\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yo wtf? Plastidip is terrible.

I just tried dipping a license plate bracket to see what the hype was all about and that ish turned out awful. :x

I dipped and peeled it 3 times before I gave up, because it came out so bad. After the first failure I went online and looked up some tips. I made sure to clean off the nozzle, applied multiple light coats and even heated up the can... still crap.

I just used a rattlecan and I'm sure it would have worked better with a gun, but man that stuff disappointing.

I've never dipped anything personally but it's not bad and can provide good results if you like the matte finish thing. I've had friends with dipped wheels that looked as good as matte powder coat.

Rims is what its best for.

If you cant dip rims you probably coudnt draw a stick figure to save your life.

Last edited:
Anyone in here have a Scion FR-S or Subaru BRZ?

My brother is almost old enough to drive and plans on getting his license as soon as he's done with Drivers Ed, so I've been thinking about selling him my GS300 for the low (think 80% discount, just to make him prove he can save some money) and getting a new car in the next year or so for myself. I was originally thinking about getting the 2015 Lexus RC-350F and calling it a day, but the reviews have been very lackluster and make me think the $50K price tag (probably in the low 40/high 30 range by the time I buy) won't be worth it.

On the other hand, people seem to absolutely love the FR-S/BRZ, and speak of it as if its the modern day Miata. I haven't ever driven a "driver enthusiasts" car and wanted to see if anyone on NT has one and would be willing to speak on it? I'm not TOO concerned about the small engine, but I am a little worried about size as I'm 6'0 and feel like I tower over BRZs in comparison to my GS when I've seen them around. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

My brother is almost old enough to drive and plans on getting his license as soon as he's done with Drivers Ed, so I've been thinking about selling him my GS300 for the low (think 80% discount, just to make him prove he can save some money) and getting a new car in the next year or so for myself. I was originally thinking about getting the 2015 Lexus RC-350F and calling it a day, but the reviews have been very lackluster and make me think the $50K price tag (probably in the low 40/high 30 range by the time I buy) won't be worth it.

On the other hand, people seem to absolutely love the FR-S/BRZ, and speak of it as if its the modern day Miata. I haven't ever driven a "driver enthusiasts" car and wanted to see if anyone on NT has one and would be willing to speak on it? I'm not TOO concerned about the small engine, but I am a little worried about size as I'm 6'0 and feel like I tower over BRZs in comparison to my GS when I've seen them around. Any thoughts?
Everyone in here is gonna bash on the FRS/BRZ because it is way underpowered compared to other cars in this price range. I test drove a BRZ recently and it does feel no faster than the 4 cylinder camry I currently drive, but man the driving feel is unmatched. It feels really nimble and you sit really low in the car, so it feels a like a real sports car. Also I think its the best looking car under 40K. If you mainly drive on straight roads, then I think this car can get boring quick, but if you drive through canyons and twisty roads, this is the car to get.

Everyone in here is gonna bash on the FRS/BRZ because it is way underpowered compared to other cars in this price range. I test drove a BRZ recently and it does feel no faster than the 4 cylinder camry I currently drive, but man the driving feel is unmatched. It feels really nimble and you sit really low in the car, so it feels a like a real sports car. Also I think its the best looking car under 40K. If you mainly drive on straight roads, then I think this car can get boring quick, but if you drive through canyons and twisty roads, this is the car to get.

Brz owner

If it is going to be your daily and are not used to driving a "drivers car" I would at least try to spend a good amount of time in one before i bought it.

Im sure your GS rides very smooth and soaks up bumps really well but you wont get that with the 86. While you are not worried about power leaving the torque of the GS might be a killer for you.

They get a bad rap for a couple reasons that I wont really go into much here because people really don't care about the car or just like to downplay it because journalist speak so highly of it.

My thoughts on the car

I love it for what I bought it for. I wanted a weekend car that I can slowly build to become my track car. It handles great and it is a blast in the mountains (New York, PA) The biggest complaint people have is the power but you know that going in and there are maybe 10-15 different kits that can change that now (if you are interested i can go further into this).

RC350 to a BRZ? Stop it. :lol:

if you're wanting a sporty little RWD car, get yourself a 350z, 370z, G35, G37, S2000, etc.  Not the Scionbaru

better car, and possibly less money depending what you get

Last edited:
da man said hes 6'0 worried about fitting in a brz/frs how he gon fit in a miata :lol:

get u da lexus rc papi or a bmw 2/4 series

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom