Please lock.

Margarito in his prime is not better than Canelo right now? Is that the debate there?

Margarito was just a one dimensional tough fighter with a great chin. He was never amazingly skilled. Canelo is a much better boxer. Margarito was a slightly better version of Angulo.

Last edited:
We'll never know about Margs' true power because of the wraps but there's no debating he had a granite chin and was relentless in his pressure. I'd go SD Margarito.

We'll never know about Margs' true power because of the wraps but there's no debating he had a granite chin and was relentless in his pressure. I'd go SD Margarito.

Angulo has a granite chin and has relentless pressure. The same thing that happened to him, would happen to Margarito.

Last edited:
Margarito in his prime is not better than Canelo right now? Is that the debate there?

[emoji]128514[/emoji]
there is no debate, only laughing faces from the Canelo fans, who still can't explain what Canelo does so well or how they consider him such a superior A+ Fighter

Again, say what you want about the wraps but Antonio had will, power , chin and an insane output. His body work was vicious and his uppercut deadly.
Canelo "skill" hasn't been proven at all. He hasn't beat anyone. Whats Canelo's best win? a trout W that was very debatable (I thought Canelo Won).

If margarito was a one dimensional fighter what is Canelo? He froze up and did Nothing vs Floyd and did nothing when trout boxed.

If Canelo had to face the Cotto that pounded margarito for the first 7 rounds of their 1st fight , Canelo would have folded up his tent like he did vs Floyd

I am waiting for the 23 yr old to grow. He's had a trillion fights so we will see if he has it in him.

Facing old, shot fighters and the bum brothers of champions won't help him grow tho and you all know it

:smh:

You're using him getting beat by the best boxer of our generation to prove how Margarito is better than Canelo? You also use the Trout fight (which Canelo won) who is a lenghty, awkward southpaw who was considered a top fighter in his division at the time of that fight.

Jesus christ.

Your hatred for him blinds your logic. It's impossible to debate against illogical, delusional, arguments

Like I said, Canelo already fought a Margarito and washed him.

Last edited:
Who else has he fought? Who am I supposed gauge his skill against?
I don't hate him, I hate the hype the fleece over our eyes like he's some world beater.
Your love for him won't let you see how flawed he is.

He's fought 2 step up opponents, struggled one and did absolutely nothing vs One of the all time greats.
He had no business being in the ring with Floyd, yet you can't even admit that. In fact did you call for a rematch vs Floyd, recently?

Who else has he fought? Who am I supposed gauge his skill against?
I don't hate him, I hate the hype the fleece over our eyes like he's some world beater.
Your love for him won't let you see how flawed he is.

He's fought 2 step up opponents, struggled one and did absolutely nothing vs One of the all time greats.
He had no business being in the ring with Floyd, yet you can't even admit that. In fact did you call for a rematch vs Floyd, recently?

I picked Flloyd against Canelo. I think logically, not with emotions like you. He tried to outbox Flloyd, which is a terrible gameplan. He beat Trout fair and square, so what if he looked bad, southpaw's are awkward to fight.

And yeah I called the rematch, and not because I think it's a good fight or because I think Canelo can win but because it makes money sense for Flloyd. You just want to twist someone's words to fit your asinine argument.

Dude has MUCH more talent than Margarito ever had. What did Margarito ever do better other than pressure someone? Nothing. Canelo is more disciplined, better body work, better head movement, great power, and great combination punching. Margarito had more output? So what, so does Angulo man, that doesn't mean ****. Open your damn eyes and quit letting emotions dictate your logic.

If you truly think Margarito was a better boxer then in the great words of Flloyd Mayweather -

"You dont know **** about boxing!"

Last edited:
You're the one letting your emotions take over. Margarito output meant nothing lol ok. Just like Paul Williams output meant nothing too.

Canelo has zero head movement. And he does not work the body better than Antonio did. That is borderline ridiculous. margarito's combinations were also better than Canelo's.
Does Saul have talent, yes. Talent don't win **** tho. Lots of talented fighters get absolutely mopped when they fight guys who are smarter, who have better timing and who have better punching power. Let alone more heart.

The main problem you are having is differentiating talent with actual results and production. Sure he's more talented than Antonio, he is not better than Margarito in his prime and it's going to take A lot For Saul to ever be.

Last edited:
You're the one letting your emotions take over. Margarito output meant nothing lol ok. Just like Paul Williams output meant nothing too.

Canelo has zero head movement. And he does not work the body better than Antonio did. That is borderline ridiculous. margarito's combinations were also better than Canelo's.
Does Saul have talent, yes. Talent don't win **** tho. Lots of talented fighters get absolutely mopped when they fight guys who are smarter, who have better timing and who have better punching power. Let alone more heart.

