Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had SEF before diving into SLP.

Had a dude tell me they were he same quality.

Absolutely incorrect. Don't get me wrong I still rock my grey and tan SEF Chelseas but the SLP joints are legit flawless

I got SLP and Sef. Quality ain't bad on the SEF at all. SLP is definitely much better quality though. May end up copping the harness boot over the summer or so.

May end up copping the harness boot over the summer or so.
I hope you are able to do so. Word on the street is the current season is the last for them. All the boots were taken out of the permanent collection meaning they will no longer be made. Hoping this isn't true.

I got SLP and Sef. Quality ain't bad on the SEF at all. SLP is definitely much better quality though. May end up copping the harness boot over the summer or so.

I'm on the fence. I'll cop if u cop lol

I'm on the fence. I'll cop if u cop lol
Currently aiming for the Princeton loafers with the fur. Got two job offers recently and currently waiting to be interviewed for another . If I get the latter, definitely going to cop the Harness boot come early summer.

Last edited:
Currently aiming for the Princeton loafers with the fur. Got two job offers recently and currently waiting to be interviewed for another . If I get the latter, definitely going to cop the Harness boot come early summer.
you got the job....for some reason, i believe you gonna get the one that you want

bla·tant

ˈblātnt/

adjective

1. (of bad behavior) done openly and unashamedly.

Why Margiela, why? 

Best Slides for the money? dont want those gucci joints 
Adidas- made in italy. Dont waste your money. 
tongue.gif

Last edited:

Leather sole.

Hey I hear you, which is why I noted you'd be better off with SLP at retail (I didn't pay retail for my pair, nor could I really condone it).  But IIRC, even early in the Hedi-era some of the SLP boots were cemented construction.  People all day long pay huge bucks in this very thread for sneakers made in the same manner.

Made in Portugal I know matters to some people, though honestly to me that should have little to do with it.  That's basically saying you are ok with paying more for something for the sole reason that you think the manufacture paid more in making it.  Plenty of high end items are made outside Italy these days, with just as good (and in some cases) better quality.  I've seen plenty of crappy items 'made in Italy' and plenty of awesome things 'made in China'.  But I do get that some want to make a politcal/national statement by avoiding made in China.

Story Et Fall isn't a bad option if you are looking for an SLP knockoff, but I personally can't recommend buying something that is clearly a counterfeit item (much as you may have trouble paying a lot for something that isn't made in Italy).  The only reason in the end I really liked the Lanvin was again, by far they are the most comfortable boot I've owned.  As I get older I realize fit matters much more to me than it used to, and I have little patience for ill-fitting shoes.
I can definitely see where your coming from and if you paid far under $795, I wouldn't have any issue with that. Just was speaking personally about if I would buy those and didn't mean any ill intent or attempt to make you have buyer's remorse. It's not "always" true but Portugal has been becoming the "China of Europe" in terms of cheaper manufacturing which also goes with cheaper construction and materials. Will I sit here and say that very nice items are not made in China? No because that's ridiculous. I'm fully aware luxury items can be produced anywhere, and it's mentioned a lot in here that no pair of these shoes justify the price tags, so you're right in that sense as well. Maybe SLP boots were fully glued at one point as well and during that time, I wouldn't purchase any of them. I also think it's a bit of a stretch to call Story Et Fall a "SLP knockoff". I think it's more fair to just call them a boot company that was inspired by the likes of SLP. Just because someone is producing similar designs when the market is asking for a cheaper alternative doesn't make them knock offs. If they were producing identical items and stamping SLP all over them then that would be a counterfeit imo. I don't even own any SEF boots but browsing this thread, there was HUGE respect and nods given at the quality and construction of them especially for the price point.

Last edited:
Looking for a pair of black boots. Does anyone own the Lanvin Chelsea?

Late to the game on this response but I do own the Lanvin Chelsea and can highly recommend them.  While at $795 you'd prolly be better off getting SLP as noted by others, I will say they are the most comfortable boot I've ever owned.  If you see them on sale I'd say give them a try.

The Good;

Good shape/style, classic black chelsea, smaller heel makes them more versatile than SLP IMO, depends on what you're after.
Good leather
Fantastic fit/comfort (for me at least, I went true to size)

The Bad;

Made in Portugal (if that matters to you, to me it doesn't but to many it does)
Construction (while they use quality leather and materials, they seem to be glued/cemented, not blake stitched as SLPs).  As such you probably won't be able to resole these down the line.

