\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Brah, I wish my dealer was that lit.

Today was slow as hell, especially for a Saturday.

I had one up... Made a $50 spiff
mean.gif

Got a nice commission on it tho...
we sold 18 today.

I only sold one, dude was my lead but didnt tell me he was coming in, luckily he asked for me. mini-deal, no backend gross either. oh well.

other appointment was a no show.

We ended with 7 today.

F&I today was glorious. I touched 2 deals.

3300 and 2200 back. Fronts were steady at 2800-3500. So both ended up being 5k+ roundtrips. Other finance had 1 cash and one 5k backend! I love when we all eat. It's been slow but very good quality deals.

tips on cleaning car mats?

i dont have a power washer or any of those tings ...
get them wet

spray with cleaner

mist them so the cleaner foams up 

scrub with brush then let them sit for a while

rinse them out

hang them to dry

Last edited:
WCIS is such a Subie guru now when 2 months ago he didnt know what coilovers were.
laugh.gif

This reminds me of a hilarious story. 

When i worked at Honda, they hired a Tech named Dalton. Dude was a complete nerd. (We did some digging on him, and found his high school Senior portraits, he was shirtless at the river with nunchucks in his hands doing a karate pose)

A month or so after he started, he bought this crapbox 91 Integra, that was painted bright yellow, a terrible cheap paint job, door jams and engine bay were still red. was lowered (just lowered with CUT SPRINGS, this is very important to the story) and had an exhaust that sounded like wasps stuck in a soda can.

The car was very low and rubbed a bit so he brought it in the shop and threw it on the lift one day to investigate.

i happened to be watching him and noticed he was doing something interesting, he was spinning one of the springs. i said "What are you doing there, Dalton" and he replied "im raising the car up, it's too low"

Yes, he was trying to raise his vehicle, by spinning a spring. A technician at a car dealership who had just graduated from UTI. 
indifferent.gif

i really don't remember what we used to use, like the other guy said just get some carpet/upholstery cleaner.

i know the way i described might sound a little ghetto, but it actually works quite well, especially if you don't have a pressure washer or carpet extractor available 

Nawzlew Nawzlew Just about any carpet or upholstery cleaner would work.

thanks!

[thread="266081"]what kind of cleaner would you recommend?[/thread]
i really don't remember what we used to use, like the other guy said just get some carpet/upholstery cleaner.

i know the way i described might sound a little ghetto, but it actually works quite well, especially if you don't have a pressure washer or carpet extractor available 

Whatever works to be honest :lol:

I was about to just throw them in the washing machine. :lol:

WCIS is such a Subie guru now when 2 months ago he didnt know what coilovers were. :lol:

This reminds me of a hilarious story. 

When i worked at Honda, they hired a Tech named Dalton. Dude was a complete nerd. (We did some digging on him, and found his high school Senior portraits, he was shirtless at the river with nunchucks in his hands doing a karate pose)

A month or so after he started, he bought this crapbox 91 Integra, that was painted bright yellow, a terrible cheap paint job, door jams and engine bay were still red. was lowered (just lowered with CUT SPRINGS, this is very important to the story) and had an exhaust that sounded like wasps stuck in a soda can.

The car was very low and rubbed a bit so he brought it in the shop and threw it on the lift one day to investigate.

i happened to be watching him and noticed he was doing something interesting, he was spinning one of the springs. i said "What are you doing there, Dalton" and he replied "im raising the car up, it's too low"

Yes, he was trying to raise his vehicle, by spinning a spring. A technician at a car dealership who had just graduated from UTI. :stoneface:  
:smh: :lol: Bruh you can't be serious

Finally, after almost a month of driving stick, I can finally downshift rev match quickly and smoothly

Didn't understand what that was before 2 weeks ago

Today it just clicked and I was like, 'oh duh'

Finally, after almost a month of driving stick, I can finally downshift rev match quickly and smoothly

Didn't understand what that was before 2 weeks ago

Today it just clicked and I was like, 'oh duh'

I don't drive stick but I have the hardest time grasping the concept of revmatching :lol:

I don't drive stick but I have the hardest time grasping the concept of revmatching :lol:

If the car is at 2000 rpm at 4th gear, and you downshift to 3rd, while you have the clutch down, you blip the throttle to 2000 rpm. At least that's the concept. I go over but as long as it's not too much over you Gucci

Before today, I kept giving too much throttle and it'll rev to 4000 or more

Once I figured it out, I kept experimenting going from 4th to 5th to 6th to 5th to 4th and back up lol

I want to learn heel/toe next. Almost wish the gas pedal was a little longer so it'd be a little easier :lol:

Last edited:
But when you down shift doesn't your RPM go up?

It does but too rapidly and the car jerks. The idea of rev matching is to have the RPM's up when you blip it (clutch still down, youre in the middle of physically throwing the shifter into the lower gear) so that way when you let off the clutch in the lower gear the RPM's wont have to jump so high since you revved it up and the downshift is smoother.

Last edited:
Got some of the products I ordered from prime day to clean my car. Need to get some wax and sealent for the rest. Still waiting on the iron remover, tire cleaner and PERL.

Last edited:
Haha. I'm on the east coast. There are no canyons where I'm at :frown:

Idk if such a thing exists but are there places where regular people can pay to take their cars to the track?

Idk if such a thing exists but are there places where regular people can pay to take their cars to the track?
yes tons of tracks allow public track days.  Just gotta check around your area. 

i want to take my car on Sonoma Raceway (formerly Infineon and Sears Point before that) since i live kind of close. Nascar and Indy Car both race there

Last edited:
Niceee. Did a quick google. There's a quite of few I can go to. cool. Putting that on my bucket list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom