\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Cleanest GT40 I've personally seen

Narrowed my options down to the WRX (used/older model) and Civic Si Sedan (leaning towards WRX atm though). BUT, if I can get a used 370z (my dream car), I might consider it.

Not a fan of hatchbacks, although the Focus ST does look nice. 

If you even have the option between a Si and a WRX, without paying for them, then :smh: at even thinking about it. The WRX is apples and oranges compared to the Si in my opinion, in terms of fun! I own a WRX, so I'm biased though 8)

The WRX is turbocharged and super mod friendly, for under $500 you can seriously mod it into a car that feels night and day from stock (downpipe + tune). You can get an opensource tune for free and a used downpipe for cheap. Seriously, you will fall in love with the WRX. The Si is a reliable machine with good gas though..

Last edited:
If you even have the option between a Si and a WRX, without paying for them, then :smh: at even thinking about it. The WRX is apples and oranges compared to the Si in my opinion, in terms of fun! I own a WRX, so I'm biased though 8)

The WRX is turbocharged and super mod friendly, for under $500 you can seriously mod it into a car that feels night and day from stock (downpipe + tune). You can get an opensource tune for free and a used downpipe for cheap. Seriously, you will fall in love with the WRX. The Si is a reliable machine with good gas though..
a little biased? There are tons of aftermarket parts for both with strong supporters behind both. It all depends on preffrence and needs
and both are mod friendly

Last edited:
Any turbo is more mod friendly. Of course a car head would get a wrx. But he seems to just want a good car so I'd say si for that. It's not like the si sucks. It will just never be fast.

Civic Si sedan would be cool but you would "outgrow" one quick. Still a very solid car, I would recommend since I have a coupe (08). If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Yea, she feels as if all used cars will come with problems and I'll eventually pay more in repairs than the actual car itself. I'll ask it that way. Thanks.

"Outgrow' as in I'll get bored of it quickly? Also, have you had any problems with it since purchasing the car or did you just have to take care of the basics such as oil changes, tire rotations, wheel alignments, etc.? I heard Honda is also a reliable brand so that was 1 reason of me picking cars from them.

Also, does "low milage" mean

Last edited:
Yeah I can agree. For a FWD econobox it handles pretty nicely. I love mine dont get me wrong, I just have to work it hard to get some spirited driving out of it.

How do you guys choose the best tires for your car? My rear right tire popped going over a deep hole today. And both front tyres look like they're going need replacing real soon. So I might as well replace all 4 since they're not all from the same brand. :lol: 0]
quoting myself again since I got ignored the first time

Depends on your budget, if you want
2 nice summer/winter sets, or just an all-season for regular commuting, etc.

Really comes down to what you want out of the tire, and what your budget is. Sometimes also if you want it to sit a certain way on your wheel.
don't really have a budget
there's only one season here in S. Florida, but it does tend to rain a lot
my car is also on springs, so it sits kinda low

Michelin Pilot super sport or PS2's summer tires and call it a day.

Tirerack.com

this. ey @WhatCanISay what is your winter setup?

We got rid of the Highlander(had it for 6 years) & Range Rover(suspension issues) so now we just have the BMW 328i & Jeep Overland. Don't mind the junky garage, we closed on the home just a few months back.
I know this is old but did the EAS on the range get to be too much for you?

I see a lot of LR3s (that are probably reaching that 100k mile lifespan of the front struts) that are leaking air from the front and riding like they slammed it :lol: . A lot of people think the struts are supposed to last the life of the car, but they have to be replaced. and if they aren't replaced then you'll have compressor issues, but that's another story :lol:

You could've converted to regular springs though

If you even have the option between a Si and a WRX, without paying for them, then
mean.gif
at even thinking about it. The WRX is apples and oranges compared to the Si in my opinion, in terms of fun! I own a WRX, so I'm biased though
glasses.gif

Man...I ain't paying for it, but I'm not trying to blow my mom's hard-earned cash either. My dad passed away when I was 7 so her taking care of 3 kids is rough and I'm just trying to save as much money for her as possible. But if money was out of the question, you best believe I'm picking the WRX over the SI 
laugh.gif

I'll probably be getting the car in 6 months or so, so I've got some time to think about it and research. Would definitely want an WRX (hatchback version actually looks nice ever since I looked up pictures all last night
laugh.gif
) and am going to try to find a good deal on one. But if not, and I end up getting an SI, I won't be mad.

Man...I ain't paying for it, but I'm not trying to blow my mom's hard-earned cash either. My dad passed away when I was 7 so her taking care of 3 kids is rough and I'm just trying to save as much money for her as possible. But if money was out of the question, you best believe I'm picking the WRX over the SI :lol: .

I'll probably be getting the car in 6 months or so, so I've got some time to think about it and research. Would definitely want an WRX (hatchback version actually looks nice ever since I looked up pictures all last night :lol: ) and am going to try to find a good deal on one. But if not, and I end up getting an SI, I won't be mad.
if you really didnt wanna blow her hard earned cash you get a 2000 ish civic til you can afford something nicier. Call it motivation to upgrade

if you really didnt wanna blow her hard earned cash you get a 2000 ish civic til you can afford something nicier. Call it motivation to upgrade

See i would be down for that and that's what I wanted when I first wanted a car but my mom doesn't trust older cars (like I've mentioned before). Here's my situation right now. I'm driving a 2011 sentra at the moment and was going to drive it till I graduated (graduating next year) and got a job so I could trade it in and buy an IS in the future. My brother who's in hs (getting his license soon) was going to get a new car but made a deal with my mom saying that he would take my car, I would get a new one, and after he graduated from college, I would pay 1/3 to 1/2 of his car of choice. So, I want a nice car that isn't too expensive (but has all my needs/wants) as I'll be riding it till it dies and won't be trading it in for anything else.

Last edited:
let him live fam

his mother want to but him a nice whip.

nothing wrong with that.

his mom can obviously afford to pay for his whip in cash.

go head and shine in that wrx b

M4 is ridiculous in person. Seen 2 gold ones in NYC, disgustingly amazing. Seen a shorty driving a white one too. Such amazing lines on that thang.

You'll be happy with an Si sedan. Get a cheap one and use it as motivation.

Not a fan of the M4's looks. mainly the gaudy bumpers. 

anyway while we're on the M4 subject did you guys see the new laser technology they are going to be coming with next year? pretty crazy

^ that was quite the presentation.  their laser technology seems to have taken a big step forward from the i8.  cool stuff.

See i would be down for that and that's what I wanted when I first wanted a car but my mom doesn't trust older cars (like I've mentioned before). Here's my situation right now. I'm driving a 2011 sentra at the moment and was going to drive it till I graduated (graduating next year) and got a job so I could trade it in and buy an IS in the future. My brother who's in hs (getting his license soon) was going to get a new car but made a deal with my mom saying that he would take my car, I would get a new one, and after he graduated from college, I would pay 1/3 to 1/2 of his car of choice. So, I want a nice car that isn't too expensive (but has all my needs/wants) as I'll be riding it till it dies and won't be trading it in for anything else.
Eh wrong this is the part were you tell me to **** off and not to worry about another mans situation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom