*[Portland Trail Blazers]* Official Thread - 2012 Season has Begun!

Was just going to see if this thread was going or to make a new one.

Man I can't even explain how upset I am with this team, Roy and Oden I expected but we have absolutely no bench
30t6p3b.gif
We went from one of the best and deepest young teams and traded guys like Webster and Bayless and now what? The team has nothing to show for it. Paul Allen needs to sell the team, I don't care that we probably wouldn't get a owner with as much money. I would rather have a owner that makes smart decisions and see this team go in a different direction. Firing Cho was a mistake, he had a plan to build for the future. I want to see Larry Miller canned and get a new GM that has some balls to stand up to Allen, tired of these yes men and Allen and the Vulcan group making all the decisions.

Was just going to see if this thread was going or to make a new one.

Man I can't even explain how upset I am with this team, Roy and Oden I expected but we have absolutely no bench
30t6p3b.gif
We went from one of the best and deepest young teams and traded guys like Webster and Bayless and now what? The team has nothing to show for it. Paul Allen needs to sell the team, I don't care that we probably wouldn't get a owner with as much money. I would rather have a owner that makes smart decisions and see this team go in a different direction. Firing Cho was a mistake, he had a plan to build for the future. I want to see Larry Miller canned and get a new GM that has some balls to stand up to Allen, tired of these yes men and Allen and the Vulcan group making all the decisions.

What are some cheap players you guys think the Blazers should be going after? I think they should look at bringing back Pendergraph since they need a big, and we obviously need a back up 2 gaurd, unless Nolan Smith can step in there. Might need a back up PG, Elliot Williams and Armon Johnson I have no faith in.

What are some cheap players you guys think the Blazers should be going after? I think they should look at bringing back Pendergraph since they need a big, and we obviously need a back up 2 gaurd, unless Nolan Smith can step in there. Might need a back up PG, Elliot Williams and Armon Johnson I have no faith in.

^didnt we just get raymond Felton? I think he'll help us out. Just don't kno if his fat !+! was eating all lock out.

^didnt we just get raymond Felton? I think he'll help us out. Just don't kno if his fat !+! was eating all lock out.

Yeah we've got Felton, but I still like Miller more. We'll see though. With a younger team on the floor maybe a faster pace than Miller is just what we need.

Yeah we've got Felton, but I still like Miller more. We'll see though. With a younger team on the floor maybe a faster pace than Miller is just what we need.

Originally Posted by ChipToothSmile

Yea we got Felton as a starter, we have absolutely no bench except for Batum.  Team is looking real weak right now.  Starters aren't to bad with Felton, LA, Wes, Gerald, and an aging Camby.  Just need to find some scorers and a big to come off the bench but 3 mil isn't much to work with
eyes.gif
  Doubt the Blazers will be a playoff team at this point.

Originally Posted by ChipToothSmile

Yea we got Felton as a starter, we have absolutely no bench except for Batum.  Team is looking real weak right now.  Starters aren't to bad with Felton, LA, Wes, Gerald, and an aging Camby.  Just need to find some scorers and a big to come off the bench but 3 mil isn't much to work with
eyes.gif
  Doubt the Blazers will be a playoff team at this point.

Just posted on that B-Roy retirement thread. I couldn't help but feel bad for Blazers fans. I was seeing this team (alongside with OKLA) to be contending for the Western Conference champs, but I guess that's short lived now.

