\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Car noob here. I'm getting a new car in the near future and would like some help on what car would fit my needs/wants.

Needs/wants:

- stick (don't know how to drive one yet, but can learn from friends)

- 4 door (would like a 2 door, but mom won't allow cause of insurance)

- sedan

- good mpg

- daily driver (going to drive it till it dies)

- fast/sporty(?)

- affordable

- easy to mod/find parts to mod (this is probably 1 of the most important things that I want to do to my car. Don't know how to mod, but would like to learn.)

- has to be new

- no Toyotas

I was first wanting an Accord, but now leaning towards a Civic SI cause I heard they have a lot of parts to easily mod but still don't know...any car suggestions?

It doesn't look unsafe really. But why would the outer edge of your tire be getting chewed up from lowering? That's supposed to happen to the inside. I'd look into adjusting your camber then get some new tires once that's solved.

Car noob here. I'm getting a new car in the near future and would like some help on what car would fit my needs/wants.

Needs/wants:
- sedan
- good mpg
- fast/sporty(?)
- affordable
- easy to mod/find parts to mod (this is probably 1 of the most important things that I want to do to my car. Don't know how to mod, but would like to learn.)
- has to be new
- no Toyotas

I was first wanting an Accord, but now leaning towards a Civic SI cause I heard they have a lot of parts to easily mod but still don't know...any car suggestions?
Define affordable

Needs/wants:

- sedan

- good mpg

- fast/sporty(?)

- affordable

- has to be new

- no Toyotas

Spend the $3K extra and get a WRX.

Yeah wrx. But insurance is going to tax harder than a coupe. Doors don't mean anything man. My insurance doubled going from a gti to a 4runner.

Needs/wants:
- sedan
- good mpg
- fast/sporty(?)
- affordable
- has to be new
- no Toyotas

Define affordable

This

What can you afford to pay for a car?

accord and civic give me a range of 20k to say 30k so ill work off that and you can narrow it down

VW Gli
Subaru WRX (You will be able to get a base model)

If you will drive a hatchback
Ford Focus or Fiesta
VW GTI

Those are just off the top of my head. If you consider getting something slightly used it opens up a lot more options for you.

Nothing wrong with getting something a few years old. you can find a 2010 si or something with very low miles

Anyone know why my tire would look like this? Its lowered on an 08 Si coupe, got an alignment a couple weeks after the drop. Is this safe?

Damn man, looks like a beaver went to town on your tire! Does the other side look the same? It doesn't really look like camber wear, more like either something was rubbing on it, or maybe a weird tire defect where the rubber is crumbling off?!

I wouldn't be that concerned driving on it as it is now, but definitely keep an eye on it and if it gets much worse then look into getting a new tire.

Last edited:
Cause its a new vehicle the mass population has never seen? Hell I never seen one and im in NYC. Doesnt take a rocket scientist or someone with a degree to figure that out. :lol: cmon son.

Affordable for me is between $20k-$25k.

If the thing about insurance not affecting the amount of doors on a car, I'll get a 2 door. But I'll have to make sure with my insurance company.

Sounds like most people are saying WRX so I'll look into one.

If I can also convince my mom that buying a used car that's only a couple years old with low mileage is okay, then what other options would open up?

Appreciate all the responses. Repping.

You were downplaying his whip man. We made it clear he was getting stares cause its brand new, never seen. Doesnt mean it isnt nice. Cookie cutter is subjective but its a nice looking car in and out. Hope all cookie cutters have that charging pad.

Wrx new wont fall under 25 but you can get a slightly used one.

Your mom seems to be concerned with having a warranty which is a valid concern. Certified pre owned is what you want to sell to her so she understands you are getting a car with a warranty but a "better deal" because the first person ate the new car depreciation.

Last edited:
Civic Si sedan would be cool but you would "outgrow" one quick. Still a very solid car, I would recommend since I have a coupe (08). If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Wrx new wont fall under 25 but you can get a slightly used one.

Your mom seems to be concerned with having a warranty which is a valid concern. Certified pre owned is what you want to sell to her so she understands you are getting a car with a warranty but a "better deal" because the first person ate the new car depreciation.
Yea, she feels as if all used cars will come with problems and I'll eventually pay more in repairs than the actual car itself. I'll ask it that way. Thanks.
Civic Si sedan would be cool but you would "outgrow" one quick. Still a very solid car, I would recommend since I have a coupe (08). If you have any questions feel free to ask.
"Outgrow' as in I'll get bored of it quickly? Also, have you had any problems with it since purchasing the car or did you just have to take care of the basics such as oil changes, tire rotations, wheel alignments, etc.? I heard Honda is also a reliable brand so that was 1 reason of me picking cars from them.

Also, does "low milage" mean <30,000 miles?

Last edited:
Pretty solid. Nothing major. I have thst tire problem I posted the last page but my car is dropped. Also whenever I turn my wheel extensively (u-turn for example) my car will show signs of turning off. The radio will go out for a sex but turn right back on. I'll lose steering for a half second and itll go on. Its a common-ish problem ive yet to diagnose but others have it. Solid choice though other than that.

My buddy got one for $8k (sedan) and likes it a lot. Kinda wish I got the sedan too.

Needs/wants:
- sedan
- good mpg
- fast/sporty(?)
- affordable
- has to be new
- no Toyotas

Define affordable

This

What can you afford to pay for a car?

accord and civic give me a range of 20k to say 30k so ill work off that and you can narrow it down

VW Gli
Subaru WRX (You will be able to get a base model)

If you will drive a hatchback
Ford Focus or Fiesta
VW GTI

Those are just off the top of my head. If you consider getting something slightly used it opens up a lot more options for you.

cosign all these choices. although id go focus ST instead of regular. its quick, but not as expensive as a WRX. FWD, easy clutch. GTI is a solid option too.

Narrowed my options down to the WRX (used/older model) and Civic Si Sedan (leaning towards WRX atm though). BUT, if I can get a used 370z (my dream car), I might consider it.

Not a fan of hatchbacks, although the Focus ST does look nice. 

If you live where it snows the wrx is a no brainer. If not civic might have the edge on reliability but not by a ton.

Back
Top Bottom