*[Portland Trail Blazers]* Official Thread - 2012 Season has Begun!

Thanks. But it's pretty inevitable now.

Hey, At least you guys are in the playoff picture at the moment.

Thanks. But it's pretty inevitable now.

Hey, At least you guys are in the playoff picture at the moment.

Good two road wins. Orlando and Miami, both tough teams. Definitely a confidence boost. 7 game road win streak! We should make it 8 in Charlotte. It appears that Gerald Wallace is starting to find his stride with this team and everyone is starting to re-gel with this new team. BRoy played good, but he still has those moments where I feel like he still thinks he is THE guy and tries to do to much. But he has been much better about it. As long as he isn't slowing down the offense, is moving with out the ball, playing good defense, and just taking the shots he is given we will be alright. I am just worried that as he starts getting his confidence back, he will start trying to take over games again, when it is pretty clear it is LA's team THIS year. Maybe down the road he can start commanding a little more but even then he has got to realize that is will never be the same now that LA has come into his own. Anyways, I'm really happy and excited with whats going on and can't wait to see how much better we get as a team as we get closer to play offs. I feel we will be peaking at just the right time.

RIP CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good two road wins. Orlando and Miami, both tough teams. Definitely a confidence boost. 7 game road win streak! We should make it 8 in Charlotte. It appears that Gerald Wallace is starting to find his stride with this team and everyone is starting to re-gel with this new team. BRoy played good, but he still has those moments where I feel like he still thinks he is THE guy and tries to do to much. But he has been much better about it. As long as he isn't slowing down the offense, is moving with out the ball, playing good defense, and just taking the shots he is given we will be alright. I am just worried that as he starts getting his confidence back, he will start trying to take over games again, when it is pretty clear it is LA's team THIS year. Maybe down the road he can start commanding a little more but even then he has got to realize that is will never be the same now that LA has come into his own. Anyways, I'm really happy and excited with whats going on and can't wait to see how much better we get as a team as we get closer to play offs. I feel we will be peaking at just the right time.

RIP CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I feel like Gerald played his first solid all around game as a blazer tonight, looking forward to more of that.

Another game that I love the fact they didn't trade Andre Miller. I think Cho made the right decision not to blow our squad up because we might actually have a shot this year to get out the first round the way we are playing.

Noskey what you posted about the WCF- I don't think there is a team that wants to see the blazers come playoff time IMO (well besides the lakers lol) and I love the possibilities if we play like we have + getting BRoy healthier and healthier. Only team

I think if we had Oden beasting down low we would be a serious problem in the West..smh, but real talk I really think he'll get healthy and come out and beast next year for us. I think they made the right decision keeping him.

Yes I feel like Gerald played his first solid all around game as a blazer tonight, looking forward to more of that.

Another game that I love the fact they didn't trade Andre Miller. I think Cho made the right decision not to blow our squad up because we might actually have a shot this year to get out the first round the way we are playing.

Noskey what you posted about the WCF- I don't think there is a team that wants to see the blazers come playoff time IMO (well besides the lakers lol) and I love the possibilities if we play like we have + getting BRoy healthier and healthier. Only team

I think if we had Oden beasting down low we would be a serious problem in the West..smh, but real talk I really think he'll get healthy and come out and beast next year for us. I think they made the right decision keeping him.

Oden? Nah, he's gone after this year. Management already said that they're not resigning him next year. I'm fine with it *shrug*

I love the fact they didn't trade Andre Miller. I think Cho made the right decision not to blow our squad up because we might actually have a shot this year to get out the first round the way we are playing.
But this, yes
pimp.gif
I'm surprised that we have a squad capable of making some noise come playoff time considering the way this season started. And keeping Dre was smart. We need a veteran who can run a team; Patty isnt ready to do it, we have no one else that could do it. As long as Miller and Nate dont butt heads again the team looks like they're meshing better than they have in a LONG time.

airblaster503 wrote:

Good to see Crash get in there tonight as well, he needs to be getting more playing time.

Yeah, it's just a matter of time before he starts for us. Batum better realize this; Wallace is just a better player. No other way to cut it.

