Please Lock.

Dang I wanted to see how Thurman would handle Porter's style

Last edited:
I think that was a great match up for Thurman. Porter is too sloppy with it, he's not slick at all like a Collazo. Thurman has the counterpunching and power to stop that dude.

Douglass Fischer ‏@dougiefischer  2m2 minutes ago
Three things I've noticed at Canelo's gym:
1. He's working on his English 
2. There are posters of Muhammad Ali everywhere 
3. He's huge

Write on the Button ‏@wotbboxing  3h3 hours ago
Guillermo Rigondeaux stripped of the WBO 122 title today due to "extraordinary inactivity." Hasn't fought since December 2014. #boxing

mean.gif

Is he still being "promoted" by Arum?
Nah, not anymore. 

The rumour was that he was waiting for his contract with his manager to run out so he could join Al, but that looks like it's not happening now. 

He might have to move up and fight bigger guys if wants to get on the major networks. 

So whags the real reason why he hast fought aince 14' ?

He is too good, to the point where opponents dont want to let their hands go, when they can catch him. This lead to casual fans and some boxing analyst labeling him as boring. Once he got that label it was hard to sell his fights. Let alone find people to fight him knowing they probably take the L.

Last edited:
Did he not have any mandatory fights from the WBO? Did he turn those down? Is dude just waiting around for big fights? If he is then I blame him. If everybody is avoiding him, why not fight tomato cans just to stay active? There is no reason for somebody like him to fight once a year,

Last edited:
Too much time negotiating fights that eventually fell thru maybe? Idk. Id watch him against some tomato cans. Guess its just the politics and money of boxing.

I think that was a great match up for Thurman. Porter is too sloppy with it, he's not slick at all like a Collazo. Thurman has the counterpunching and power to stop that dude.
I wouldn't say Shawn is sloppy, but he's definitely rugged and one-dimensional. Porter's bulldog style is unconventional and a bit hard to simulate regularly. I do like the way Shawn works the body, could make a difference if his fight with Thurman goes the distance. Empty the gas tank and work-rate because "One Time" is very light-footed.

Why that cancel that fight? Thurman scared?? :nerd:
I don't believe that's the accurate narrative. I do know Porter's camp wants this fight very, very badly. Shawn has a lot to gain with a potential W over Thurman, and little to lose not being expected to win. Could relaunch his status in the division prior to the Brook loss.

Reportedly Haymon and PBC want more time to properly promote this showdown. It won't happen on December 12th, but should occur early-2016. Perhaps January 23rd on FOX, or a later date.

View media item 1766919

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom