Plays that are underrated because people can't comprehend them.

doctorshoes wrote:
I would take Pippen on Ewing over Wade on Varejao. If you wanna say someone got offended after getting dunked on, just look at Ewing's reaction. The entire Knicks team was ready to fight Pippen, that's how dirty it was lol

probably THE GREATEST FACIAL EVER!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Unles you're a TRUE Seattle Mariners fan, this is greatly underrated.

Yeah our team has slumped back in to mediocracy but without this play, Griffey/Edgar/Randy/A-Rod would've all�been Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Hm, care to explain why?

Yeah our team has slumped back in to mediocracy but without this play, Griffey/Edgar/Randy/A-Rod would've all�been Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Hm, care to explain why?

The Jeter play is simply amazing for the angle he threw the ball, where he fielded it, and the direction of the momentum is body was going in when he threw it to Posada. Most ppl playing baseball, bball, or football know when throwing or shooting when your body is going in one direction due to a thrust in one way or another you have to adjust in a way for the ball to kind of curve so it can get to where you want to go. So from Jeter's line of sight he wouldn't throw it straight there but a little behind himself while he's going in the opposite direction. Then look at how far away he is from home plate throwing that and where the runner is. Crazy play. It's difficult to get the catcher let alone in time to get an out.

Vince is the greatest dunker of all time and that dunk solidified it for me. Never thought that dunk of all his dunks would be underrated.

The Jeter play is simply amazing for the angle he threw the ball, where he fielded it, and the direction of the momentum is body was going in when he threw it to Posada. Most ppl playing baseball, bball, or football know when throwing or shooting when your body is going in one direction due to a thrust in one way or another you have to adjust in a way for the ball to kind of curve so it can get to where you want to go. So from Jeter's line of sight he wouldn't throw it straight there but a little behind himself while he's going in the opposite direction. Then look at how far away he is from home plate throwing that and where the runner is. Crazy play. It's difficult to get the catcher let alone in time to get an out.

Vince is the greatest dunker of all time and that dunk solidified it for me. Never thought that dunk of all his dunks would be underrated.

can someone find the gif or video where (when playin for the cavs, blue rewind jersey, against/at portland) lebron catches a failed alley-oop attempt?

he had to be 12-13 feet in the air. crazy.

can someone find the gif or video where (when playin for the cavs, blue rewind jersey, against/at portland) lebron catches a failed alley-oop attempt?

he had to be 12-13 feet in the air. crazy.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Hm, care to explain why?
In 1994 a referendum to raise funds in order to build a new stadium was shot down by voters and the Mariners were close to being sold/moved to Tampa.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Hm, care to explain why?
In 1994 a referendum to raise funds in order to build a new stadium was shot down by voters and the Mariners were close to being sold/moved to Tampa.

After OP originally failed by saying that Vince Carter dunk was the greatest of all-time, I'm so glad somebody posted the Pippen over Ewing dunk.  Now that right there is the GREATEST dunk of all-time.  For you dudes that are saying Vince's dunk, Wade's dunk or anybody else's dunk for that matter, might be best for you dudes to stop visiting S&T for awhile and brush up on your homework. 

This link below is the best version of the dunk, just listen to the crowd reaction and commentary.......

After OP originally failed by saying that Vince Carter dunk was the greatest of all-time, I'm so glad somebody posted the Pippen over Ewing dunk.  Now that right there is the GREATEST dunk of all-time.  For you dudes that are saying Vince's dunk, Wade's dunk or anybody else's dunk for that matter, might be best for you dudes to stop visiting S&T for awhile and brush up on your homework. 

This link below is the best version of the dunk, just listen to the crowd reaction and commentary.......

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

T-Mac scoring 13 points in 35 seconds to get the win over the spurs
with a minute left in the game and the spurs leading by double digits, the fans started clearing the stadium....little did they know
most clutch performance I've ever witnessed, someone embed the video

Absurd
30t6p3b.gif

The Jason Terry type look on Devin Browns face
laugh.gif
absolutely incredible, i get teary eyed when i watch this because t-mac is one of my favorites
pimp.gif

with a minute left in the game and the spurs leading by double digits, the fans started clearing the stadium....little did they know

Absurd
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
absolutely incredible, i get teary eyed when i watch this because t-mac is one of my favorites
pimp.gif

Absurd
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

I remember watching that live (on tv) I went from 
ohwell.gif
 to
eek.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Absurd
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

I remember watching that live (on tv) I went from 
ohwell.gif
 to
eek.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

its nostalgia.

its pippen on ewing...it reminds you of the 90s and childhood....

pippen did give that n a ride on his nuts for a good 8 feet tho

BUT

d wade on andy is way worse, imo.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

its nostalgia.

its pippen on ewing...it reminds you of the 90s and childhood....

pippen did give that n a ride on his nuts for a good 8 feet tho

BUT

d wade on andy is way worse, imo.

Don't get me wrong the Wade dunk is nice, but how are you gonna respond after somebody posts guards dunking on the likes of Hakeem and Ewing, and say, "Well what made the Wade dunk so great was that he dunked on SIX FOOT ELEVEN ANDERSON VAREJAO!"
laugh.gif
Dude has the reputation of being one of the softest big men in the league, flopping and taking the most charges. That automatically knocks the dunk down a little bit, kinda like dunking on Shawn Bradley. Yea they're tall, but they're soft.

Also what makes it not even in the same league as a lot of other ones to me is the fact that Wade had his leg stuck out and basically kneed Varejao in the crotch, that's why he knocked him back. Whereas if you look at Pippen on Ewing, it's straight up body contact with no kicking/kneeing to knock the guy out of the way. It reminds me of the dunk Trevor Ariza had on Gerald Wallace awhile back where he basically just kicked him in the balls. Still a nice dunk, but it's not the same.

And to whoever talked about how Varejao should have had more momentum since he jumped after Wade and jumped into Wade; that's just physically inaccurate. Wade was running damn near full speed and going towards the basket; Varejao had just finished backpedaling and jumped straight up in the air (not at all into Wade like you said). Jumping later would also give him far less momentum than Wade has after being in the air already with a full head of steam. And then he also was knocked out of the way by Wade's knee.

Don't get me wrong the Wade dunk is nice, but how are you gonna respond after somebody posts guards dunking on the likes of Hakeem and Ewing, and say, "Well what made the Wade dunk so great was that he dunked on SIX FOOT ELEVEN ANDERSON VAREJAO!"
laugh.gif
Dude has the reputation of being one of the softest big men in the league, flopping and taking the most charges. That automatically knocks the dunk down a little bit, kinda like dunking on Shawn Bradley. Yea they're tall, but they're soft.

Also what makes it not even in the same league as a lot of other ones to me is the fact that Wade had his leg stuck out and basically kneed Varejao in the crotch, that's why he knocked him back. Whereas if you look at Pippen on Ewing, it's straight up body contact with no kicking/kneeing to knock the guy out of the way. It reminds me of the dunk Trevor Ariza had on Gerald Wallace awhile back where he basically just kicked him in the balls. Still a nice dunk, but it's not the same.

And to whoever talked about how Varejao should have had more momentum since he jumped after Wade and jumped into Wade; that's just physically inaccurate. Wade was running damn near full speed and going towards the basket; Varejao had just finished backpedaling and jumped straight up in the air (not at all into Wade like you said). Jumping later would also give him far less momentum than Wade has after being in the air already with a full head of steam. And then he also was knocked out of the way by Wade's knee.

Back
Top Bottom