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
Trail Blazers Roster
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td] [table][tr][td] 2011-12 Roster[/td][/tr][tr][td]NUM[/td][td]PLAYER[/td][td]POS[/td][td]HT[/td][td]WT[/td][td]DOB[/td][td]  FROM[/td][td]YRS[/td][/tr][tr][td] 12[/td] [td] LaMarcus Aldridge [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-11[/td] [td] 240[/td] [td] 07/19/1985[/td] [td]   Texas[/td] [td] 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 11[/td] [td] Luke Babbitt [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-9[/td] [td] 225[/td] [td] 06/20/1989[/td] [td]   Nevada-Reno[/td] [td] 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 40[/td] [td] Earl Barron [/td] [td] C-F [/td] [td] 7-0[/td] [td] 250[/td] [td] 08/14/1981[/td] [td]   Memphis[/td] [td] 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 88[/td] [td] Nicolas Batum [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-8[/td] [td] 200[/td] [td] 12/14/1988[/td] [td]   Lisieux, France[/td] [td] 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 23[/td] [td] Marcus Camby [/td] [td] C [/td] [td] 6-11[/td] [td] 235[/td] [td] 03/22/1974[/td] [td]   Massachusetts[/td] [td] 15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Raymond Felton [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-1[/td] [td] 205[/td] [td] 06/26/1984[/td] [td]   North Carolina[/td] [td] 6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 1[/td] [td] Armon Johnson [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-3[/td] [td] 195[/td] [td] 02/23/1989[/td] [td]   Nevada-Reno[/td] [td] 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 17[/td] [td] Chris Johnson [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-11[/td] [td] 210[/td] [td] 07/15/1985[/td] [td]   Louisiana State[/td] [td] 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2[/td] [td] Wesley Matthews [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-5[/td] [td] 220[/td] [td] 10/14/1986[/td] [td]   Marquette[/td] [td] 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 8[/td] [td] Patrick Mills (FA) [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-0[/td] [td] 185[/td] [td] 08/11/1988[/td] [td]   St. Mary's (CA)[/td] [td] 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Tanguy Ngombo [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-4[/td] [td] 204[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]  [/td] [td] R[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 52[/td] [td] Greg Oden (FA) [/td] [td] C [/td] [td] 7-0[/td] [td] 285[/td] [td] 01/22/1988[/td] [td]   Ohio State[/td] [td] 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 7[/td] [td] Brandon Roy [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-6[/td] [td] 211[/td] [td] 07/23/1984[/td] [td]   Washington[/td] [td] 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Nolan Smith [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-2[/td] [td] 185[/td] [td] 07/25/1988[/td] [td]   Duke[/td] [td] R[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 3[/td] [td] Gerald Wallace [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-7[/td] [td] 220[/td] [td] 07/23/1982[/td] [td]   Alabama[/td] [td] 10[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 9[/td] [td] Elliot Williams [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-5[/td] [td] 180[/td] [td] 06/20/1989[/td] [td]   Memphis[/td] [td] 1[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

There's still a few pieces you guys could work on but I think B-Roy was irreplaceable.

I'd love to see Batum have a breakout year.  This dude's potential is still high imo.

Just posted on that B-Roy retirement thread. I couldn't help but feel bad for Blazers fans. I was seeing this team (alongside with OKLA) to be contending for the Western Conference champs, but I guess that's short lived now.

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
Trail Blazers Roster
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td] [table][tr][td] 2011-12 Roster[/td][/tr][tr][td]NUM[/td][td]PLAYER[/td][td]POS[/td][td]HT[/td][td]WT[/td][td]DOB[/td][td]  FROM[/td][td]YRS[/td][/tr][tr][td] 12[/td] [td] LaMarcus Aldridge [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-11[/td] [td] 240[/td] [td] 07/19/1985[/td] [td]   Texas[/td] [td] 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 11[/td] [td] Luke Babbitt [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-9[/td] [td] 225[/td] [td] 06/20/1989[/td] [td]   Nevada-Reno[/td] [td] 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 40[/td] [td] Earl Barron [/td] [td] C-F [/td] [td] 7-0[/td] [td] 250[/td] [td] 08/14/1981[/td] [td]   Memphis[/td] [td] 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 88[/td] [td] Nicolas Batum [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-8[/td] [td] 200[/td] [td] 12/14/1988[/td] [td]   Lisieux, France[/td] [td] 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 23[/td] [td] Marcus Camby [/td] [td] C [/td] [td] 6-11[/td] [td] 235[/td] [td] 03/22/1974[/td] [td]   Massachusetts[/td] [td] 15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Raymond Felton [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-1[/td] [td] 205[/td] [td] 06/26/1984[/td] [td]   North Carolina[/td] [td] 6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 1[/td] [td] Armon Johnson [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-3[/td] [td] 195[/td] [td] 02/23/1989[/td] [td]   Nevada-Reno[/td] [td] 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 17[/td] [td] Chris Johnson [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-11[/td] [td] 210[/td] [td] 07/15/1985[/td] [td]   Louisiana State[/td] [td] 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2[/td] [td] Wesley Matthews [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-5[/td] [td] 220[/td] [td] 10/14/1986[/td] [td]   Marquette[/td] [td] 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 8[/td] [td] Patrick Mills (FA) [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-0[/td] [td] 185[/td] [td] 08/11/1988[/td] [td]   St. Mary's (CA)[/td] [td] 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Tanguy Ngombo [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-4[/td] [td] 204[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]  [/td] [td] R[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 52[/td] [td] Greg Oden (FA) [/td] [td] C [/td] [td] 7-0[/td] [td] 285[/td] [td] 01/22/1988[/td] [td]   Ohio State[/td] [td] 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 7[/td] [td] Brandon Roy [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-6[/td] [td] 211[/td] [td] 07/23/1984[/td] [td]   Washington[/td] [td] 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Nolan Smith [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-2[/td] [td] 185[/td] [td] 07/25/1988[/td] [td]   Duke[/td] [td] R[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 3[/td] [td] Gerald Wallace [/td] [td] F [/td] [td] 6-7[/td] [td] 220[/td] [td] 07/23/1982[/td] [td]   Alabama[/td] [td] 10[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 9[/td] [td] Elliot Williams [/td] [td] G [/td] [td] 6-5[/td] [td] 180[/td] [td] 06/20/1989[/td] [td]   Memphis[/td] [td] 1[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