The main problem you are having is differentiating talent with actual results and production. Sure he's more talented than Antonio, he is not better than Margarito in his prime and it's going to take A lot For Saul to ever be.

Canelo does not have zero head movement. He showed it in the Trout fight and in the Angulo fight that he has improved drastically in that department. And the question was what does Canelo do better than Margarito and Canelo's head movement as of now is better than at any time in Margarito's career. When have you ever seen Canelo's face beat up after a fight? Margarito took shots to give shots.

And you said talented guys get beat by smarter fighters, who have better timing, and more punching power? LOL I know damn well you're not describing Margarito, because Canelo has better timing, and is a smarter fighter than Margarito ever was. Are you kidding me? Margarito was your typical Mexican pressure fighter who was never known for his good timing and smart boxing ability, just toughness and great chin. And as far as the power goes, Canelo has proven to have power, and so did Margarito. But Margarito also proved to be a cheater who was fighting with loaded gloves, so how do we truly know how much power he really had?

Your logic is amusing me and my coworkers over here :lol: ...

Last edited:
Just let it go, you'll probably read more outrageous **** on boxing forums. I've seen debates of Marvin Hagler vs GGG, with a decent amount of posters favoring GGG. :smh:

I swear y'all avatars always have me mixed up, since it's the same colors and the football players.

Floyd vs Khan...at Wembley Arena in England...in front of 80k fans? I know Khan has the Ramadan thing but that's a payday to end all paydays.

I swear y'all avatars always have me mixed up, since it's the same colors and the football players.

Floyd vs Khan...at Wembley Arena in England...in front of 80k fans? I know Khan has the Ramadan thing but that's a payday to end all paydays.

Kahn would land punches at a less than 20% rate and that's only because punch stats would favor punches thrown and crowd roar. May would make a meal If him, don't we all agree.

**** it I'm ready.

Jen Mateo vs Manny Pacquiao, let's get it done. It's the fight everyone been waiting for.

Rick Glaser @RickGlaser1 · 18h

Schaefer & Haymon trying to release Richard from non-compete, & Haymon may give up rights to #Oscar on some fighters as part of it! #boxing

I'm so lost I don't even know what they are trying to do. Are there going to be 3 groups now (TR with Arum, GBP with DLH, and a new group with Shaffer/Haymon)?

I haven't been following this honestly.

Pretty much although I doubt Haymon cuts ties with GB. Who's going I promote his fights with his fighters? Also GB has all the Showtime dates. As for Flloyd, he's talking about he's going to promote his own fights, even though he knows damn well he can't in Nevada. And is he going to cut ties with Haymon if he decides to still do business with GB? What's he going to do for his Septembet undercard? Nothing just TMT fighters? Yeah right.

The problem is also we don't know who the hell is signed with who. Fighters we can almost be certain are with GB is Canelo, Maidana, Santa Cruz, and I think Khan. I could be wrong but from I've read those dudes are with GB.

Eh, I'll just say I think in his prime IMO Margarito was better than Canelo is right now. I'm not even going to get into the semantics of one is a better boxer or one has a better chin/power. I'm saying as an overall fighter. I don't think or see that as a slight toward Canelo. Margarito 04 Cintron to Margarito summer of 08 Cotto was a very good fighter. I would say the 07 version of PW is probably the best fighter (outside of PBF obviously) either one has fought. The fact that he nearly pulled the out IMO spoke volumes about how he came along and adjusted in that fight. I know the plaster is going to make it seem like anyone is crazy to even take that side (trust me, I feel it like I am a bit :lol:) but call me biased, but I lean he just got caught for the Shane fight and that was it.

Take it FWIW, you think differently that's your two cents you're entitled to.

On the Schaefer/Haymon/GBP/TR, I think what will end up happening is Schaefer opening up his own promotional shop with the fighters signed to Haymon. The complicated part is going to be either those fighters trying to get out of the GBP contracts and how the purse bidding is going to work. But that could be completely wrong too.

I doubt PBF will go the promotional route, he'll leave all that to Al/Schaefer. At least I hope so.

I wanna see it. Reiterating Khan's desire to retire early, probably increases the urgency of a monster payday and topnotch fight with PBF.

Khan's chin and defense are well-documented, but I'd be surprised if Floyd put him on the canvas.

Pacman would end up with 13 more kids. :lol:
You know Jinkee scolded Manny after the humorous exchange with Jen. What woman wouldn't be jealous of Ms. Mateo.

Back
Top Bottom