Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sl10 high royals $267 size 11

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Saint-L...ements%3D&eItemId=prod197674184&cmCat=product

Last edited:
It's pretty much personal preference. It was discussed a few weeks ago that some in here (@echau if I remember correctly) said he doesn't really ever topy any of his SLP boots and has a decent rotation so certain pairs aren't getting totally beat like that. I also think that it doesn't matter that you wore them because a cobbler will sand them down to apply the rubber topy regardless. I've worn my SLP boots about two times as well but I was for sure going to topy them when I first got them but now I don't even really care that much. The nature of the leather sole gives you more flexibility in repairing them in the future.

Due to the cost of SLP boots though, I can see why so many are concerned with immediately topy'ing them. It will for sure extend the life of the sole without you having to re sole them for a lot longer.
I definitely don't get bent out of shape over my boots becoming beat up/ worn looking and actually feel it adds to the character of them. It's also a pair of shoes and the minute you wear them one time, there will be scuffs and scrapes all over the sides of the soles as well. A friend of mine wore his brand new pair of black leather harness wyatts and scuffed them really badly on a sidewalk curb. I felt it was only appropriate to laugh my *** off at him.

@Pinoy732 is right that you can apply them whenever. Even if you wore them for a year, there's no rule that says you have to apply a vibram before you wear them. I think people just assume that the sole becomes less damaged when you apply it before wearing it.

You should apply them before you completely wear through the leather sole. Rule of thumb--bring them to a cobbler when the sole gets worn down to the stitching.

I'm far more concerned about the uppers on my boots than the soles. I brush most of my suede boots after about one-two wears. I'm no expert but I think I've possibly fukced up some of my suede boots in the past due to improper maintenance (ie letting dirt and dust cake on and not applying a protectant spray). It pisses me off when the suede nap gets too hairy and the fibres look disheveled. I actually like the look of suede when its laying more flat versus a very nappy suede.

Maybe it's due to SLP having high quality suede as well but I baby my SLP boots because the suede seems delicate to me. I also have a weird complex where I don't mind beat up looking leather but I like to keep my suede shoes looking new/pristine.

fffffffffffffffffffffff wish i saw this sooner.

Got to monitor the thread more closely bro. Deals are posted on the regular.

Is there a specific brush I should be using to brush my suede boots or are all the generic ones fine? I've seen a lot of the tools that have the eraser on one side and a bristle brush on the other.

Got to monitor the thread more closely bro. Deals are posted on the regular.

Is there a specific brush I should be using to brush my suede boots or are all the generic ones fine? I've seen a lot of the tools that have the eraser on one side and a bristle brush on the other.
I don't use the suede eraser and brush very often, only when the suede gets dirty. I highly recommend Saphir products for both leather and suede. 

https://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care/shop-by-category/suede-nubuck.html

I don't use the suede eraser and brush very often, only when the suede gets dirty. I highly recommend Saphir products for both leather and suede. 

https://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care/shop-by-category/suede-nubuck.html
I also endorse the Saphir products and  actually treated my SLP harness boots with the "Super Invulner" protectant spray. I'll look into their accessories like brushes and other shoe care items as well because I've always wanted to build up a better shoe care collection to maintain all my shoes.

Last edited:
**** is nice. I wish they had a 39 every time I see those on NM for cheap it's always yall sizes. So I look out. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

**** is nice. I wish they had a 39 every time I see those on NM for cheap it's always yall sizes. So I look out. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]
The SLP chelsea boots or the royal SL10H? At one point when you first posted the NM sale for the chelsea boots, there was a size 6 (39) on there.

Last edited:
Didn't even noticed... I probably wasn't paying attention.
Ya a size 39 definitely came up on there and was sitting for about a day or two days before someone bought it. I've been following the link for the entire month and check to see if another of my size pops up. I need a size 10 (43).

I remember when they were first posted, there was so much debate on them being grey and people chiming in about grey boots sucking. Then now it seems like all the pairs people actually bought were only black suede...

Last edited:
I actually didn't buy both pairs in the same size. I'm a 9.5 in mostly all shoes and bought the first pair in a 42. This second pair was a 41 and I bought it regardless because I didn't think there would be a huge difference. There's so much about SLP boots being true to size (which I agree with) but these 41 fit my 9.5 feet fine. Maybe slightly snug width wise but I'm also sure the suede will give ever so slightly with wear. There's really no issue whatsoever lengthwise and they actually are quite long. They're the same length or longer than pretty much every 9.5-10 sneaker I compare them to. When the 41 break in, they may very well be more comfortable on my feet than the 42s.

Last edited:
I actually didn't buy both pairs in the same size. I'm a 9.5 in mostly all shoes and bought the first pair in a 42. This second pair was a 41 and I bought it regardless because I didn't think there would be a huge difference. There's so much about SLP boots being true to size (which I agree with) but these 41 fit my 9.5 feet fine. Maybe slightly snug width wise but I'm also sure the suede will give ever so slightly with wear. There's really no issue whatsoever lengthwise and they actually are quite long. They're the same length or longer than pretty much every 9.5-10 sneaker I compare them to. When the 41 break in, they may very well be more comfortable on my feet than the 42s.
You must have narrow feet then. I could second that length wise theres not a huge difference in terms of that, but the width on one full size wouldn't allow me to comfortably rock a size down on them. They definitely are far more TTS than like Bottegas or CPs. Both those you can size a full size down but SLP is a risk imo.

So got the Arenas and the SLP's in hand.

Man kinda wish I didn't cause it's so hard to pick one. F! Each one has its unique features that make me want them both but for different reasons.. :rolleyes

Been trying them on with diff pants and fits for like an hour... I'm gonna need to sleep on this! |I

The only thing I'm not a fan of with the Arenas is the way they look from the top down.. SLP's are a b** to put on.. glad I have a shoe horn handy so I dont step on the leather..

Definitely good quality construction on the SLPs and the creased/wrinkled leather and cream/white color on the Arenas is :smokin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom