*[Portland Trail Blazers]* Official Thread - 2012 Season has Begun!

Missed the game, but thanks to ESPN I was able to see the Batum buzzer beater > the Spurs
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Man i've been sick all week, sore throat, swollen tonsils, all that crap. And i haven't been able to talk much because it hurts. But man! It was just automatic when Batum made that game winner I let out a hoarse scream that hurt, but was worth it! What an excellently drawn up play. And lets not forget the pass by dre, and MORE importantly the steal by dre and wesley + 2 free throws batum hit. Coulda closed it earlier if LA hit his free throws but i'm not complaining I'm just happy we won. I remember thinking damn were gonna drop another tight one. Great confidence/momentum boost going into OKC. Now its time to prime ourselves for the end of hte season run and play offs. This is a good start.

RIP CITY!!!!!!!

Man i've been sick all week, sore throat, swollen tonsils, all that crap. And i haven't been able to talk much because it hurts. But man! It was just automatic when Batum made that game winner I let out a hoarse scream that hurt, but was worth it! What an excellently drawn up play. And lets not forget the pass by dre, and MORE importantly the steal by dre and wesley + 2 free throws batum hit. Coulda closed it earlier if LA hit his free throws but i'm not complaining I'm just happy we won. I remember thinking damn were gonna drop another tight one. Great confidence/momentum boost going into OKC. Now its time to prime ourselves for the end of hte season run and play offs. This is a good start.

RIP CITY!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help last night by beating the Spurs.

It's a slim chance but if Spurs drop 2 or 3 more and the Lakers keep winning we might catch them for the # 1 seed in the West.

Real talk though If Blazers & Mavs meet in the 1st round I really think you guys will take out the Mavs.

Hopefully you guys beat the Spurs again on Monday but Spurs are seriously tough at home.

It's a slim chance but if Spurs drop 2 or 3 more and the Lakers keep winning we might catch them for the # 1 seed in the West.

Real talk though If Blazers & Mavs meet in the 1st round I really think you guys will take out the Mavs.

Hopefully you guys beat the Spurs again on Monday but Spurs are seriously tough at home.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

No problem
laugh.gif
wink.gif
I'm not confident against any team in a 7 game series though, whether it's the Mavs, Spurs, Suns or anyone. Dirk always lights us up. But I will say the Mavs seem to be the best matchup for us.

Amazing game by Wallace tonight. Too bad it seemed that all the other players on the floor expected Gerald to do everything and then some
30t6p3b.gif
Oh well, cant have 2 amazing comebacks in as many games in this conference. At this point we just have to win a few more and look forward to the playoffs, I suppose.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

No problem
laugh.gif
wink.gif
I'm not confident against any team in a 7 game series though, whether it's the Mavs, Spurs, Suns or anyone. Dirk always lights us up. But I will say the Mavs seem to be the best matchup for us.

Amazing game by Wallace tonight. Too bad it seemed that all the other players on the floor expected Gerald to do everything and then some
30t6p3b.gif
Oh well, cant have 2 amazing comebacks in as many games in this conference. At this point we just have to win a few more and look forward to the playoffs, I suppose.

Roy and Batum each got hurt tonight against OKC.

[h4]http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/local/link?id=3660474[/h4]
[h4]Nicolas Batum, Brandon Roy suffer separate injuries in Trail Blazers' loss to Oklahoma City
icon_externallink_gray.png
[/h4]Nicolas Batum injured his right quad on the first play of the game and Brandon Roy strained his lower back on second-to-last play of the third quarter and the availability of both players is in jeopardy for Monday night's game at the San Antonio Spurs.

Just what we need
30t6p3b.gif

Roy and Batum each got hurt tonight against OKC.

