Post samples you didn't have any idea about. Vol. Jay-Z

I just realized that The Takeover was a sample of The Doors-Five to One. My mind =
eek.gif

Post samples you had no idea were samples.

Thats why yall need to start buying albums I love finding out the original samples and seeing what the producer did to the sample if anything.

Wikipedia "Ready to Die" Check out every song. They have all the samples. It's actually kind of impressive, especially the intro.

My dude 'Ye be biting WAY too much +%%%. He is one of my favorites but dude would honestly be lost without something to sample 1/2 the time (yes, you canargue he does it better than anyone), but c'mon...just look @ the vids.
laugh.gif

I just realized that The Takeover was a sample of The Doors-Five to One. My mind = .

roll.gif

I can see if the beat was switched or something but "Takeover" is just a loop of "Five To One". Wow.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I just realized that The Takeover was a sample of The Doors-Five to One. My mind = .

roll.gif

I can see if the beat was switched or something but "Takeover" is just a loop of "Five To One". Wow.

And 'Ye "made" it.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
(which further proves my point).

YO!
Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I just realized that The Takeover was a sample of The Doors-Five to One. My mind =
eek.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Truth.

But "So Fresh, So Clean" kinda had me like
eek.gif

DF!!!

anyone know what songs are at 4:42 and 7:46 of the kanye video? also did the full song of bittersweet ever release or was that like making of video all thatever leaked out?

it's a little known fact that cassidy's "i'm a hustler homie" sampled jay-z.

Aaliyah - "More Than A Woman" sampled "Aloly Ensi"
Ludacris - "Rollout" sampled "Yay Boy"
Nelly - "Hot In Herre" sampled "Bustin Loose" Oh and that new Nas joint "Film" samples Ultra Nate "Free"

lol, I was stuck on the first page for about an hour or so going through each song, back and forth to youtube as well.

I was about to post whosampled.com when la and behold it's there above me. I stumbled upon it just now though.

The craziest sample i've ever heard is Mass Appeal. How Premo flipped that tiny part into a whole beat astonishes me

I think Three Six owns the sample game tho'. I was listening to a Gangsta Boo album awhile back (don't ask me why), and there was a song that sampledthe atmosphere music from Metal Gear Solid. I only know that because I played that game religiously.

Back
Top Bottom