Wearing them today actually;

Thanks for the post. They look great in the pic. I'm disappointed they're cemented, but I'll just have to topy them. Made in Portugal isn't really an issue with me as Made in Italy doesn't necessarily mean quality nowadays. I'd choose a Lanvin Made in Portugal sneaker over the majority of designer Made in Italy sneakers any day. While dude above said Portugal may be the "China of Europe," some Italian manufacturing is quite literally "China IN Europe." Italy is rampant with illegal Chinese laborers and Chinese manufacturing but simply "finishing" items in Italy for the tag.

Anyways, I picked up the boot for $300 but haven't had a chance to pick them up yet. Do they fit similar to Lanvin sneakers?

I can definitely see where your coming from and if you paid far under $795, I wouldn't have any issue with that. Just was speaking personally about if I would buy those and didn't mean any ill intent or attempt to make you have buyer's remorse. It's not "always" true but Portugal has been becoming the "China of Europe" in terms of cheaper manufacturing which also goes with cheaper construction and materials. Will I sit here and say that very nice items are not made in China? No because that's ridiculous. I'm fully aware luxury items can be produced anywhere, and it's mentioned a lot in here that no pair of these shoes justify the price tags, so you're right in that sense as well. Maybe SLP boots were fully glued at one point as well and during that time, I wouldn't purchase any of them. I also think it's a bit of a stretch to call Story Et Fall a "SLP knockoff". I think it's more fair to just call them a boot company that was inspired by the likes of SLP. Just because someone is producing similar designs when the market is asking for a cheaper alternative doesn't make them knock offs. If they were producing identical items and stamping SLP all over them then that would be a counterfeit imo. I don't even own any SEF boots but browsing this thread, there was HUGE respect and nods given at the quality and construction of them especially for the price point.
I concur. Previous dudes post came off as elitist. Basically saying if you can't afford SLP don't rock Chelseas\Jodphurs.

Last edited:
I concur. Previous dudes post came off as elitist. Basically saying if you can't afford SLP don't rock Chelseas\Jodphurs.

Sorry, wasn't trying to say that, in actuality I was confusing Story Et Fall with true (blatant) SLP copy in Puerhomme (Mondays will do that to me).  I have no problem with people trying to find ways to rock the SLP aesthetic for less.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. They look great in the pic. I'm disappointed they're cemented, but I'll just have to topy them. Made in Portugal isn't really an issue with me as Made in Italy doesn't necessarily mean quality nowadays. I'd choose a Lanvin Made in Portugal sneaker over the majority of designer Made in Italy sneakers any day. While dude above said Portugal may be the "China of Europe," some Italian manufacturing is quite literally "China IN Europe." Italy is rampant with illegal Chinese laborers and Chinese manufacturing but simply "finishing" items in Italy for the tag.

Anyways, I picked up the boot for $300 but haven't had a chance to pick them up yet. Do they fit similar to Lanvin sneakers?
Unfortunately I've never owned any Lanvin sneakers so I can't really compare them.  I'm a 43 in most 'dress' shoes, and is what I sized in the Lanvin.  I can describe them as true to size and somewhat narrow.  If in between sizes I would definitely recommend sizing up as opposed to down, you can always add an insole if necessary.

Sorry in actuality I was confusing Story Et Fall with the blatant SLP copy from Puerhomme.  I have no problem with people trying to rock the SLP aesthetic for less.

May end up copping the harness boot over the summer or so.
you can find harnesses for around 700-800 now if you keep an eye out and be patient. 

a lot of people just ride the wave and they are selling their slp's for cheap now. 

you can find harnesses for around 700-800 now if you keep an eye out and be patient. 
a lot of people just ride the wave and they are selling their slp's for cheap now. 
Will do thanks. I'm probably gonna cop the harness off of grailed and then cop the orange/red suede Jdophur off of saks. Hoping another 30% code comes along from Saks before end of June so I can combine it with my gift card.

Debating on having the SLP plug get harness for the 40% off or just cop some visvims for retail on their site.

Ughhhhhh those murdered out leather joints are fuego

Debating on having the SLP plug get harness for the 40% off or just cop some visvims for retail on their site.

win/win imo..

visvim fbt folk in the caramel brown elk leather are my favorite pair of sneakers. 

worn over 50 times and feel better and better. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom