\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

da man said hes 6'0 worried about fitting in a brz/frs how he gon fit in a miata
laugh.gif
im 6'4 and i owned an s2000 as a daily driver for 2 years and it was fine, he will be ok. theres no way in hell the interior space of the BRZ is smaller than S2000

Last edited:
Everyone in here is gonna bash on the FRS/BRZ because it is way underpowered compared to other cars in this price range. I test drove a BRZ recently and it does feel no faster than the 4 cylinder camry I currently drive, but man the driving feel is unmatched. It feels really nimble and you sit really low in the car, so it feels a like a real sports car. Also I think its the best looking car under 40K. If you mainly drive on straight roads, then I think this car can get boring quick, but if you drive through canyons and twisty roads, this is the car to get.

Brz owner

If it is going to be your daily and are not used to driving a "drivers car" I would at least try to spend a good amount of time in one before i bought it.

Im sure your GS rides very smooth and soaks up bumps really well but you wont get that with the 86. While you are not worried about power leaving the torque of the GS might be a killer for you.

They get a bad rap for a couple reasons that I wont really go into much here because people really don't care about the car or just like to downplay it because journalist speak so highly of it.

My thoughts on the car

I love it for what I bought it for. I wanted a weekend car that I can slowly build to become my track car. It handles great and it is a blast in the mountains (New York, PA) The biggest complaint people have is the power but you know that going in and there are maybe 10-15 different kits that can change that now (if you are interested i can go further into this).

Thanks to the both of you. I'm used to the GS, but I had a '97 Ford Ranger I drove back in college, so I've had experience with rides that aren't as smooth and that isn't too big of a concern for me. The difference in torque might be a deal breaker, but that's not the end all-be all. Truth be told, I'm a little bored with the GS and I think that the BRZ/FR-S might be a good car to start my next hobby with. I haven't driven a stick in a long time and this car might just rekindle my love for cars & driving.

Info on these kits :nerd:

RC350 to a BRZ? Stop it. :lol:

Thanks for the constructive post, :lol:

if you're wanting a sporty little RWD car, get yourself a 350z, 370z, G35, G37, S2000, etc.  Not the Scionbaru
better car, and possibly less money depending what you get

I was thinking about a G-series coupe, but I see them everywhere here in MN and I'm very indifferent to them. I really dislike Nissan's design language. Same for the S2000. I'd like to have a backseat, even if its really only for show.

Simple... never put the top up...

I live in MN. That's not really an option :rofl:

Appreciate the opinions y'all. I kinda expected the exact sentiments I've seen, but its nice to see that there is a couple people who know about the cars and at least one who is already planning on doing what I'm thinking about doing.

Now just to wait and see if Scion is gonna do that droptop FR-S and test drive :nerd:

Last edited:
Info on these kits :nerd:

Turbo

The "cost effective" way

Speed by design
Same company that manufactured the Greddy kit got a North american distributor, slapped a better turbo , Blow off valve and renamed it. It costs about 3k and comes with a off the shelf tune that can be etuned for a couple hundred more. If your looking for just a little more power its the way to go but you wont be set up for high hp.

The "best " kit

Full Blown

Most people consider them the best turbo kit and i haven't seen much to dispute it. They start at about 4100 for the base kit but you can easily spend over 8k if you upgrade to the good stuff. Easily can see 400hp and people are running way into the 500s but you will spend a lot of money on other upgrades.

Other notable kits
Ptuning
Avo
JDL

Greddy is a rip off your better off with SBD

Superchargers

This segment is full of options so u really would have to do your research

Kraftwerks
(Makes more power but people have been having issues with the belts)
Jackson Racing
(proven to be reliable on the track)

Both use a Rotrex blower with e85 you can see over 300 and i think a couple have hit 400 with the bigger blower

Edelbrock just announced their kit and thats my favorite out every kit.

If you get it installed by a ASE mechanic they match subarus powertrain warranty
They are CARB certified and make 250 on a completely otherwise stock car (exhaust and better full you are over 300 easily)

Other kits
Sprintex
Vortech
Cosworth

If you want more info you can start here or PM and i will point you in the right direction

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Last edited:
I never understood the Miatas stereotype as a girls car. I see more old guys driving them than anyone else. I've only known one girl who ever owned one and hers was a handmedown from her father.

It really is the quintessential "drivers car" and all of it's driving characteristics are the antithesis of what most females look for in a car.

I never understood the Miatas stereotype as a girls car. I see more old guys driving them than anyone else. I've only known one girl who ever owned one and hers was a handmedown from her father.

It really is the quintessential "drivers car" and all of it's driving characteristics are the antithesis of what most females look for in a car.

All of this... I have no clue how it's labeled as a "girl" besides the fact it's small... If the Miata is a girl's car, then so is the S2000...

i know 3 girls and 1 dude who owns a miata one of the girls owns an evo too :nerd:

s2ks get thrown in the girls car category but i only know dudes who own em :nerd:

frs/brz a girls car :nerd:

Last edited:
What if I can get the labor for free or almost free , what am I looking at for something with good sound ( I want my ish to crank but I still wanna hear my music, not distortion or my car rattling) and durable

Do it.

LMAO I WENT BACK IN THE THREAD LOOKING FOR THE LIST OF GIRLS CAR AND CAME ACROSS THIS YOOOO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

trunk look like its boutta bust open

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom