Poker Rant Thread

I'm thinking we need one of these. I know a decent amount of people play poker here, and you guys probably take bad beats like me. You can post yourstories to vent because I know how much it sucks to take a bad beat and everyone needs to vent sometimes.

Just installed Full Tilt like two hours ago and I'm ready to uninstall again. It's always like this. I like Full Tilt, but I take horrible beats onthere. After I installed I played some small tournaments and lost all of them, getting beat on the river four out of the five tournaments and the other I wasbeat on the turn. I was all in with the better hand every play, but also ended up losing every single one. I swear I have some terrible luck with Full TiltTournaments. I hate it when these %#*%%!@ get so lucky on straight and flush draws on the river. Two of the times they only had ___ high (one was an ace andthe other a queen
indifferent.gif
) and I got beat on both of those with a pocketpair and trips. The other ones they at least had a small hand.

One game I had pocket 8's. It comes 2, 4, and 5 with no two the same suit. I ended up checking, then re-raising all in when dude pushed. He had 2 and 7 andhits the 7 on the turn. Another game I had pocket 5's and the flop came A(spade), A(club) and 10(hearts). Everyone checked (like six players) and then whenthe turn came it was a 3(hearts), dude pushed and I thought about it for a little while and went all in. He had JQ off-suit and hit a river J. Last game I hadtrip 3's on the turn and called (going all in) and dude had A high and hit the flush on the river.

Anyone got any tips? I'm thinking about just joining another site instead and if you guys have any recommendations then I'm open to them. I've usedPoker Stars, but I didn't really like it when I went back to it. Haven't tried any other ones.

Any tips for what? Not getting bad beats -- yeah quit poker lol. Bad beats happen to everyone, it sucks. Today alone I've lost KK < KQ, 1010 < K8, 88< 69, 77 < 52, KK < 47o. Get a poker blog for anyone who really cares to hear about your bad beats... You have to remember if your getting bad beatsyour getting your $ in good so your playing well... as N.W said its variance and in the long run you will be making $ getting in good...

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

Any tips for what? Not getting bad beats -- yeah quit poker lol. Bad beats happen to everyone, it sucks. Today alone I've lost KK < KQ, 1010 < K8, 88 < 69, 77 < 52, KK < 47o. Get a poker blog for anyone who really cares to hear about your bad beats... You have to remember if your getting bad beats your getting your $ in good so your playing well... as N.W said its variance and in the long run you will be making $ getting in good...
True/not true.

is your government name phil hellmuth? lol.

as stated, bad beats happen to everyone. in the long run, donks pay you. you have to keep that in perspective.

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

Any tips for what? Not getting bad beats -- yeah quit poker lol. Bad beats happen to everyone, it sucks. Today alone I've lost KK < KQ, 1010 < K8, 88 < 69, 77 < 52, KK < 47o. Get a poker blog for anyone who really cares to hear about your bad beats... You have to remember if your getting bad beats your getting your $ in good so your playing well... as N.W said its variance and in the long run you will be making $ getting in good...
Tips for dealing with bad beats, maybe?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom