Please lock.

I disagree.

As I said previously, if anyone is going to beat Floyd it's not going to be because they're better at the sweet science, nobody is outboxing him. Maidana's 81% KO percentage gave him as good a shot as any at unseating Floyd. Did I think he'd do it? No...

Did I think he had a better chance than Vegas and most were giving him? Especially considering his style? Absolutely.

So would I fault anyone for thinking Maidana was going to win? All things considered no. If they're picking him for his awkward style and his punching power and not because they just want to hate on Floyd I wouldn't laugh at them.

Hats off to Maidana he did his best.

Oh no I'm not talking skill wise because Maidana definitely held his own and gave Floyd a great fight.

I'm taking the business side of it. Once I saw "Mayweather Promotions", I already knew what was up.

Only way Maidana would have gotten the decision was by knockout.

Also you have to give credit to Floyd for basically fighting almost a super middle weight as Maidana rehydrate up to 165 pounds while Floyd came in at 151.

If Sergio Martinez looks good & beats Cotto I want Floyd to fight him.

Oh no I'm not talking skill wise because Maidana definitely held his own and gave Floyd a great fight.

I'm taking the business side of it. Once I saw "Mayweather Promotions", I already knew what was up.

Only way Maidana would have gotten the decision was by knockout.

So are you saying that if Maidana had indeed won the propensity for a robbery was there?

Floyd just swindles some of you idiots so easy it's not even funny. No one with half a working brain wanted to see this fight which is why Floyd fought the way he did. The man can do whatever he wants in the ring whenever he deems. He let Maidana tee off on him on the ropes. When he actually felt like pivoting out so he wouldn't get trapped on the ropes he did with ease. Based on this performance, Floyd just cashed in on another huge payday in his next. People are going to buy it thinking he will lose because he has gotten old overnight which he clearly hasn't.

Agree with this

Excellent ring work by the best fighter in the game. Both Mayweather and Maidana showed a lot of grit, but Floyd was the smarter, more efficient fighter tonight.

I disagree.

As I said previously, if anyone is going to beat Floyd it's not going to be because they're better at the sweet science, nobody is outboxing him. Maidana's 81% KO percentage gave him as good a shot as any at unseating Floyd. Did I think he'd do it? No...

Did I think he had a better chance than Vegas and most were giving him? Especially considering his style? Absolutely.

So would I fault anyone for thinking Maidana was going to win? All things considered no. If they're picking him for his awkward style and his punching power and not because they just want to hate on Floyd I wouldn't laugh at them.

Hats off to Maidana he did his best. I don't think people realize how good a chin Floyd has on him, he has the ability to fireback when getting hit, he just looks comfortable most of the time in there, but he takes a very good punch and people may take that for granted when watching him. Maidana was a game opponent but Floyd is just that complete of a fighter. Not only is his defensive boxing fantastic, but he can take a shot.
Agreed. The man knows how to adjust and is the master strategist. I didn't think Maidana would win, but I didn't think he had no chance, a long shot, yes, but still a chance. Even for those who think Mayweather was taking rounds off, Maidana definitely put up an entertaining fight and improved his stock quite a bit.

"next time we can use are own gloves right" if the gloves was the same why do you need to keep saying that?
ohwell.gif

im pretty sure we get a rematch unless he fights someone outside of golden boy, the Russian,pac,cotto or Martinez

Went to the fight, had a great time. Between the British and the Argentinians the environment was crazy. I need to watch the fight on tv to be sure but what I took out of it:
Broner is the next Berto, he's sloppy and overconfident. I don't think he's a contender at 140 or 147.
Not a huge Amir Khan fan but he's really let's his hands go and is entertaining
Maidana seemed to fight really dirty, lot of punches on the legs and hips, seemed like he should have been deducted at least 1 point
I'm curious to the rules of boxing when it comes to holding. Mayweather loves to hold after that overhand right, is that illegal?
Mayweather can say whatever he wants, he didn't engage with Maidana for the fans, Maidana was bigger and made Floyd fight that style, Mayweather said the same thing after the Cotto fight and then fired Roger.

Last edited:
Went to the fight, had a great time. Between the British and the Argentinians the environment was crazy. I need to watch the fight on tv to be sure but what I took out of it:
Broner is the next Berto, he's sloppy and overconfident. I don't think he's a contender at 140 or 147.
Not a huge Amir Khan fan but he's really let's his hands go and is entertaining
Maidana seemed to fight really dirty, lot of punches on the legs and hips, seemed like he should have been deducted at least 1 point
I'm curious to the rules of boxing when it comes to holding. Mayweather loves to hold after that overhand right, is that illegal?
Mayweather can say whatever he wants, he didn't engage with Maidana for the fans, Maidana was bigger and made Floyd fight that style, Mayweather said the same thing after the Cotto fight and then fired Roger.