[h4]http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/local/link?id=3660474[/h4]
[h4]Nicolas Batum, Brandon Roy suffer separate injuries in Trail Blazers' loss to Oklahoma City
icon_externallink_gray.png
[/h4]Nicolas Batum injured his right quad on the first play of the game and Brandon Roy strained his lower back on second-to-last play of the third quarter and the availability of both players is in jeopardy for Monday night's game at the San Antonio Spurs.

Just what we need
30t6p3b.gif

Alright they're both playing tonight. Injuries werent really all that. Babbitt is back too, for some reason.

Spurs without their Big 3 tonight. I expect a win, albeit a hard fought one.

Alright they're both playing tonight. Injuries werent really all that. Babbitt is back too, for some reason.

Spurs without their Big 3 tonight. I expect a win, albeit a hard fought one.

A loss we couldnt afford right now
30t6p3b.gif
Looks like we're gonna finish in that 7th spot.

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

We'll be lucky to go 4-3 against that schedule. OKC, LA, Utah will all play us tough. Dallas could go either way, it's lucky we're at home. I'd imagine we could beat Golden State at least once, realistically both games, and Memphis.

Hornets only have 1 game they should lose (@Dallas), but since it's New Orleans I'd imagine they lose a couple of their games. Still, it'd take a lot for us to pass them at this point.

30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

We'll be lucky to go 4-3 against that schedule. OKC, LA, Utah will all play us tough. Dallas could go either way, it's lucky we're at home. I'd imagine we could beat Golden State at least once, realistically both games, and Memphis.

Hornets only have 1 game they should lose (@Dallas), but since it's New Orleans I'd imagine they lose a couple of their games. Still, it'd take a lot for us to pass them at this point.

Hard loss to swallow earlier especially during a tight playoff race. I wouldn't mind being 7 even if we play LA. They always seem slow to jumpstart the offseason. Hopefully we can catch em slipping but if they continue to play like now I'm pretty sure we're screwed ha.

Hard loss to swallow earlier especially during a tight playoff race. I wouldn't mind being 7 even if we play LA. They always seem slow to jumpstart the offseason. Hopefully we can catch em slipping but if they continue to play like now I'm pretty sure we're screwed ha.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Funny, you guys always seem in a hurry to get to the offseason.........

Oh come on, I had too.  Don't be mad at me.  It was sittin there on a tee, what'dya want me to do?   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Funny, you guys always seem in a hurry to get to the offseason.........

Oh come on, I had too.  Don't be mad at me.  It was sittin there on a tee, what'dya want me to do?   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

30t6p3b.gif
this is what i'm hoping for.. NO would get killed by LA

Originally Posted by Noskey

30t6p3b.gif
this is what i'm hoping for.. NO would get killed by LA

Camby out tonight vs Utah.

Camby was injured Tuesday night during the Blazers' 108-87 loss to Golden State when Warriors forward David Lee fell on his head. Trainer Jay Jensen said Camby is better today than last night.
30t6p3b.gif
Hope Aldridge and Crash can hold down the paint, no one else gonna be able to.

Camby out tonight vs Utah.

Camby was injured Tuesday night during the Blazers' 108-87 loss to Golden State when Warriors forward David Lee fell on his head. Trainer Jay Jensen said Camby is better today than last night.
30t6p3b.gif
Hope Aldridge and Crash can hold down the paint, no one else gonna be able to.

Camby out again. Playing Batum on Pau 
indifferent.gif
Good 1st other than some shotty foul calls.

Camby out again. Playing Batum on Pau 
indifferent.gif
Good 1st other than some shotty foul calls.

Wow this game went a direction I didnt expect. Artest and Wallace been going hard at each other all game. This potential playoff matchup got a lot more interesting imo.

edit: That's game
pimp.gif
What a show. If we play like this in the playoffs we might just make it out the 1st round finally.

Wow this game went a direction I didnt expect. Artest and Wallace been going hard at each other all game. This potential playoff matchup got a lot more interesting imo.

edit: That's game
pimp.gif
What a show. If we play like this in the playoffs we might just make it out the 1st round finally.

Back
Top Bottom