Post Your Bicycle vol. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike

Guys pretending to be this man.
I know its something to strive for but when you have a huge gut, cmon now.

lance_armstrong_7.jpg

this is should be here by friday, should be riding by saturday
pimp.gif

ktblk_600.jpg

yo bana what size is that 50cm?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

any sites you guys recommend for bmx bikes? I needs schooling

btw, theres already 2 big threads on this
For buying I'd say danscomp.com and for info or whatever there's a few forums thecomeupbmx.net being my favorite it's like the NT of BMXing
laugh.gif
and there's bmx-forum.com.

Another question is it better to have someone professionally paint your bike or just do it yourself? If so what type of paint is good for that?

Its almost always better to have your bike professionally painted but it's definitely possible to do it yourself.
My friend and I painted his bike, its a tedious process but if you do it right it'll look good AND only cost a fraction of what you would've paid for it professionally.

Paintstripper -> sand/primer -> 1 - 3 coats -> wetsand -> more coats.

We used automotive paint that you can find at any auto/body shop.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

why u stonefacing dude? he's asking for recommendations..

my bad, i took it as "cheap dirt/street bikes?" is what this thread is about.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by freshhh

i dont get why people hate so much on fixed gears.

because its a fad for some people, and its easy to poke at fads. Its also easy to overlook the diehards that have been riding like that for years and the people that have used fixed gears to train on their cadence and pedaling technique.

not hating but some of you drive weird looking bikes and im a bike noob so whats a fix gear?

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

not hating but some of you drive weird looking bikes and im a bike noob so whats a fix gear?

wiki defi

A fixed-gear bicycle (or fixed-wheel bicycle) is a bicycle that has no freewheel, meaning it cannot coast — the pedals are always in motion when the bicycle is moving. The sprocket is screwed directly onto the hub. When the rear wheel turns, the pedals turn in the same direction.[1] This allows a cyclist to stop without using a brake, by resisting the rotation of the cranks, and also to ride in reverse. Often, the main purpose of a fixed gear bike is fashion as they have grown to become somewhat of a fashion craze in such cities as San Francisco and London.

Track cycling in a velodrome has always used fixed-gear track bikes, but fixed-gear bicycles are now again used on the road,[2] a trend generally seen as being led by bicycle messengers and Hipsters.[3]

Back
Top Bottom