\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

just remember, white only papi..

love my storm trooper..

What model is that? C? Looks dope. Need a daily. Totaled my car last week smh

Yea I wasn't even gonna go down that road :lol:

Hybrid's in general are all hype, made by the big auto companies to provide the illusion that they care about the environment and are trying to do something about it, as well as inflating their EPA numbers so they can produce their other vehicles. Hell, even electric cars aren't amazing for the planet either. A lot of the electricity that these cars are running on is produced by coal burning power planets, which are terrible for the environment.

Until someone comes out with a car that can run on hydrogen, these alternative fuel source vehicles are just stop gaps at best.

the civic argument usually comes up, it's pointless, I along with most consumers am not interested in buying a 20 yr old car with 200K on it, that was basically my previous car, I would be embarrassed to take girl on a date & I got roll up windows.. :lol:

I don't believe hybrid vehicles are hype, I live in LA, home to the worst air pollution in America, hybrids do marginal to improve air quality, but they are making a positive difference. Electric cars like the Tesla are great, fact of the matter is that most of the coal burned does not go to powering electric cars, it goes to providing household electricity. any car produced damages the environment, but hybrids use energy much more efficiently.

hydrogen vehicle already exist

What model is that? C? Looks dope. Need a daily. Totaled my car last week smh

thanks, i's a 14' C, trim level 3. the 15' was refreshed with new headlights and tail lights.

if you plan on buying one, look at new or very very low mileage if you're going long term. the battery is good for 100-150K, fortunately it's only few hundred to replace whenever it goes.

Last edited:
I don't believe hybrid vehicles are hype, I live in LA, home to the worst air pollution in America, hybrids do marginal to improve air quality, but they are making a positive difference. Electric cars like the Tesla are great, fact of the matter is that most of the coal burned does not go to powering electric cars, it goes to providing household electricity. any car produced damages the environment, but hybrids use energy much more efficiently.

hydrogen vehicle already exist
Hybrids may be marginally better as far as air pollution goes, but they CAUSE more pollution to manufacture than a regular car.

As for coal power not going to powering electric cars, but instead going to households..... where do you think most people charge their electric cars? At home.

That Honda is definitely a step in the right direction, although again, it has its drawbacks. Number one for most consumers is probably the price, they aren't cheap. As well, electricity (possibly from coal) is needed to form H2 via electrolysis, or you can use natural gas reforming, which gives off some CO2. I think eventually all of this will get sorted out, but it's going to take some time to produce a truly affordable, "green" car.

Last edited:
Not surprised. The trend for now is to downsize and add a turbo. Virtually all the manufacturers are doing it.

y r companies JUST now doing this like if turbos are some sort of new automotive leap :lol:

not sheriff srs

stricter emissions regulations and mpg reuqirements mean they gotta downsize engines and trick consumers into thinking that loosing two cylinders can be replaced by a turbo

Agreed... they'll be twin turbo, direct injected, cylinder deactivating, and combined with electric/hybrid motors and an automatic transmission...

They'll still be niche cars for car people... but the 60's are over brah... ever first world country in the world is making it so engines have to be more abd more efficiently... and not just mpg, but of different types of gasses released from engine... and every single country has different laws... so you gotta go by the most strict...

Picked up the STI from a dealer. Screw waiting. Pics coming soon, but anyone know where to get the bracket for the front License Plate? Not the front but for the spot on the left side of the bumper? The name of the part would help too, so I can look it up. 

It was something bout the plates are European and the holes in my wrx was Japanese, something like that, or it was the other way around

The people offered to have the plate hang on the side, but I said no, it looked weird #yeshrug

Last edited:
I am going to ask a very noob question

But the car shouldn't cruise at 2500 rpm, I should be shifting right?

Been experimenting, sometimes I stay in 3rd when I cruise if I know I'm going to be turning soon but I mostly like it in 4th cuz it's quieter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom