\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Car noob here. I'm getting a new car in the near future and would like some help on what car would fit my needs/wants.

Needs/wants:
- stick (don't know how to drive one yet, but can learn from friends)
- 4 door (would like a 2 door, but mom won't allow cause of insurance)
- sedan
- good mpg
- daily driver (going to drive it till it dies)
- fast/sporty(?)
- affordable
- easy to mod/find parts to mod (this is probably 1 of the most important things that I want to do to my car. Don't know how to mod, but would like to learn.)
- has to be new
- no Toyotas

I was first wanting an Accord, but now leaning towards a Civic SI cause I heard they have a lot of parts to easily mod but still don't know...any car suggestions?
Narrowed my options down to the WRX (used/older model) and Civic Si Sedan (leaning towards WRX atm though). BUT, if I can get a used 370z (my dream car), I might consider it.

Not a fan of hatchbacks, although the Focus ST does look nice. 
Can i ask why bass model mustang camaros and chargers not an option? They make 300hp and theyre still a v6 so you can call if gas efficient and look beter than them wrx corollas

Can i ask why bass model mustang camaros and chargers not an option? 
Bass model?

28736d1342591838-what-size-subwoofers-box-can-i-put-my-trunk-2002-imag0177-1.jpg

Can i ask why bass model mustang camaros and chargers not an option? They make 300hp and theyre still a v6 so you can call if gas efficient and look beter than them wrx corollas
I assumed 2 door would increase my insurance so that is why I stuck to "sedans/4 door". But if that is false and it depends on the insurance company, then I'm all ears for other car options. Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, etc. I'm just trying to see the best value I can get with my budget and needs.

Last edited:
Ice sucks for everyone so awd doesn't really matter. Just test drive a bunch of cars man. Make a list and try them all.

I assumed 2 door would increase my insurance so that is why I stuck to "sedans/4 door". But if that is false and it depends on the insurance company, then I'm all ears for other car options. Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, etc. I'm just trying to see the best value I can get with my budget and needs.
If size isn't an option, you might want to look into a Honda S2000 with low miles or even the new Miata.  Both are dependable, good on gas, sporty, moddable, and within your price range.  Insurance shouldn't be too terrible either.

Last edited:
^ Mazdaspeed 6 might be worth looking into if you're considering an old WRX

I just recently found out these cars were awd. If I honestly knew they were 6-sp turbo awd I would of highly considered it before I bought my current car. Finding one local and in good condition though is tough.

If size isn't an option, you might want to look into a Honda S2000 with low miles or even the new Miata.  Both are dependable, good on gas, sporty, moddable, and within your price range.  Insurance shouldn't be too terrible either.
Will look into this as well. Thanks. I ran out of reps but will rep once I can.

How do you guys choose the best tires for your car? My rear right tire popped going over a deep hole today. And both front tyres look like they're going need replacing real soon. So I might as well replace all 4 since they're not all from the same brand. :lol: 0]
quoting myself again since I got ignored the first time

How do you guys choose the best tires for your car? My rear right tire popped going over a deep hole today. And both front tyres look like they're going need replacing real soon. So I might as well replace all 4 since they're not all from the same brand. :lol: 0]
go to a website and search reviews b.

Depends on your budget, if you want
2 nice summer/winter sets, or just an all-season for regular commuting, etc.

Really comes down to what you want out of the tire, and what your budget is. Sometimes also if you want it to sit a certain way on your wheel.
don't really have a budget
there's only one season here in S. Florida, but it does tend to rain a lot
my car is also on springs, so it sits kinda low

go to a website and search reviews b.
looking thru tire rack right now

don't really have a budget
there's only one season here in S. Florida, but it does tend to rain a lot
my car is also on springs, so it sits kinda low
looking thru tire rack right now

Might want a good set of summer tires. They tend to perform better in the rain as well once warmed up vs all-seasons

Don't spend good money on tires with a dropped car unless your camber is adjusted. Either way falken is good for the money.

I'd get a slightly used WRX, basic bolt-ons, a tune and cop some nice tires.

Get a hatch
smokin.gif

Edit: Just noticed you wanted 4 doors. Cop da sedan.
Truth. 

Copping a stang or camaro in a V6 is hustling backwards. 

Last edited:
What kind of car? If it's a sports car, sure, go for a nice set of summers, and a set of winters. If it's a Corolla, just get a nice set of all seasons that got decent reviews and aren't too expensive.

Affordable for me is between $20k-$25k.

If the thing about insurance not affecting the amount of doors on a car, I'll get a 2 door. But I'll have to make sure with my insurance company.

Sounds like most people are saying WRX so I'll look into one.

If I can also convince my mom that buying a used car that's only a couple years old with low mileage is okay, then what other options would open up?

Appreciate all the responses. Repping.
I assume you young and for us younger drivers insurance is just higher. No way to get around it besides not complicating it more with accidents and delinquent credit.

Your in Texas, hmu and I can connect you with some people on the insurance piece.

Dude looking for tires also check out treaddepot. If I was you I'd sign up on a forum specific to your car and look up what vendors they have. They're always willing to give deals to members.

I assume you young and for us younger drivers insurance is just higher. No way to get around it besides not complicating it more with accidents and delinquent credit.

Your in Texas, hmu and I can connect you with some people on the insurance piece.
I recently renewed my insurance but will hit you up once it expires. Appreciate it.

I'm in Houston, this applies to me also fam?

lol

Back
Top Bottom