'Plus-Sized' College Student Claims Discrimination at Bar *UPDATE Fatty had stage dismantled SMH

***takes a look at "Whose the Fattest NT'er" thread

***takes a look at infinite girl problem threads

oh ok

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by bruce negro

1) 
alien.gif
sick.gif
That's atrocious.

2) An issue I have here is dudes pretending like it's a safety issue. Yo, I don't wanna see that either. I'd probably look away. But I would let her cook, and not give a BS excuse like it's a safety issue.
laugh.gif
  Split focus lead to that mistake, but I agree with you it's more in depth than a safety issue. Most likely a combo of her facial features and wieght.

Don't private businesses have the right to discriminate?

I agree with people that said she should take the Vow of L silence.
If a biz doesn't want your money, get to steppin.
Plenty of bars have told me they don't allow fitteds, long shorts, or sneakers, but its full of white college kids wearing them.

I make a note of it and don't go back.

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

I actually agree with the person who brought race in this thread... If someone wasn't allowed on stage because she was too "dark" you guys would be singing a different tune.

Discrimination of any type is wrong... Unless there is a sign saying you can't get on stage if you're overweight, then this fatty has a strong point... I hope she wins.

Apples to Oranges in legal terms. Race discrimination is against the law, size discrimination isn't. What would she win? Money based on her not dancing in public?  

Anyway, I could see why she wanted to dance with her friends and it isn't right, but the club has to protect their atmosphere. No one wants to see a hot, sweaty, plus size person breaking it down to pitbull on the platform. We live in a vision-based world, a club feds off of that and will discrimate to protect business. It is what it is.  
Race discrimination (or any type of discrimination) is not against the law in a club tho.  If a club maintains that they have the right to be selective, they can discriminate on the basis of anything.  As long as they don't explicitly that they're discriminating on the basis of whatever
it is, they're legally in the clear.    

2) An issue I have here is dudes pretending like it's a safety issue. Yo, I don't wanna see that either. I'd probably look away. But I would let her cook, and not give a BS excuse like it's a safety issue.

Ok, say you do let this baby elephant on the stage. The stage breaks, hurts a couple of people, the night is ruined for everyone as they have to evacuate, clean, call ambulance etc.
Now who's the owner of the establishment going to drop the hammer on?  Everyone who worked that night, especially the bouncers because it is their job to stop dumb crap like that from happening.

I don't care if he did it for safety reasons or not, he's going to explain he did it for safety reasons in court though...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Don't private businesses have the right to discriminate?

I agree with people that said she should take the Vow of L silence.
If a biz doesn't want your money, get to steppin.
Plenty of bars have told me they don't allow fitteds, long shorts, or sneakers, but its full of white college kids wearing them.

I make a note of it and don't go back.
way too much real life man.  this is a such a terrible feeling

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Ok, say you do let this baby elephant on the stage. The stage breaks, hurts a couple of people, the night is ruined for everyone as they have to evacuate, clean, call ambulance etc.
Now who's the owner of the establishment going to drop the hammer on?  Everyone who worked that night, especially the bouncers because it is their job to stop dumb crap like that from happening.

I don't care if he did it for safety reasons or not, he's going to explain he did it for safety reasons in court though...

You make it seem like this chick weighed more than every chick who was on the bar to begin with... If they can handle a bunch of chicks shaking their !$$%!.. I'm sure the bar could handle a girl that weighs 200-250lbs.

The only problem I have with this situation is that people are deflecting the real issue at hand and justifying discrimination which is totally wrong, because if it happened to you, you guys would be the first people on here making threads... (people staring at me outside the bank... making me take my glasses off inside a bank)

I would have more respect for the bar if they came out and said "we didn't let her dance on the bar because she's ugly and fat."

Truth man, that bar could accommodate her weight, im sure that wasnt an issue. I've been to bars/clubs with bigger girls dancing on the bar. It wasnt a pretty site, but its no more of a safety hazard than if ten 80lb chicks were up there
Shoefreakbaby:  You know know as a woman that it is not always as easy for woman as simply "controlling your weight".  

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

You obviously made this thread to clown this girl, so why are you mad I'm clowning you?
Cause people never like a taste of their own medicine
people can control their weight; not sure what I have to do with controlling Penn State football just because I an alum.
see the difference? just noting it's two very different animals 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

You obviously made this thread to clown this girl, so why are you mad I'm clowning you?
you aren't clowning anyone; you're just derailing the thread from your ex girlfriend not being allowed on the bar to something as serious race and child abuse 
Yeah, you're definitely the good guy here
eyes.gif
We've all seen you post and all you do is try to crap on people. This is known.

Stop it. Do you see how dumb that sounds? A girl who's 150 lbs is not going to do that much more damage when she falls than one that weighs 120. Be real.

You dudes are shallow. Yea, the girl definitely played herself, but she definitely was discriminated against. That in itself, is absolutely wrong. As for the safety argument, if the platform isn't sturdy enough or wide enough to safely support the additional 100+ lbs. she is adding, then that platform shouldn't be in the venue, or nobody should be allowed on it. You all are also acting as if people aren't going to come back to the club because one big girl got on it and danced. People are going to either ignore her or laugh at her, and that's it. Nothing else will come out of it. So, is it really hurting anyone for her to be up there for a few minutes?

I'm all for joking on people, hell I make inappropriate/borderline cruel jokes all day, but to attempt to justify discrimination is deplorable.

Carry on.

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

C'mon now.

She knows her big $%% shouldn't be dancing on nobody'stage.

75b355ad408761b7faef662f48229806bd4c569.gif

Just sit in the corner and wait for a thirsty southern black dude to get at you.

I'm black, if that matters.[emoji]174[/emoji]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by alkaTREz

I'm all for joking on people, hell I make inappropriate/borderline cruel jokes all day, but to attempt to justify discrimination is deplorable.
This is the summation of all my posts in this thread. Cheers.

"He said, 'You're not pretty enough and you're pregnant.' I said, 'I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that I am not pregnant.'

I wouldn't believe her if she said she was pregnant...

people can control their weight; not sure what I have to do with controlling Penn State football just because I an alum.
see the difference? just noting it's two very different animals 

But you still clowning her, and he still clowning you.
ohwell.gif

Anyways, Im surprised no one notice the  "I know for 100% fact Im not pregnant" 

This girl is embarrassing her self 

This thread got too serious...it was such lulz

But seriously she is 100% sure she isn't pregnant?  Guilty conscious? You just recently got tested? which means some one slept with you?

futurama_fry_chewing.gif

you aren't clowning anyone; you're just derailing the thread from your ex girlfriend not being allowed on the bar to something as serious race and child abuse 
eyes.gif

Stop it. Do you see how dumb that sounds? A girl who's 150 lbs is not going to do that much more damage when she falls than one that weighs 120. Be real.

Man what? You're acting as if I said she'd fall through the floor...I'm saying a collection of 8 drunk girls in high heels won't get hurt if the stage went toppling down??  What would happen if that happened huh?
The bouncer did the lesser of 2 evils is all I'm saying.

The girl just decided to take offense to it, rather than a wake-up call.

"The only problem I have with this situation is that people are deflecting the real issue at hand and justifying discrimination which is totally wrong, because if it happened to you,your mother,your aunt,your cousin,your niece,your girlfriend or your wife you guys would be the first people on here making threads".

Quoted and fixed for truth.

eyes.gif

Man what? You're acting as if I said she'd fall through the floor...I'm saying a collection of 8 drunk girls in high heels won't get hurt if the stage went toppling down??  What would happen if that happened huh?

http://www.spankthellama.com/hashbrowns/main.php/d/13453-1/interdasting+******+reaction.jpg

what are these 2 evils?

yall can have your hayden panettiere and halle berry, give me this precious specimen
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

Truth man, that bar could accommodate her weight, im sure that wasnt an issue. I've been to bars/clubs with bigger girls dancing on the bar. It wasnt a pretty site, but its no more of a safety hazard than if ten 80lb chicks were up there
Shoefreakbaby:  You know know as a woman that it is not always as easy for woman as simply "controlling your weight".  

Yeah I know, but its obvious she is a determined strong willed person, if  I were her I would have cried  in the corner and told no one about this.
I just think she should put that determination into losing weight and getting healthy

My black friends got denied entrance to a Spanish club in Miami , its the way they work and trust it will never change 

No one is going to aid in the plight to making  raunchy clubs "equal".

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

eyes.gif

http://www.spankthellama.com/hashbrowns/main.php/d/13453-1/interdasting+******+reaction.jpg

what are these 2 evils?

1) Let her get up on stage, risk stage collapse which would lead to lawsuit.
2) Deny her access to stage, risk her suing.

Back
Top Bottom