\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Soooo...

A couple changes lately in life and a raise at work allowed me to cop a new car. I've been wanting the new M4, but after my daily e46 took a dump, I decided it be better to keep the e92 m3 and cop a new daily... And today I bought it... 2000 e39 m5...

Still not sold on the red, but got a killer deal.

Pretty happy with it.

Last edited:
new daily he says and gets a e39 m5 i dont even :lol:

i c u papi :pimp:

Does it make that whiting sound when you floor it?

Never been in a electric car
Nah.  Its got a CVT trans though, that's kind of a trip when you are accelerating and the RPMs are just sitting at the same spot or even going down :lol:

and it shuts the engine off when you come to a stop and have your foot on the brake

man its such a trippppppppp when i drove a car like that for the first time :lol:

post da exhaust clip of it fam :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
[@=/u/76361/Nelson999]@Nelson999[/@] When did you get a civic? I must've missed that
Yesterday. Sold my TL on Saturday and needed to pick up another daily to use for a while. The Evo is officially going on the sale market this week. Actually have someone looking at it wednesday even though i haven't put it up for sale yet :lol:

Found this 06 Hybrid for an absolute steal, $5k and it only has 107k miles and just had the Hybrid battery replaced under warranty earlier this year

Damn that's not bad at all. Is it white? :lol: GLWS on the Evo! Going to be a tough decision getting the //M or Porsche but both look great!

Nope, Silver. Tinted the winders today, not about that fish bowl life.

And thanks i hope its an easy sell. Not a tough decision, decision is already made lol

Last edited:

And thanks i hope its an easy sell. Not a tough decision, decision is already made lol
Damn, that's nice. i'm in the market for a commuter also, was looking at first gen honda fits but these civics seem pretty nice

bones36 bones36 yea its pretty nice man, cant complain for the price. Great commuter. And the hybrid has the radio controls on the steering wheel and auxiliary port, things i love that the non hybrid this year doesn't have

Need some help guys. I have a 2005 TSX. Having some issues with my headlights. When I switch them on, occasionally both will come on, other times only 1 side will come on and in some cases, neither will come on. I switched out the bulbs and still having the issue. Is this a sign that I need to switch out the ballast?

Need some help guys. I have a 2005 TSX. Having some issues with my headlights. When I switch them on, occasionally both will come on, other times only 1 side will come on and in some cases, neither will come on. I switched out the bulbs and still having the issue. Is this a sign that I need to switch out the ballast?

Might be the ballasts. But if neither come on it might be a bad relay or fuse. Make sure to test out the relay or fuses.

Check out dipyourcar.com
Idk why so much hate for dipping, I browsed that forum from the link above and saw plenty of cars that look great.
Plasti dip isnt bad at all on a car if you do it right. I see a lotof cars though around my way that are terribly dipped, its how you do it and the prep work involved. Obviously wraps are better but $3-5k on a wrap? Not a lot of people wanna drop that kinda bread.

Rims though are easy and the average joe can pull it off no problem.

I will always be a fan of wraps over plastidip for a multitude of reasons. But I may seem biased given that I don't think that 2,500 (what I paid to wrap my e90 M3, and probably from the best wrapping company in the business today) is too much to invest into a car. For starters, I know that using standard plastidip is a complete nightmare to remove after time, I have witnessed this 3 times now. With the new stuff out there I know this isn't as much of a hassle, but taking a paint gun to my car is just going to give me a heart attack plain and simple. There are way too many crevices and lines on the car, coupled with how the overall process is done, it's impossible to not get paint in the small crevices or cracks in the vehicle. Some may not care, but to me quality is everything. I know that personally I would never plastidip a brand new Lamborghini, but wrap it? Sure. And that thought process is what makes all the difference IMO. There are also colors achievable with vinyl that will never be achieved with plastidip, but that's really a nonfactor in this discussion. Wether we want to agree or not, Plastidip is the mickey mouse version of wrapping. (If it wasn't, wrapping cars would be 100% obsolete). Now, if you have a car that costs $2,500 or so, then it may be in your favor to just dip it, But anything over 30k? No thanks. This is all just my opinion and I don't mean to talk anyone down for choosing one over the other, this is based off of experience. This is the company that wrapped my car in case you are interested. https://instagram.com/r1motorsport/ They do wrapping for many dealerships and shops like Platinum Motorsports.

Nice...this was my first car ever, 08 hybrid, served me well and had no complaints 

I will always be a fan of wraps over plastidip for a multitude of reasons. But I may seem biased given that I don't think that 2,500 (what I paid to wrap my e90 M3, and probably from the best wrapping company in the business today) is too much to invest into a car. For starters, I know that using standard plastidip is a complete nightmare to remove after time, I have witnessed this 3 times now. With the new stuff out there I know this isn't as much of a hassle, but taking a paint gun to my car is just going to give me a heart attack plain and simple. There are way too many crevices and lines on the car, coupled with how the overall process is done, it's impossible to not get paint in the small crevices or cracks in the vehicle. Some may not care, but to me quality is everything. I know that personally I would never plastidip a brand new Lamborghini, but wrap it? Sure. And that thought process is what makes all the difference IMO. There are also colors achievable with vinyl that will never be achieved with plastidip, but that's really a nonfactor in this discussion. Wether we want to agree or not, Plastidip is the mickey mouse version of wrapping. (If it wasn't, wrapping cars would be 100% obsolete). Now, if you have a car that costs $2,500 or so, then it may be in your favor to just dip it, But anything over 30k? No thanks. This is all just my opinion and I don't mean to talk anyone down for choosing one over the other, this is based off of experience. This is the company that wrapped my car in case you are interested. https://instagram.com/r1motorsport/ They do wrapping for many dealerships and shops like Platinum Motorsports.
I could not agree more. Plastidip is cool on cheap cars (I'd say 5 grand or less purchase price) but if you paid 10+ grand, get it done right, and get a wrap.

Meh... That's old Alfa... No way FCA let's Alfa screw up this time around... They don't have a competitor to the Germans and Alfa is going to be it...

nahhhhh trussst plastidip aint even cool on cheap cars

my friend has a civic ej1 he plasti dipped the whole thing and its garbageeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

keep it on wheels and trim

Last edited:
man, i tried out this water spot remover called "never better" from a glass shop that is meant for use on shower doors, it is AMAZING. it's a powder that you dip a damp rag into and go to town on the glass

the civic i just got had some brutal water spots on the passenger side, probably parked next to a sprinkler and sat in the sun for days. thought the windows were a lost cause, this stuff killed it.

first picture was taken after i had just hit the window with some white vinegar and wiped it off with glass cleaner after, so the window was as clean as it was gonna get

e0135d32_2015-08-2419.25.29.jpeg

81d8d054_2015-08-2419.25.23.jpeg

Last edited:
I could not agree more. Plastidip is cool on cheap cars (I'd say 5 grand or less purchase price) but if you paid 10+ grand, get it done right, and get a wrap.

You're 100% on the money. Pun intended.

30k was a high number, even if my car was 10k, quality and cleanliness are way too important.

Also don't overlook the protective benefit of wrapping, the wrap will handle much more abuse, I guarantee it.

One thing that I will say though is that in my satin pearlescent white wrap, I did get stains on the rear bumper due to running catless. I'm not sure if this would happen on plastdip, but regardless, that was annoying.

man, i tried out this water spot remover called "never better" from a glass shop that is meant for use on shower doors, it is AMAZING. it's a powder that you dip a damp rag into and go to town on the glass

the civic i just got had some brutal water spots on the passenger side, probably parked next to a sprinkler and sat in the sun for days. thought the windows were a lost cause, this stuff killed it.

first picture was taken after i had just hit the window with some white vinegar and wiped it off with glass cleaner after, so the window was as clean as it was gonna get

e0135d32_2015-08-2419.25.29.jpeg
81d8d054_2015-08-2419.25.23.jpeg

Lol you can see the interior in the second pic perfectly. Might have to pick some of this stuff up for my shower door actually.

You're 100% on the money. Pun intended.

30k was a high number, even if my car was 10k, quality and cleanliness are way too important.

Also don't overlook the protective benefit of wrapping, the wrap will handle much more abuse, I guarantee it.

One thing that I will say though is that in my satin pearlescent white wrap, I did get stains on the rear bumper due to running catless. I'm not sure if this would happen on plastdip, but regardless, that was annoying.

$30k? Naw maybe a $50k plus car. Id dip an Evo or even a 335 or G37. Some dip jobs are done REALLY nice. Now an M3 or AMG deserves a wrap.

Have you guys actually seen dipped cars in person? Or are you basing this solely off of pics you've seen online? Because dipped cars in real life and when you're up close looking at them don't look good. You can see the rubbery texture and feel it too. I've never seen a dipped car that looks flawless.

Back
Top Bottom