Please Lock.

Streaming is killing the PPV model.

I believe it. I damn sure didn't buy the GGG fight :lol:

And damn, Cotto Canelo just a little more than three weeks away. I think probability wise it's like 60-40 Canelo just off youth, size and power but I still got this feeling Cotto is gonna pull it off. Maybe I'm just gassed off the Sergio fight and him beating Geale on his deathbed tho, I dunno.

BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  3h3 hours ago
Roman Gonzalez Eyes 2-3 Fights in 2016, Estrada Too http://dlvr.it/CWGC0H  #boxing
HBO should start picking up Estrada's fights to build towards the rematch.  They should probably start picking up Inoue's fights too, pretty soon. 

150k might sound bad but in interviews I heard a few weeks ago, GGGs people and HBO said that they were banking on 100k buys to still come out on top.

What hurt his numbers is Lemieux. That was not a PPV fight from the get go no matter how they tried to sell him as a big puncher blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Gives his remaining competition that doesn't have a mandatory defense against him a great argument for not fighting him.

"If he wants to fight with me, let him come down to 155 and I'll fight him whatever day he wants," stated former jr. welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, who made it crystal clear that undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin will have to meet him at a catchweight of 155 pounds if he hopes to fight him in the near future.

Canelo is currently in camp training for his upcoming November 21 showdown with WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto. Although Cotto's 160-pound title will be on the line, both fighters agreed to face each other at 155 pounds. The WBC has mandated that immediately after the fight, the winner will have 15 days to agree to face Golovkin next or they will be stripped of the title. Judging from Canelo's comments, it doesn't sound like he's too concerned about losing the middleweight title should he come out victorious.

"At this moment, my body isn't ready for 160 pounds. Maybe 1 or 2 more years I'll be ready for 160, I don't know, but I'd be delighted to fight someone like Gennady. He's a great fighter and I think it would be a great fight. I'd be delighted to get him in a fight," Canelo explained in a recent interview with FightHype's own Luis Sandoval. Considering that Golovkin, as well as his promoter, Tom Loeffler, recently stated that he would only face Cotto or Canelo at 160 pounds for the title, it doesn't sound like a potential Canelo vs. Golovkin clash will be happening any time soon.
roll.gif

This dude weighed 167.8 today.  GGG was 165 at his 30 day weigh in. 

That weight draining is going to catch up to him soon, if he doesn't move up. 

"If he wants to fight with me, let him come down to 155 and I'll fight him whatever day he wants," stated former jr. welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, who made it crystal clear that undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin will have to meet him at a catchweight of 155 pounds if he hopes to fight him in the near future.

Canelo is currently in camp training for his upcoming November 21 showdown with WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto. Although Cotto's 160-pound title will be on the line, both fighters agreed to face each other at 155 pounds. The WBC has mandated that immediately after the fight, the winner will have 15 days to agree to face Golovkin next or they will be stripped of the title. Judging from Canelo's comments, it doesn't sound like he's too concerned about losing the middleweight title should he come out victorious.

"At this moment, my body isn't ready for 160 pounds. Maybe 1 or 2 more years I'll be ready for 160, I don't know, but I'd be delighted to fight someone like Gennady. He's a great fighter and I think it would be a great fight. I'd be delighted to get him in a fight," Canelo explained in a recent interview with FightHype's own Luis Sandoval. Considering that Golovkin, as well as his promoter, Tom Loeffler, recently stated that he would only face Cotto or Canelo at 160 pounds for the title, it doesn't sound like a potential Canelo vs. Golovkin clash will be happening any time soon.
:rofl: 155

This dude weighed 167.8 today.  GGG was 165 at his 30 day weigh in. 

That weight draining is going to catch up to him soon, if he doesn't move up. 

It hasn't caught up with him yet.

The only time it did was when he fought Mayweather and had to cut an extra 2 pounds. What he said is exactly what people should expect. When moving up in weight, a boxer isn't going to fight the top dog right off the bat especially when it's somebody like GGG. It takes a few fights to adjust to the new weight.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if Canelo wins, he's going to vacate the title and fight a B fighter at 160. If GGG isn't willing to wait he's going to have to come down in weight because he's the B side in this situation.

Last edited:
It hasn't caught up with him yet.

The only time it did was when he fought Mayweather and had to cut an extra 2 pounds. What he said is exactly what people should expect. When moving up in weight, a boxer isn't going to fight the top dog right off the bat especially when it's somebody like GGG. It takes a few fights to adjust to the new weight.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if Canelo wins, he's going to vacate the title and fight a B fighter at 160. If GGG isn't willing to wait he's going to have to come down in weight because he's the B side in this situation.
He ain't getting any smaller.  It's easy to get sick, and come into the ring dehydrated when you drain like that.  He's been in camp since late August and is still only 168, for a fight that is taking place at 155.  That's concerning. 

He wouldn't have to physically adjust to fighting at 160 because he is a natural MW.  If we still had same day weigh in's he'd be a MW.  What he is going to have to adjust to is fighting guys who are the same size as him. 

If GGG and his team offer him 158 or 157, and he still vacates, that "I will fight anyone, I'm not afraid of anybody" is BS.  They're offering to fight him TX too. 

Last edited:
Canelo and Cotto aren't fighting GGG. Canelo might wait a couple of years for GGG to slip and then jump on the opportunity. Even though Margarito was a cheat, I'm fairly sure he would've fought GGG.

RIGHT NOW , canelo would be a fool to jump in wit ggg. Hes askin for his career to take a drastic turn if he does that.

And how is this dude walkin around at 167 when hes gona fight at 155 in 30 days. Canelo shouldnt be draining hkmself under 158

13lbs is easy to cut at that weight if he is honestly 168. I used to cut from 160 to anywhere from 140-145 in two days and those fights were same day as the weigh in. The real question is if Canelo cut weight to make that limit.

Either way, if you hold or are fighting for a title at a higher weight class then you are "comfortable" at, you don't deserve to be fighting for that title. WBC is a joke for letting Cotto defend it twice at catch weights and to let any of this garbage happen.

I'm not sure how many people thought GGG wasn't a good technical fighter but before Saturday I thought he always showed good footwork, patience, and vision to go with a very stiff and effective jab. I don't think either Cotto or Canelo can beat him but it would make for great action.

Agreed, ggg is very patient, but dam near every punch he throws counts.

I think hes a lil slow on his feet, but the way he cuts off the ring and walks you down makes up for it.

I learn something new about ggg each fight i watch. That left jab is somethin to worry about for canelo tho.

I wish there was some leaked footage or somethin of the sparring they had.

It makes me wonder if the cotto canelo will be early boxing and late sluggin or all out sluggin.

Back
Top Bottom