There's still a few pieces you guys could work on but I think B-Roy was irreplaceable.

I'd love to see Batum have a breakout year.  This dude's potential is still high imo.

Very difficult to be a Blazers fan right now...things just keep happening! But I will stay positive and continue to stand by them. I still hate that we got rid of Pritchard and Bayless.

It's a sad day with Roy being done and I don't know how I feel about Felton yet, but I'm just happy LA and Batum are still here. I want to see what Elliot can do and I hear that Pryz wants to come back with money being a non-factor which is
pimp.gif

I really hope Nate makes Batum more involved in the offense this year without taking away from LA.

I still think we can have a good season but like some guys were saying, our bench is looking real thin which is my main concern. Other than that, let's gooooooo!!

Very difficult to be a Blazers fan right now...things just keep happening! But I will stay positive and continue to stand by them. I still hate that we got rid of Pritchard and Bayless.

It's a sad day with Roy being done and I don't know how I feel about Felton yet, but I'm just happy LA and Batum are still here. I want to see what Elliot can do and I hear that Pryz wants to come back with money being a non-factor which is
pimp.gif

I really hope Nate makes Batum more involved in the offense this year without taking away from LA.

I still think we can have a good season but like some guys were saying, our bench is looking real thin which is my main concern. Other than that, let's gooooooo!!

Man I am so tired of hearing about Batum and the potential he has. He hasn't delivered and the league is taking notice since it appears his trade value has dropped so much. Dude should have seriously been delt last season for something. I am so tired of this team placing their hope on dudes like Oden, Batum, Roy hoping things work out with them, and the draft picks the past few years have been absolutely horrible.

Man I am so tired of hearing about Batum and the potential he has. He hasn't delivered and the league is taking notice since it appears his trade value has dropped so much. Dude should have seriously been delt last season for something. I am so tired of this team placing their hope on dudes like Oden, Batum, Roy hoping things work out with them, and the draft picks the past few years have been absolutely horrible.

Can someone explain why the Blazers paid Oden 9 milli knowing he's gonna miss the whole season again?
Is it because they think he'll bounce back in time for the 2012-2013 season?

Can someone explain why the Blazers paid Oden 9 milli knowing he's gonna miss the whole season again?

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

He signed before it was found he had a setback. As of now they restructured it, but the details arent out yet. And it was a 1 year contract, so they weren't betting anything on next year.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

He signed before it was found he had a setback. As of now they restructured it, but the details arent out yet. And it was a 1 year contract, so they weren't betting anything on next year.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

He's versatile. I think he'll do just fine. Still young, beasted in Europe and developed a post game. I want to see how it translates over in the NBA.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

He's versatile. I think he'll do just fine. Still young, beasted in Europe and developed a post game. I want to see how it translates over in the NBA.

Bump for the start of the preseason. Team looked good tonight from what I saw. Cant wait to see how Crawford, Thomas and Smith mold into the team over the next few weeks.

Bump for the start of the preseason. Team looked good tonight from what I saw. Cant wait to see how Crawford, Thomas and Smith mold into the team over the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom