\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I remember when I had my first Jetta, I just removed the airbox and stuck a filter at the end of the hose :lol:

Definitely made it sound better :smokin
Not sure if it was a good decision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My parents never let me touch my cars as far as mods :smh:

Ebay special intake on my integra

Sounded great no regrets :smokin

A lot of "cold air intakes" aren't actual cold air intakes, because the filter is still in the engine Bay, where it's warm. If you're gonna get one, you want to make sure the filter is outside the engine Bay, for example in the fender well, where it can pull the coldest air.

Depending on the vehicle, a lot of the time a tune will be required to get the most out of the intake power wise. As well, a lot of the time your vehicle will be running lean (not enough fuel) if you're running an intake without a tune, due to the additional air you're pulling in.

Having said all that, on most vehicles, an intake isn't gonna get you a lot of power (like 5 -10 hp) and the additional hp you may get could be so far up the rpm range that it isn't very usable. Intakes can be a waste of money as far as the dollars to hp gained ratio, depending on the vehicle. Always look on vehicle specific forums to see the gains, if any. They do sound cool though, and you can tell your buddies your car makes MOAR POWA :lol:

Last edited:
i rather put the money towards something that will really up ur horsepower withmore air added like a new intake manifold.

i rather put the money towards something that will really up ur horsepower withmore air added like a new intake manifold.
Yea, it all really depends on the car, some respond well to intakes, some don't at all. Some respond well to exhaust, some already have good flowing exhaust from the factory.

If you compare mods from a dollar per hp gained viewpoint, it makes choosing them easier, and more cost effective. Knowing where on the curve you'll be making additional power is also very helpful. If your gains are only gonna come on at 5K+ rpm, then they aren't very useful in day to day driving, you won't notice them (though you might convince yourself it feels faster in your head :lol:).

Last edited:
A lot of "cold air intakes" aren't actual cold air intakes, because the filter is still in the engine Bay, where it's warm. If you're gonna get one, you want to make sure the filter is outside the engine Bay, for example in the fender well, where it can pull the coldest air.

Depending on the vehicle, a lot of the time a tune will be required to get the most out of the intake power wise. As well, a lot of the time your vehicle will be running lean (not enough fuel) if you're running an intake without a tune, due to the additional air you're pulling in.

Having said all that, on most vehicles, an intake isn't gonna get you a lot of power (like 5 -10 hp) and the additional hp you may get could be so far up the rpm range that it isn't very usable. Intakes can be a waste of money as far as the dollars to hp gained ratio, depending on the vehicle. Always look on vehicle specific forums to see the gains, if any. They do sound cool though, and you can tell your buddies your car makes MOAR POWA :lol:

Haven't found too many people on the accord forums that have either installed a cold air intake or posted their dyno runs. I feel like most of the people on there are old folks with their sedans trying to get the most mpg out of their cars :lol:

Supposed to give 17hp according to takeda but who knows if that's true or not unless like 250caddy stated could be at higher rpm's which I won't be at. Might not even be worth it unless I get a tune and exhaust to really feel the difference in everyday driving.

Might re-think any performance mods before doing them now.

Last edited:
The v6 should be plenty of power to get that thing moving.
If i were you id just cop some rims.

Car is dope in every other regard IMO

I figure it this way, if the CAI brought out so much power, (some) auto engineers would have designed one even better than aftermarket brands to be fitted on stock vehicles.

Like Caddy said only certain cars really benefit from them. Otherwise its just a bunch of hot air being sucked in. Theres a plastic cover over your air filter a reason...

No doubt they sound dope though when you rev your engine

Some have a heat shield on them like mine though. Not saying I got huge gains :lol: mostly like the sound it makes :smile:

So today i was exiting the free way and saw a used car dealership selling a 1986 635 csi

So i stopped for a test drive

Goddamn this thang is beautiful

heres my experience.
the brake pedal was hard, u could just light touch it to brake u really had to use ur foot,

the driver position was spectacular and the size of the car was perfect. the windows gave me beautiful vision from every angle

the handling was good u really had to input and turn the wheel it wasnt easy like a modern car

i loved the way this drove, it makes me hate modern cars so damn much.

i definetly need to cop one of these.
man I would totally rub my nipple to that car

That bmw and the 8s series are my favorite

You shoulda traded your truck in for it man your crazy

Coulda modded it a lil but to get it how you wanted throw some bbs golds on it

Step out the crib dressed like a paid in full drug dealer and hopped in that coupe 
pimp.gif

Go get that car

that car and this are on my list 

mercedes-benz-500sec-w126-brabus-wheels-rear-side-view.jpg

Originally Posted by omariwestafari 

So today i was exiting the free way and saw a used car dealership selling a 1986 635 csi

So i stopped for a test drive

Goddamn this thang is beautiful

heres my experience.

the brake pedal was hard, u could just light touch it to brake u really had to use ur foot,

the driver position was spectacular and the size of the car was perfect. the windows gave me beautiful vision from every angle

the handling was good u really had to input and turn the wheel it wasnt easy like a modern car

i loved the way this drove, it makes me hate modern cars so damn much.

i definetly need to cop one of these.

man I would totally rub my nipple to that car

That bmw and the 8s series are my favorite

You shoulda traded your truck in for it man your crazy

Coulda modded it a lil but to get it how you wanted throw some bbs golds on it

Step out the crib dressed like a paid in full drug dealer and hopped in that coupe 
pimp.gif

Go get that car

that car and this are on my list 

mercedes-benz-500sec-w126-brabus-wheels-rear-side-view.jpg
W126 amg? :pimp: me too

I thought it was always short ram intakes are the ones that show the most power.
Odds are a fenderwell cold air intake would show the most gains, as it would be away from the hot engine, and be sucking in cold air from outside the car. The majority of short ram intakes are located inside the hot engine Bay. However, the difference between the 2 would probably be quite small. Again, all of this is VERY vehicle specific.

I'm loving all of this euro love :D

:smokin :smokin

Reps, reps for all.

I always loved euro

I jus love murica more [emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji]

I gotta be honest as much as i love euro cars and BMW, i don't like the older ones at all. Except the E30 M

I agree that the 8 Series was wayyyy ahead of its time. I saw a CLEAN V12 near my home a few weeks ago; drooled all over myself because i had Never seen one that pristine in my life.

If i had more garage space, i would pick up one.

Back
Top Bottom