Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pair of summer shoes.

Last edited:
Rocked the black suede Hedi 30 Chelsea boots yesterday,

Today joining @echau with the Y3 triple whites

ANYONE WHO IS A SIZE 13, ACT FAST. A PAIR OF THE SAINT LAURENT HEDI 30 IN BLACK SUEDE UP ON NEIMAN MARCUS.
It looks like they don't have an additional 20% off anymore but $402 for a $895 boot is still a crazy steal...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-ca/S.../p.prod?ecid=NMAF__J84DHJLQkR4&CS_003=5630585
Us big foot boys don't rock those :lol:
If they were a size 8 would've been gone :lol:

Them things would and look ridiculous in a size 13, I know that

Being a 13, I've always been somewhat on the fence about rocking these type of shoes. I've always though kicks w/o laces make my feet look longer, so I can see @alps argument here. But it is all about personal choice and could be pulled off it done correctly.

Here's Marc Gasol rocking a pair of Mezlan Chelsea boots. They aren't SLP (not sure of his size, but I'd be surprised if they made these off the rack in his size). I personally don't like the look of these on him, but the look is far from terrible.

Last edited:
Being a 13, I've always been somewhat on the fence about rocking these type of shoes. I've always though kicks w/o laces make my feet look longer, so I can see @alps argument here. But it is all about personal choice and could be pulled off it done correctly.

Here's Marc Gasol rocking a pair of Mezlan Chelsea boots. They aren't SLP (not sure of his size, but I'd be surprised if they made these off the rack in his size). I personally don't like the look of these on him, but they aren't terrible.
Good point Miles but I still don't see ANYTHING wrong with those boots even with Mark Gasol being a big man NBA player. They look the same to me as any one wearing chelsea boots. If you're like 5'8 with size 13 feet, I could see length and proportion being an issue though...

Wait so this is really a thing? Got a big homie his shoe size gotta be at least 13. Saw me wearing my royals the other day and said he was jealous sneakers look so much better in smaller sizes. I was pretty confused :lol:

Good point Miles but I still don't see ANYTHING wrong with those boots even with Mark Gasol being a big man NBA player. They look the same to me as any one wearing chelsea boots. If you're like 5'8 with size 13 feet, I could see length and proportion being an issue though...
I agree, there's nothing wrong with the boots, the outfit...ehhh I'm tired of the distressed trend & those just don't like right on him.

I'm just not a fan of the boots.

I mean in theory you could pull it off but not everyone can in big sizes, shoes like uptempos and especially converse chuck taylors look terrible in 11 and up.

I mean in theory you could pull it off but not everyone can in big sizes, shoes like uptempos and especially converse chuck taylors look terrible in 11 and up.

I agree with you but I also feel it also depends on how lean/tall/athletic you are as well. Not to be discriminatory in any way but a lot of those kind of skinny jeans with skinny silhouette boots only look good if you're very in shape. Obviously bigger dudes can rock anything they want but I'll be more specific that the "brand vision" is for tall skinny or athletic dudes. Even dudes who are really fit with a lot of muscle mass but are still lean don't look that great in SLP.

I agree with you but I also feel it also depends on how lean/tall/athletic you are as well. Not to be discriminatory in any way but a lot of those kind of skinny jeans with skinny silhouette boots only look good if you're very in shape. Obviously bigger dudes can rock anything they want but I'll be more specific that the "brand vision" is for tall skinny or athletic dudes. Even dudes who are really fit with a lot of muscle mass but are still lean don't look that great in SLP.
Yup I'm learning that, certain body types look better in certain stuff, not everything fits everyone. I probably could freak those style of boots but it ain't my style, I'm a high end sneaker kind of guy who will throw some Gucci moccasins or other luxury loafer on from time to time

I'm wonderin if I should put a vibram on my SLP boots. I've already worn em about three or four times and the bottom is already very chewed up. Does the vibram have to be put on when the boots are brand new or does it not make a difference? I'm talking in terms of the sole already being damaged.

I'm wonderin if I should put a vibram on my SLP boots. I've already worn em about three or four times and the bottom is already very chewed up. Does the vibram have to be put on when the boots are brand new or does it not make a difference? I'm talking in terms of the sole already being damaged.
You can still put them on.

It's pretty much personal preference. It was discussed a few weeks ago that some in here (@echau if I remember correctly) said he doesn't really ever topy any of his SLP boots and has a decent rotation so certain pairs aren't getting totally beat like that. I also think that it doesn't matter that you wore them because a cobbler will sand them down to apply the rubber topy regardless. I've worn my SLP boots about two times as well but I was for sure going to topy them when I first got them but now I don't even really care that much. The nature of the leather sole gives you more flexibility in repairing them in the future.

Due to the cost of SLP boots though, I can see why so many are concerned with immediately topy'ing them. It will for sure extend the life of the sole without you having to re sole them for a lot longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom