\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

yea we have events like those in my state of CT............the 1%ers come out and showcase.............

its not all over my small state but certain parts its concentrated

Question for the car folks, which would be all of you: say you purchased a brand new vehicle (no previous owner, straight from the factory) from a reliable brand (Honda), would you amend your factory warranty with an extended warranty or just rely on your insurance to handle things if something were to wrong down the line?

Extended . Aren't you able to do both?

Yeah. But I am trying to decide whether to purchase the 8yr/120K extended warranty for my new vehicle as opposed to just sticking it out with the 3yr/36K standard warranty.

The extended would be an extra ~1.8K, which isn't that much imo. But I'm wondering if it would be redundant given that my insurance provider (Geico) would likely take care of any issues that crop up down the line.

$1,800 is damn reasonable for an additional 5 years/84k miles.  What all does it cover?

Just checked again, and it's $1840 to be accurate. 96 Mo/120K miles extended warranty "covers mechanical breakdown for both parts and labor. 24-hr Roadside assistance, towing, rental car reimbursment, tire change, fuel delivery, etc."

From the Honda website:

http://www.honda-extended-warranty.com/accord.aspx#LiveTabsContent4860

So good deal, or unnecessary?

Is this for honda care? If so for $1800 with 8 years 120k you're getting ripped off your *** for that price. When I got my accord last year I paid $1200 for 8 year 120k miles. The only reason I got it was because the cvt might have issues down the road and I didn't want to risk it. Which dealer are you getting your warranty from? Which model accord are you getting? For the love of god please don't pay $1800.

Check hondacare prices from this dealership they're known to have some of the lowest prices out there. There is another dealership but I lost it. I'll post it once I find it.

https://www.saccuccihondacare.com/v...n=0&makeID=1&modelID=&year=&mileage=&stateID=

I'm getting a '16 CVT Accord EX from a dealership in CT.

So you're saying I can actually shop around for Honda Care and purchase from another dealer if they're offering a better price?

So you're saying I can actually shop around for Honda Care and purchase from another dealer if they're offering a better price?

What price you getting for the car before TTL? People saying 23k before TTL is the common price. Read up on this.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/8...much-did-you-pay-your-9th-gen-accord-481.html
I think theres a seperare thread for extended warranty prices.
Get multiple quotes from dealers through email and pit them against each other to get the lowest possible. Always negotiate before TTL and addons, good luck

What price you getting for the car before TTL? People saying 23k before TTL is the common price. Read up on this.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/8...much-did-you-pay-your-9th-gen-accord-481.html
Get multiple quotes from dealers through email and pit them against each other to get the lowest possible. Always negotiate before TTL and addons, good luck

You're preaching to the choir.

I got the car at a price well below MSRP after back and forth negotiations with multiple dealerships. I'm happy with the purchase. All that's left if for me to go pick it up and make a decision on whether to add the extended warranty or not.

I got the car at a price well below MSRP after back and forth negotiations with multiple dealerships. I'm happy with the purchase. All that's left if for me to go pick it up and make a decision on whether to add the extended warranty or not.

Well if you saved so much money from the deal then why hesitate on the extended warranty?

Yes you can shop around for hondacare. I bought mine from succucini and paid over the phone. They sent me a packet in the mail which is the warranty proof. Since yours is a 4 cyl it'll be like 8-900 depending on what state you're in. Just put in the make model info and it'll send you an email with prices

Well if you saved so much money from the deal then why hesitate on the extended warranty?

It's not a matter of cost. I can easily afford the extended warranty.

It's a matter of necessity. That's the question that I originally posed to my fellow NTs: is it necessary to get an extended warranty on a new vehicle from a reliable brand?

I just wanted to get others' opinion on the matter.

It's a matter of necessity. That's the question that I originally posed to my fellow NTs: is it necessary to get an extended warranty on a new vehicle from a reliable brand?

When I bought my accord I thought about this also but another main concern was the electrical components like the cameras. Every once in a while the camera on the right mirror will flicker for me so having the warranty is piece of mind for 8 years if anything should happen. Again its all pesonal preference

You answered your own question, you said yourself they're reliable. People already chimed in but you keep being reluctant and digging which leads me believe you're close to doing it than not.

Last edited:

I'm afraid that's up to you to decide.

8 years of peace of mind for that price sounds pretty good to me, just don't do nothing to the car that can give them leverage on whether or not they want to honor it say 6 years down the road.

I'm not familiar with the brand, but just compare it to repair costs and the cost of the car. Put both on an imaginary scale and make your decision.

Last edited:
Are you really going to keep the car that long?
I was thinking the same thing. A 8 year warranty is great if you're gonnna have the car for all 8 years. But if you're gonna trade it in before 8 years, there's probably no point buying one.

And 8 years is far too long to keep a car. Hell, I struggle to reach 8 months :lol:

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to be whipping this car for at least 10 years.

I'd cop the warranty, dudes saying Honda is the goat(true) but Honda is not without it's fault. Especially because nowadays cars rely more on their electronics, some modules can cost a over 1k.

also it's a good selling point considering you can transfer honda care to the new owner.

^^ I think I can make that happen :lol:

OK, here's the list of vehicles I'm considering:

2006-2009 Jeep GC SRT8
2006-2009 Trailblazer SS
2011-2014 Mustang GT (5.0)
2010+ Camaro SS
2008+ Subaru STi Hatch
2004-2006 Dodge Ram SRT10 (Not really a serious contender, but I found a nice one)

So, your favorite Canadian needs a whip for the next 4 years. It's gotta be fairly reliable, and I don't want to be constantly fixing it. It needs to be somewhat quick, and fun to drive, or I'll get bored quick, and sell it :lol: . It rarely snows here during winter, but it does rain a lot. So, AWD is appealing, but not necessary. I loved my old TBSS, hence why it and the Jeep are on the list, but I'm leaning towards the Mustang. I would love to hear your guys' thoughts! If you wanna suggest something else, my budget is around 25 grand USD

Last edited:
Have you considered Acura? I used to own a TL and it was a great car, reliable quick and within that price range, I think you can even get a TLX within 25k now

Last edited:
I would do the Mustang and keep it stock if you are looking for something quick and reliable. You already did the TBSS so I would put that and the SRT right after the mustang.

Team rumble will tell you to get da hatch...so get da hatch

A few bolt ons for just an additional $30k will net you a 700+ whp beast that will tear up those Canadian back roads for the next fo to fi years bleedat

Last edited:
^^ I think I can make that happen
laugh.gif

OK, here's the list of vehicles I'm considering:

2006-2009 Jeep GC SRT8
2006-2009 Trailblazer SS
2011-2014 Mustang GT (5.0)
2010+ Camaro SS
2008+ Subaru STi Hatch
2004-2006 Dodge Ram SRT10 (Not really a serious contender, but I found a nice one)

So, your favorite Canadian needs a whip for the next 4 years. It's gotta be fairly reliable, and I don't want to be constantly fixing it. It needs to be somewhat quick, and fun to drive, or I'll get bored quick, and sell it
laugh.gif
. It rarely snows here during winter, but it does rain a lot. So, AWD is appealing, but not necessary. I loved my old TBSS, hence why it and the Jeep are on the list, but I'm leaning towards the Mustang. I would love to hear your guys' thoughts! If you wanna suggest something else, my budget is around 25 grand USD
At 25K you should be able to net a pretty low mileage 11-14 Mustang 5.0 that should be stress free for at least 4 years (best of that group).  Everybody in your med school class will have either an AWD Subaru or boring Honda Accord/ Toyota sedan.  Get the manual and don't look back bro, you are going to want something fun to drive home after you've spent all night studying about the cranial nerves and their innervations. 

I would use Autotempest to do a Canadian/ US search and try to get it used from a private seller to save on taxes and dealer mark-ups:

http://www.autotempest.com/

This will allow you to cross-reference ebay/ cars.com/ autotrader/ craigslist in one search.

Good luck brother, and post it up here whatever you decide on.

Back
Top Bottom