'Plus-Sized' College Student Claims Discrimination at Bar *UPDATE Fatty had stage dismantled SMH

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by youngdoc

Yeah NT would be singing a different tune. Please dont compare this situation to stereotyping based on race. That's ridiculous

A bar didnt want a fat chick on stage, dont bring race into this discussion.
Nah, I'm gonna go ahead and bring race into this discussion. Discrimination based on appearance is discrimination based on appearance. Period.
Fine I'll bite.

Your example with the black chick is different because the bouncer is stereotyping how she'll act simply because of her race

In this situation the bouncer isn't letting her on stage because she's fat and no one wants to see a fat girl on stage.

A better race example would be if a bouncer wouldnt let a black girl on stage because no one at the bar wants to see a black girl on stage.

Yeah NT would be singing a different tune. Please dont compare this situation to stereotyping based on race. That's ridiculous

A bar didnt want a fat chick on stage, dont bring race into this discussion.
Nah, I'm gonna go ahead and bring race into this discussion. Discrimination based on appearance is discrimination based on appearance. Period.
Fine I'll bite.

Your example with the black chick is different because the bouncer is stereotyping how she'll act simply because of her race

In this situation the bouncer isn't letting her on stage because she's fat and no one wants to see a fat girl on stage.

A better race example would be if a bouncer wouldnt let a black girl on stage because no one at the bar wants to see a black girl on stage.

Sure, but in a place like Iowa, I'm sure that the example you just gave is equally possible.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

The bouncer was looking for the welfare of the entire group on that stage.

The mini beluga would have destroyed it and consequently would have hurt everyone.

if anything, the bouncer should be commended for watching out for the safety of the other patrons.

I can't believe someone is trying to ruin what could be an epic thread by bringing race into this when it has nothing to do with it 
indifferent.gif

just sit back and laugh at burn calories by laughing at the fattie 

This wilderbeast is planning a rally outside of the bar on May 4th. The bar should run a food special that day.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

This wilderbeast is planning a rally outside of the bar on May 4th. The bar should run a food special that day.
laugh.gif
 they should host a national Salad Day 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

just sit back and laugh at burn calories by laughing at the fattie PSU alum
sandusky-460x307.jpg

Sorry your football team will be awful for the near future and hopefully forever.

Sincerely,

Big 10 Fan
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

laugh.gif
 they should host a national Salad Day 

monique_precious_nosalad.gif

I couldn't resist...
roll.gif

I actually agree with the person who brought race in this thread... If someone wasn't allowed on stage because she was too "dark" you guys would be singing a different tune.

Discrimination of any type is wrong... Unless there is a sign saying you can't get on stage if you're overweight, then this fatty has a strong point... I hope she wins.

just sit back and laugh at burn calories by laughing at the fattie PSU alum
sandusky-460x307.jpg

Sorry your football team will be awful for the near future and hopefully forever.

Sincerely,

Big 10 Fan
smile.gif

oh way to bring more irrelevance to this thread 
birthday_animated_gif.gif

Bouncers can be !%$$*!+#. I wonder how her reaction would have been different if he just leveled with her? Also, I wonder if the bar took such a stringent approach to serving alcohol to a pregnant woman.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

I actually agree with the person who brought race in this thread... If someone wasn't allowed on stage because she was too "dark" you guys would be singing a different tune.

Discrimination of any type is wrong... Unless there is a sign saying you can't get on stage if you're overweight, then this fatty has a strong point... I hope she wins.

Apples to Oranges in legal terms. Race discrimination is against the law, size discrimination isn't. What would she win? Money based on her not dancing in public?  

Anyway, I could see why she wanted to dance with her friends and it isn't right, but the club has to protect their atmosphere. No one wants to see a hot, sweaty, plus size person breaking it down to pitbull on the platform. We live in a vision-based world, a club feds off of that and will discrimate to protect business. It is what it is.  

She should just keep it moving and use this as motivation, the club/bar has a right to instill their own criteria as to who can dance on the bar. She mad ...

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

Apples to Oranges in legal terms. Race discrimination is against the law, size discrimination isn't. What would she win? Money based on her not dancing in public?  

Anyway, I could see why she wanted to dance with her friends and it isn't right, but the club has to protect their atmosphere. No one wants to see a hot, sweaty, plus size person breaking it down to pitbull on the platform. We leave in a vision world, a club feds off of that and will discrimate to protect business. It is what it is.  

White people didn't want black people stinking up their bars and restaurants with their "black essence" or however you might want to put it. I understand the argument against the girl and I also understand the "discrimination" argument as well. My stance is this: This is such a blurry issue, because unlike race issues, one can choose whether they want to be fat to a certain extent. However, genetics also plays a role in whether a person is going to be hefty or not. I'm not really for discrimination of any kind, but if it really is a genuine safety issue like some people claim, then maybe it's a good thing. Same with some fat people having to buy two airplane tickets. I'm all for letting fat people cook, but when it can harm others, something should be done. 
Let me say this too though: I really hope she doesn't try to start some civil rights movement for size equality or something. Although I don't think she should be discriminated against because of her size, that's only because I believe some idiots could try and make that applicable to other categories, I.E. skin color or gender. Regardless, being obese isn't something that should be wholly accepted because it is indeed unhealthy. There's a difference between being slightly overweight and being downright unhealthy, and I don't think people whose weight causes them health issues should be encouraged to be their fat selves. Idk. Tough issue.

You obviously made this thread to clown this girl, so why are you mad I'm clowning you?
you aren't clowning anyone; you're just derailing the thread from your ex girlfriend not being allowed on the bar to something as serious race and child abuse 

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Anyway, I could see why she wanted to dance with her friends and it isn't right, but the club has to protect their atmosphere. No one wants to see a hot, sweaty, plus size person breaking it down to pitbull on the platform. We leave in a vision world, a club feds off of that and will discrimate to protect business. It is what it is.  

White people didn't want black people stinking up their bars and restaurants with their "black essence" or however you might want to put it. I understand the argument against the girl and I also understand the "discrimination" argument as well. My stance is this: This is such a blurry issue, because unlike race issues, one can choose whether they want to be fat to a certain extent. However, genetics also plays a role in whether a person is going to be hefty or not. I'm not really for discrimination of any kind, [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]but if it really is a genuine safety issue like some people claim[/color], then maybe it's a good thing. Same with some fat people having to buy two airplane tickets. I'm all for letting fat people cook, but when it can harm others, something should be done. 
1) 
alien.gif
sick.gif
That's atrocious.

2) An issue I have here is dudes pretending like it's a safety issue. Yo, I don't wanna see that either. I'd probably look away. But I would let her cook, and not give a BS excuse like it's a safety issue.

You obviously made this thread to clown this girl, so why are you mad I'm clowning you?
Cause people never like a taste of their own medicine
But for real, instead of losing weight and getting healthy she doing this ridiculous thing.

First world problems for real 
eyes.gif

Anyway, I could see why she wanted to dance with her friends and it isn't right, but the club has to protect their atmosphere. No one wants to see a hot, sweaty, plus size person breaking it down to pitbull on the platform. We live in a vision-based world, a club feds off of that and will discrimate to protect business. It is what it is.  
I agree with the bold above, but I don't agree with how the club tried to maintain their 'atmosphere.'  I don't see the point in the bouncer passing the buck by saying 'you are obviously pregnant.'  That's where this gets fuzzy.  Not all fat people are pregnant, so in a way it is discriminatory.

Back
Top Bottom