\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I've heard if u leav wrap on for more then a couple years it can damage paint. Dipping is safe. But I dunno everything. I would love a satin black wrapn my car tho..

honestly...hit up one of these wrap companies local to you to get a quote and lowkey talk to the employees there to see how much they'd be willing to do it for on the weekend on the side or something. companies are charging like $3000, but i know guys around me wrapping them for $800 plus the cost of the vinyl ($400-$500).

just make sure you're talking to an employee and not one of the owners or anything.

Last edited:
smokin.gif
autoflex coating

Whats ur thoughts i have a 98/99ron map and my car runs very high compression on 22psi.
Im safer off getting my timing pulled 1 degree and mapped for just 98 hey?
Its pretty safe but any pinging is pinging i dont want, even if its 2% of the time when knock control isnt fast enough.

For my American muscle heads

2017 Trans Am Worldwide Trans Am

What's Now: Sports/Luxury

What's New: The Camaro's stout performance and classic style sometimes spark nostalgia for its lamented Pontiac twin, so TAW has been reskinning gen-five Camaros as '77-'78 Trans Ams, complete with screaming chickens, shaker hood scoops, and optional T-tops. Design work on an Alpha-platform Trans Am is well underway, and it will offer two styling options—1969 or the Bandit-era look. Each will offer SLP engine upgrades of the LT1 V-8 likely mirroring the stages of Roots-supercharged tune available on the old LS3 (550, 650, and 700-plus hp).

What's Not: The idea of Pontiac-ifying Camaros or Plymouth-izing Challengers, though TAW raises the production quality to much nearer original equipment manufacturer levels.

When: Spring 2017

How Much: $71,000

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/rese...and-beyond/ss-BBt7nlu?ocid=spartanntp#image=2

Last edited:
All I'll say is Dip looks MUCH better in pictures. And if you see it in person and say it's comparable to a high quality wrap like http://www.amprimaclasse.com/index.php/home , you're lying to yourself.

A wrap like this will well exceed $3k, though, so I definitely see the economical aspect of dipping. Just make sure you know what you're getting into, and the coating may look very cheap and tacky.

Last edited:
Looks like D finally got his GR STi on the rollers on that PTE 6870 I mentioned.

Dynoed at 996whp not sure on how much boost, and how much more pressure that snail can make.

Last edited:
So, just found out Prime's GR STi made that power at 40psi.

This records was set not long ago.

[/

Yikes. 200mph in 7.46 seconds on that 4G63 :wow: . Mind you also he's using a dogbox transmission and pushing something like 70+lbs of boost and at 1300+whp

And it still has more in it :rofl:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/re...-h-pattern-manual-trans-7-46-199-9mph.503917/

Car is insane.

4g63 is no joke :wow:. I remember I used to think Subaru was the 4 banger king when it came to the 1/4 mile record. talons are just incredible :pimp:

One of my shop's built full-weight STi's ran an 8.4 at just over 800whp and a 9.6 at just over 600whp on a 6-speed.

1300whp + dog box Trans+ weight reduction on that same STi= well you can somewhat see.

Imagine stripping off like 700lbs. and adding 500whp and a dogbox on a car already running mid to low 8's. Eager for IAG to bring that billet block into the mix, but you better believe all the weight WILL stay on :lol:

Running 7's on a 3.6k lb 4-cylinder will be a funny sight :lol:

Last edited:
Just saw a red 93 NSX, Jesus Christ that car looks insane in person. :x. Guy was just working out at the lakefront and came to talk to me about it, opened the car and let me look everywhere

I have never seen one in person and now I'm in love. It was so mint

Didn't know they came with 255's from the factory, tires look so wide and sick

Last edited:
So I just got put on to a new alternative to claybar which are prep mitts.

Bought the Nanoskin medium and will probably buy the fine once I see how it performs. It's almost hard to believe this mitt does the same thing that clay does and it can be dropped and all the contamination simply rinsed off. You also don't need any lube but your soap and water you use to wash the car anyway, so technically you can wash as you clay. I'll be washing first then I'll be passing the mitt/claying after with soap/water +lube just to be safe. Process for the paint will be wash with foam cannon + 2-buckets(soap and rinse), Claybar/Nanoskin Mitt, Glaze, blaklight glaze, sealant, high gloss spray sealant, carnauba wax, spray wax, quick detail spray to dry. It will definitely make my life a hell of a lot easier than clay barring. Mind you, I never tried either but I was told to watch out for certain things so the clay doesn't get stuck, constantly having a new clean side, not dropping it, etc.

That's just the paint. I'll have a different process for the glass and wheels, which everything will be sealed in the end.
I'll break the mitt in on my windows, then head towards the paint. If all is good it looks like an easy process compared to what claybarring looked. Anyway, car is still not in my hands, actually in CT as we speak. Then once I get it back it's immediately going to another shop, and then doing small audio **** to fine-tune the acoustics and it should finally be in my hands to start the process after everything is done.

Last edited:
We just got a Superformance Shelby Daytona Coupe with a 427. Thing has like 600whp/600wtq and weighs just over 2000lbs. Absolute monster.

I mentioned nanoskin a while back and I still use it from time to time. It's not as effective as your traditional clay but it's a cheaper alternative and it covers your whole car with less time. I have their bubble bath also and use that for the mitt

I mentioned nanoskin a while back and I still use it from time to time. It's not as effective as your traditional clay but it's a cheaper alternative and it covers your whole car with less time. I have their bubble bath also and use that for the mitt

What grade did you use? You've used clay as well but would say you prefer it over nanoskin?

Would you recommend clay bar AND nanoskin right after?

I'll probably use the mitt for all the crevices or places where clay may get stuck. But yea all those answers would be helpful thanks.

We just got a Superformance Shelby Daytona Coupe with a 427. Thing has like 600whp/600wtq and weighs just over 2000lbs. Absolute monster.

Dude ever drag raced it at those specs?

Should easily do low 9's if he hooks right/has the right suspension and tire/wheel/alignment setup. RWD has way better acceleration than AWD I think.

there's a full-weight Viper with like 1700whp :wow: , equipped with a dogbox (which basically shifts as quick as a DCT) running mid-8's.

Can't even imagine what 1700whp and a dogbox would do :lol: :wow:

Edit: just saw the vid again, definitely rowing gears :smokin, but actually ran an 8.7. Still fast as ****, but just to put it in perspective that Talon ran a 7.4 at 1300whp. It's probably much lighter, though, and also using a dogbox as opposed to a traditional 6-speed. A stock Viper weighs as much as a stock STi.

Full weight STI's run low-mid 8's on 800+whp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom