\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

:rofl:

But in all realness, I would get an unabused hatch. Get a PPI on that car done, and if it's abused work on lowering that price down and upgrade the parts that need replacement.

Also, I would highly recommend a GR hatch ('11+) if you can find one

They look so much better. GOAT hatch imo

Last edited:
Don't get a hatch that is pre 2011. I'm pretty sure the 08-10's have ring land failures left and right

I'm guessing the 11+ will be way too expensive for you though, as ppl here in the US ask $30k~ for them. I've been seeing wrx 11+ hatches for very reasonable prices lately though

theres a rebuilt 2011 hatch with 30k miles for $12k being sold locally, guy said he's driven it for over a year and it's fine. Seems like a steal :nerd:, but too good to be true

Last edited:
Get the tbss throw some 6.0 heads on it

Punch it out to a 6.2

Cam it

Walah v8 awd machine this shouldn't be a hard decision.

Speaking of GR Hatches, I'm here for some reason.

:nerd:

Is it weird I find that smurf BRZ the most appealing looking car there? :smokin

EDIT: eh its not really a smurf color :lol:

Last edited:
Man I would stay away from Trailblazers honestly, unless the SS model is just way more reliable.

^^ I think I can make that happen :lol:

OK, here's the list of vehicles I'm considering:

2006-2009 Jeep GC SRT8
2006-2009 Trailblazer SS
2011-2014 Mustang GT (5.0)
2010+ Camaro SS
2008+ Subaru STi Hatch
2004-2006 Dodge Ram SRT10 (Not really a serious contender, but I found a nice one)

So, your favorite Canadian needs a whip for the next 4 years. It's gotta be fairly reliable, and I don't want to be constantly fixing it. It needs to be somewhat quick, and fun to drive, or I'll get bored quick, and sell it :lol: . It rarely snows here during winter, but it does rain a lot. So, AWD is appealing, but not necessary. I loved my old TBSS, hence why it and the Jeep are on the list, but I'm leaning towards the Mustang. I would love to hear your guys' thoughts! If you wanna suggest something else, my budget is around 25 grand USD
You already know my choice.

Jeep srt :wink:
After all those wonderful sounding v8s you've had you can't go down getting a 4 cyl hot pocket. The sound alone will disappoint you :smh:

Last edited:
Have you considered Acura? I used to own a TL and it was a great car, reliable quick and within that price range, I think you can even get a TLX within 25k now
I've thought about Acura, and even Lexus, but honestly, their lineups just don't do much for me. Don't get me wrong, their reliability is great, and they'd be perfect DD's for a student. But they lack..... personality to me. They don't excite me. I want a vehicle that will put a big smile on my face everyday I drive it.

I would do the Mustang and keep it stock if you are looking for something quick and reliable. You already did the TBSS so I would put that and the SRT right after the mustang.
That is my line of thinking right now :smokin

Team rumble will tell you to get da hatch...so get da hatch

A few bolt ons for just an additional $30k will net you a 700+ whp beast that will tear up those Canadian back roads for the next fo to fi years bleedat

:rofl:

But in all realness, I would get an unabused hatch. Get a PPI on that car done, and if it's abused work on lowering that price down and upgrade the parts that need replacement.

Don't get a hatch that is pre 2011. I'm pretty sure the 08-10's have ring land failures left and right

I'm guessing the 11+ will be way too expensive for you though, as ppl here in the US ask $30k~ for them. I've been seeing wrx 11+ hatches for very reasonable prices lately though

theres a rebuilt 2011 hatch with 30k miles for $12k being sold locally, guy said he's driven it for over a year and it's fine. Seems like a steal :nerd:, but too good to be true
I was waiting for team rumble to chime in :lol: . There's a 2011 STi hatch locally for sale near me. 64,000 KM's, price is $29,000 CAD, which seems like it is priced well. I just don't know if it's "me". I will go test drive it in the next couple days though just to see.

At 25K you should be able to net a pretty low mileage 11-14 Mustang 5.0 that should be stress free for at least 4 years (best of that group).  Everybody in your med school class will have either an AWD Subaru or boring Honda Accord/ Toyota sedan.  Get the manual and don't look back bro, you are going to want something fun to drive home after you've spent all night studying about the cranial nerves and their innervations. 

I would use Autotempest to do a Canadian/ US search and try to get it used from a private seller to save on taxes and dealer mark-ups:
http://www.autotempest.com/
This will allow you to cross-reference ebay/ cars.com/ autotrader/ craigslist in one search.
Good luck brother, and post it up here whatever you decide on.
Thanks bro! It seems like we think the same, I don't want something that everyone else has :lol: ! There are plenty of low mileage 5.0's for sale in my price range around here, only problem is all of them are in Vancouver (a 2 hour ferry ride away), there are NO used 5.0's for sale here locally. There is however a 2011 BOSS 302 5.0 here, it's a little outside my price range, but at least it'll give me an idea of how they drive. Gonna go look at it today :smokin

Get the tbss throw some 6.0 heads on it

Punch it out to a 6.2

Cam it

Walah v8 awd machine this shouldn't be a hard decision.
I knew you'd say cam, my man :smokin :lol:

There's a Jeep GC SRT8 with a 419 stroker for sale near me, pushing 600 hp (I would assume at the crank, not at the wheels). Now that would be a crazy V8 AWD machine! Unfortunately, I don't think it would be all that reliable, doesn't look like the trans or rest of the drivetrain has been upgraded either. And I don't know who I would take it to locally if I had any issues, which scares me.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5642609432.html

Man I would stay away from Trailblazers honestly, unless the SS model is just way more reliable.
My old one was great to me, but I only had it for about a year. The SS model does have a completely different drivetrain then the normal Trailblazers.

You already know my choice.

Jeep srt :wink:
After all those wonderful sounding v8s you've had you can't go down getting a 4 cyl hot pocket. The sound alone will disappoint you :smh:
I figured you'd say 5.0 Mustang :lol: . You're right about the sound, they aren't comparable.

Last edited:
It is a smurf color.

It's the 1 of 200 ultra rare, championship winning, iconic Hyper Blue STi color.

I personally like the 2011 mustang over the 2010 camaro (styling)
But the ls is tried and true and will make more power for less. Both im sure both will be reliable if you maintain them.
The tbss would be my first choice as it would be the more daily driver friendly not to mention its the cheapest on your list but they are known for transmission issues but can be easily avoided with more fluid and a trans cooler.Not to mention since its the cheapest theres more room for mods :nerd:
The grand cherokee holds its value very well and is very quick but I would imagine this would be the most expensive on your list as they are very expensive here in the us.
What about a first gen ctsv?

Last edited:
I personally like the 2011 mustang over the 2010 camaro (styling)
But the ls is tried and true and will make more power for less. Both im sure both will be reliable if you maintain them.
The tbss would be my first choice as it would be the more daily driver friendly not to mention its the cheapest on your list but they are known for transmission issues but can be easily avoided with more fluid and a trans cooler.Not to mention since its the cheapest theres more room for mods :nerd:
The grand cherokee holds its value very well and is very quick but I would imagine this would be the most expensive on your list as they are very expensive here in the us.
What about a first gen ctsv?
Yea i think I like the looks of the stang a lil more too. That 419 stroker GC SRT8 I posted is 27k CAD. Most are between 25-30k CAD around here, depending on km obviously. First gen cts-v is in play too, but they're getting old, and the styling of them looks old to me now too.

As far as the TBSS, you outlined all of its downsides pretty accurately :lol: . That transmission is a serious weak point, even when you fix the oil starvation issue, you can still blow them stock, let alone modded.

Decisions, decisions :lol:

Back
Top Bottom