Oden? Nah, he's gone after this year. Management already said that they're not resigning him next year. I'm fine with it *shrug*

I love the fact they didn't trade Andre Miller. I think Cho made the right decision not to blow our squad up because we might actually have a shot this year to get out the first round the way we are playing.
But this, yes
pimp.gif
I'm surprised that we have a squad capable of making some noise come playoff time considering the way this season started. And keeping Dre was smart. We need a veteran who can run a team; Patty isnt ready to do it, we have no one else that could do it. As long as Miller and Nate dont butt heads again the team looks like they're meshing better than they have in a LONG time.

airblaster503 wrote:

Good to see Crash get in there tonight as well, he needs to be getting more playing time.

Yeah, it's just a matter of time before he starts for us. Batum better realize this; Wallace is just a better player. No other way to cut it.

^^ Yea Wallace will eventually start, he is a more polished player and a better option on the defensive side of the ball. The only reason I think Nate is hesitant right now is he thinks there won't be enough shooters out there to spread the floor but he needs to realize Gerald has a good mid range game, it isn't all about the 3 ball.

And what you said with Oden I have to disagree. I think they are committed to at least bringing him back for another year or 2. Especially since we only have Camby right now basically. Plus they have invested to much into him already to just let him walk, if he is injured again he is gone but I believe the organization is hoping he can come back and play like he was before he was hurt last year. If he could come in and do that it would be huge and take even more pressure off Aldridge. Right now teams aren't really respecting Camby since he hasn't shown much of anything on the offensive side, imagine if we had a Center that was a low post threat to score along with LA, Blazers would be some serious contenders.

^^ Yea Wallace will eventually start, he is a more polished player and a better option on the defensive side of the ball. The only reason I think Nate is hesitant right now is he thinks there won't be enough shooters out there to spread the floor but he needs to realize Gerald has a good mid range game, it isn't all about the 3 ball.

And what you said with Oden I have to disagree. I think they are committed to at least bringing him back for another year or 2. Especially since we only have Camby right now basically. Plus they have invested to much into him already to just let him walk, if he is injured again he is gone but I believe the organization is hoping he can come back and play like he was before he was hurt last year. If he could come in and do that it would be huge and take even more pressure off Aldridge. Right now teams aren't really respecting Camby since he hasn't shown much of anything on the offensive side, imagine if we had a Center that was a low post threat to score along with LA, Blazers would be some serious contenders.

It'd be nice if all that were to happen, and if the team could keep him for pennies I wouldnt mind seeing him back. I just cant deal with having someone on the roster when they're only good for 1/3 of the season, if that. But hey, when we get a new training staff that knows what they're doing, it might turn Greg's career around (which we can all agree we're hoping for). And I agree about having a center with the capabilities of Oden. That would be enough to push this team to the next level.

Just a shame he's had such an injury riddled career so far
tired.gif

It'd be nice if all that were to happen, and if the team could keep him for pennies I wouldnt mind seeing him back. I just cant deal with having someone on the roster when they're only good for 1/3 of the season, if that. But hey, when we get a new training staff that knows what they're doing, it might turn Greg's career around (which we can all agree we're hoping for). And I agree about having a center with the capabilities of Oden. That would be enough to push this team to the next level.

Just a shame he's had such an injury riddled career so far
tired.gif

Blazers starting to take over here going into the 4th. Lets see if this keeps up...

That's 2 quarter ending shots
pimp.gif

Blazers starting to take over here going into the 4th. Lets see if this keeps up...

That's 2 quarter ending shots
pimp.gif

Man I know Brandon has been beasting this 4th, but it still frustrates the hell out of me when he doesn't take a chance on fast break points. Same old stuff with him holding the ball to long and not getting enough movement. I hope this performance doesn't inflate his ego to where we continue to see this style of play since I doubt he can keep it up every game

Man I know Brandon has been beasting this 4th, but it still frustrates the hell out of me when he doesn't take a chance on fast break points. Same old stuff with him holding the ball to long and not getting enough movement. I hope this performance doesn't inflate his ego to where we continue to see this style of play since I doubt he can keep it up every game

As long as the Blazers win, I dont care what style they play. Great job to finish strong for once 
pimp.gif

As long as the Blazers win, I dont care what style they play. Great job to finish strong for once 
pimp.gif

Missed the game, but thanks to ESPN I was able to see the Batum buzzer beater > the Spurs
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom