, it gets NO better than that. 

For all you dudes saying Wade vs. Sideshow Bob or anybody else for that matter it's back to the drawing board for you. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

After OP originally failed by saying that Vince Carter dunk was the greatest of all-time, I'm so glad somebody posted the Pippen over Ewing dunk.  Now that right there is the GREATEST dunk of all-time.  For you dudes that are saying Vince's dunk, Wade's dunk or anybody else's dunk for that matter, might be best for you dudes to stop visiting S&T for awhile and brush up on your homework. 

This link below is the best version of the dunk, just listen to the crowd reaction and commentary.......

its nostalgia.

its pippen on ewing...it reminds you of the 90s and childhood....

pippen did give that n a ride on his nuts for a good 8 feet tho

BUT

d wade on andy is way worse, imo.

It has NOTHING to do with nostalgia.  The fact of the matter is it was a playoff game, two very good players in Pippen and Ewing, two very good teams in the Bulls and Knicks that had history amongst each other at the time, both individuals collided in mid-air WITHOUT Pippen having to push or knee Ewing to get additonal space, and then the finish with Pippen standing over Ewing with nuts in the face (pause) like he owned him.  Looked at the reaction of both teams after the dunk, both of them were ready to fight and the crowd reaction was incredible.  Then the icing on the cake was Pippen telling Spike to sit his black @%% back down!!  Again, it gets NO better than that. 

For all you dudes saying Wade vs. Sideshow Bob or anybody else for that matter it's back to the drawing board for you. 

I don't think enough people understand the difficulty of this play.  Undermining the play saying Lebron should've dunked it.  Look at where Lebron was when Wade caught the ball.  He sprinted 3/4 of the court, ahead of the Pacers pack, and caught the ball perfectly at just the right moment to lay it up.  Everything was all in one smooth motion.  When the alley oop is thrown from that far out, you best believe it's hard to get the timing down when you're sprinting near the length of the court as well, but Lebron made it look easy.

Wade's part is not to be underestimated as well.  Not just the strength and accuracy but also just knowing to throw it at the rim in the split second this all took place. 

I don't think enough people understand the difficulty of this play.  Undermining the play saying Lebron should've dunked it.  Look at where Lebron was when Wade caught the ball.  He sprinted 3/4 of the court, ahead of the Pacers pack, and caught the ball perfectly at just the right moment to lay it up.  Everything was all in one smooth motion.  When the alley oop is thrown from that far out, you best believe it's hard to get the timing down when you're sprinting near the length of the court as well, but Lebron made it look easy.

Wade's part is not to be underestimated as well.  Not just the strength and accuracy but also just knowing to throw it at the rim in the split second this all took place. 

I look at that Pip on Ewing dunk as one of the best @#$% you moments I have ever witnessed in my entire life. 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

I mean, it was BLATANT disrespect.  It was not just Pip on Ewing, but the Bulls on the Knicks, Chicago on New York, the Bulls vs the whole damn world for that matter. 

Vince was great, but it was over a dude who never mattered before and never will again other than getting dunked on.  And it was OVER the dude.  Impressive, sure.  But Pip went THROUGH this 7 foot shot blocker.  He put that dunk on Ewing's tombstone.  If Ewing ever got famous and needed a logo like the jumpman, I would nominate that dunk. 
laugh.gif

I look at that Pip on Ewing dunk as one of the best @#$% you moments I have ever witnessed in my entire life. 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

I mean, it was BLATANT disrespect.  It was not just Pip on Ewing, but the Bulls on the Knicks, Chicago on New York, the Bulls vs the whole damn world for that matter. 

Vince was great, but it was over a dude who never mattered before and never will again other than getting dunked on.  And it was OVER the dude.  Impressive, sure.  But Pip went THROUGH this 7 foot shot blocker.  He put that dunk on Ewing's tombstone.  If Ewing ever got famous and needed a logo like the jumpman, I would nominate that dunk. 
laugh.gif

like i said, because it was ewing.

we make a point to say it was andy because the ONE thing you CANT say about andy is that he's frail....shawn bradley was frail...

andy is a solid man.

Yall going so far as to nitpick HOW wade jumped in the air?

physically inaccurate? bruh, the second one in the air is always going to have more force, you lose force as its exterted, wade's force from running then jumping was literally being lost by the nanosecond...whereas, andy, who was planted before he jumped, was more solid...his position was much stronger than wades....he may not have had as much enertia behind him, BUT, he most certainly should have won the "collision"...definitely shouldnt have flown backwards, rolled up, into the padding like wade went super saiyin or something

9/10 if a big man jumps, even off a backpedal, and contacts a guard who is in mid air, and has been in mid air before the big jumped, the guard is going to topple and hit the ground...$#!!, i'd say 10/10 but pippen and wade are anomolies

the second person to leave their feet will always have more power...look in football...a reciever jumps to catch the pass, the defender jumps second to make contact....reciever ALWAYS gets layed. same logic applies here...andy jumped INTO WADE TO MAKE CONTACT with wade AFTER wade jumped, and got ROLLED BACKWARDS

the play isnt that he dunked on andy

its that he had dude rolled up backwards like a sleeping bag

AND HE GOT UP LIKE HE GOT DIRTY FOULED OR SOMETHING

ewing was mad about being dunked on, but moreso about being stepped over....the step over is the craziest thing about the dunk

not that ewing got dunked on (people dunked on him)

not the crowd reaction, team reactions, none of that

cause if thats the case, vince's dunk wins off KGs reaction...

kgs reaction to vince's dunk > anyone's reaction to pippens dunk

up until wade yammed on andy, that was my fav dunk, the pippen one

the vince one is hands down the best ever

dudes putting too much merit on names of the person who got dunked on

who cares if hes a nobody? he was 7'2" and got completely jumped OVER

that's the goat.

pippen vs. wade is actually debatable...

i just personally think wade's dunk was nastier than pippens...

it was meaner...more vicious

pippen was so smoove

like i said, because it was ewing.

we make a point to say it was andy because the ONE thing you CANT say about andy is that he's frail....shawn bradley was frail...

andy is a solid man.

Yall going so far as to nitpick HOW wade jumped in the air?

physically inaccurate? bruh, the second one in the air is always going to have more force, you lose force as its exterted, wade's force from running then jumping was literally being lost by the nanosecond...whereas, andy, who was planted before he jumped, was more solid...his position was much stronger than wades....he may not have had as much enertia behind him, BUT, he most certainly should have won the "collision"...definitely shouldnt have flown backwards, rolled up, into the padding like wade went super saiyin or something

9/10 if a big man jumps, even off a backpedal, and contacts a guard who is in mid air, and has been in mid air before the big jumped, the guard is going to topple and hit the ground...$#!!, i'd say 10/10 but pippen and wade are anomolies

the second person to leave their feet will always have more power...look in football...a reciever jumps to catch the pass, the defender jumps second to make contact....reciever ALWAYS gets layed. same logic applies here...andy jumped INTO WADE TO MAKE CONTACT with wade AFTER wade jumped, and got ROLLED BACKWARDS

the play isnt that he dunked on andy

its that he had dude rolled up backwards like a sleeping bag

AND HE GOT UP LIKE HE GOT DIRTY FOULED OR SOMETHING

ewing was mad about being dunked on, but moreso about being stepped over....the step over is the craziest thing about the dunk

not that ewing got dunked on (people dunked on him)

up until wade yammed on andy, that was my fav dunk, the pippen one

the vince one is hands down the best ever

dudes putting too much merit on names of the person who got dunked on

who cares if hes a nobody? he was 7'2" and got completely jumped OVER

that's the goat.

pippen vs. wade is actually debatable...

i just personally think wade's dunk was nastier than pippens...

it was meaner...more vicious

pippen was so smoove

Dunking over a 7 foot shot blocker in position, ready to block it, in the playoffs  >  Dunking over a floppy Euro in an early regular season game. 

IMO 

Dunking over a 7 foot shot blocker in position, ready to block it, in the playoffs  >  Dunking over a floppy Euro in an early regular season game. 

IMO 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

This is one that I think I don't really get, maybe because I never played baseball. 

JeterFlip2.jpg

It was a heads up play but I don't get why it's sooooooo OMG crazy. 
For my money, this is the single OMG'est play that I've seen in sports. Not because he did anything crazy athletic (like jump over a 7-footer) but because that play exemplified his winning-ness and IQ. To be able to see that play unfold, realize that the throw would be short, run from short to where he was in that picture and then relay the ball.. Insanity..

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

This is one that I think I don't really get, maybe because I never played baseball. 

JeterFlip2.jpg

It was a heads up play but I don't get why it's sooooooo OMG crazy. 
For my money, this is the single OMG'est play that I've seen in sports. Not because he did anything crazy athletic (like jump over a 7-footer) but because that play exemplified his winning-ness and IQ. To be able to see that play unfold, realize that the throw would be short, run from short to where he was in that picture and then relay the ball.. Insanity..

Wade's dunk over Varejao has no place in this debate. VC and Pippens dunks were better

Like i said earlier what makes Wade's dunk over Andy any better than the two hand dunk ON Perkins (besides the travel
laugh.gif
)

Wade's dunk over Varejao has no place in this debate. VC and Pippens dunks were better

Like i said earlier what makes Wade's dunk over Andy any better than the two hand dunk ON Perkins (besides the travel
laugh.gif
)

amel223 wrote:

I don't think enough people understand the difficulty of this play.� Undermining the play saying Lebron should've dunked it.� Look at where Lebron was when Wade caught the ball.� He sprinted 3/4 of the court, ahead of the Pacers pack, and caught the ball perfectly at just the right moment to lay it up.� Everything was all in one smooth motion.� When the alley oop is thrown from that far out, you best believe it's hard to get the timing down when you're sprinting near the length of the court as well, but Lebron made it look easy.

Wade's part is not to be underestimated as well.� Not just the strength and accuracy but also just knowing to throw it at the rim in the split second this all took place.�

wade traveled though

Back
Top Bottom