I agree.

Saw alittle bit of the fight... from what I saw, seems like he has lost a step. He doesn't manuever out as quickly as he used to.

Father time catching up? And he says Brad/Pac wasn't impressive. :lol:

It wasn't Floyd's rope work that was concerning as uncle ruckert eluded to rather Floyd's work in the middle of the ring. The simple fact that Maidana caught him slipping a few times is a display of how either one of two things happen, either Floyd has lost a step or he loses composure with a brawler. One instance that comes to mind is when in the middle rounds MAyweather was turned around and exposed and if Maidana had reacted to it quicker then he would've tag Floyd pretty well, possibly enough to determine the match.

How can any real boxing fan pay money to watch this man fight someone hes clearly going to beat? Floyd played with him for the first six rounds then easily coasted through. Im not paying a dime till this man fights a legitimate contender

How can any real boxing fan pay money to watch this man fight someone hes clearly going to beat? Floyd played with him for the first six rounds then easily coasted through. Im not paying a dime till this man fights a legitimate contender

The equivalent of a #1 seed NCAA team only playing against unranked teams. Not saying only Floyd does this but boxing as a whole at the "top level" is a joke

Last edited:

The equivalent of a #1 seed NCAA a team only playing against unranked teams. Not saying only Floyd does this but boxing as a whole at the "top level" is a joke
agree. Cant call this a sport when you can pick and choose who you want to fight. It's crazy to me that the 2 best P4P in the last decade never fought in their prime.

Can you imagine if the Heat didn't want to play the Spurs in the finals because of money issues or the kind of basketball they were using? :lol:

Last edited:
It's worse than that. Imagine if KD on went for dunks because he wants his shot percentage to stay 100%. On too of that he refuses to play against any good team just in case

Floyd just swindles some of you idiots so easy it's not even funny. No one with half a working brain wanted to see this fight which is why Floyd fought the way he did. The man can do whatever he wants in the ring whenever he deems. He let Maidana tee off on him on the ropes. When he actually felt like pivoting out so he wouldn't get trapped on the ropes he did with ease. Based on this performance, Floyd just cashed in on another huge payday in his next. People are going to buy it thinking he will lose because he has gotten old overnight which he clearly hasn't.
SMH:rolleyes
Floyd has lost a step or two. He would have wiped the floor with this guy if he could have. Maidana came in with the mentality that he was leaving it all in the ring and not be so full of respect where he just let's Money dictate the fight to him. Everybody complaining bout the rough house tactics, that the only way you have sliver of a chance to beat Money. You can't go in there and out box him. Anyways Floyd looking like Roy at the end of his career. Great fighter great fight great career most profitable boxer ever. Floyd Hova can hang them up as one of the best ever.

Last edited:
Last night's main event was entertaining. Don't understand all the hate being thrown Floyds way. The man has fought everyone thay was thrown his way except pacquiao to this point. I feel like all people know o's Floyds last 5-6 years of fighting and didn't watch a bunch of his earlier fights. Floyds resume of opposition> than manny's .

Also people talk about him taking the easy way lol that's laughable. Mosley and Oscar ducked this dude for years until he became a bigger name and was dominating opposition on his way to the top.

Yall need to jus appreciate the man's greatness in the ring.

Curious to see who he fights mext.and also this was not his best performance and it really did seem he was not all the way there

So you brahs thought I was asking for a stream when I made my Diggy joke last night. :smh: :lol:

I'm legit hurt, you brahs cut me real deep wit that, thought you guys would know me better than that |I

Last edited:
Last night's main event was entertaining. Don't understand all the hate being thrown Floyds way. The man has fought everyone thay was thrown his way except pacquiao to this point. I feel like all people know o's Floyds last 5-6 years of fighting and didn't watch a bunch of his earlier fights. Floyds resume of opposition> than manny's .

Also people talk about him taking the easy way lol that's laughable. Mosley and Oscar ducked this dude for years until he became a bigger name and was dominating opposition on his way to the top.

Yall need to jus appreciate the man's greatness in the ring.

Curious to see who he fights mext.and also this was not his best performance and it really did seem he was not all the way there

I agree but I disagree with the statement that he was not all there. He said it himself he wanted to please the fans so he stood right in front of chino and took everything he had. I do not want to see this rematch because it will just be a blow out if Floyd decides to box and not just stand and exchange because ppl wanna see action

Highly doubt it man. He just said that for a ego boost.

All that clinching and hugging was not acting. He got hurt, plain and simple!

Wonder how this would have turned out if Floyd didn't throw a ***** fit about the gloves.

Back
Top Bottom