\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Question for the car folks, which would be all of you: say you purchased a brand new vehicle (no previous owner, straight from the factory) from a reliable brand (Honda), would you amend your factory warranty with an extended warranty just to be on the safe side, or would you just leave it up to your insurance to handle things if something were to wrong down the line?

Last edited:
Question for the car folks, which would be all of you: say you purchased a brand new vehicle (no previous owner, straight from the factory) from a reliable brand (Honda), would you amend your factory warranty with an extended warranty or just rely on your insurance to handle things if something were to wrong down the line?

Extended . Aren't you able to do both?

Question for the car folks, which would be all of you: say you purchased a brand new vehicle (no previous owner, straight from the factory) from a reliable brand (Honda), would you amend your factory warranty with an extended warranty or just rely on your insurance to handle things if something were to wrong down the line?

If it were me, which it would not be because i'll never buy a brand new car, i'd sell it before the factory warranty was up.

But to answer your question better, i wouldn't bother with buying an extended warranty for Honda, they run forever

Last edited:
30k for 700whp?
Thats crazy fam
Murica ftw :tongue:

Yea, you should look at GTR prices for mods and maintenance :lol:

Both Japanese. just 2 of the best out.

I can get it to 900+ with a simple turbo swap and maybe throw another fuel pump(probably only$1k-$2k extra after I sell the original turbo) in the surge tank, 700+whp on a street STi is already retarted power.

Last edited:
30k for 700whp?
Thats crazy fam
Evo ftw
tongue.gif
Fixed

Yeah. But I am trying to decide whether to purchase the 8yr/120K extended warranty for my new vehicle as opposed to just sticking it out with the 3yr/36K standard warranty.

The extended would be an extra ~1.8K, which isn't that much imo. But I'm wondering if it would be redundant given that my insurance provider (Geico) would likely take care of any issues that crop up down the line.

the only Honda I would buy an extended warranty for is a Odyssey, the transmissions have always been terrible. 

Question for the car folks, which would be all of you: say you purchased a brand new vehicle (no previous owner, straight from the factory) from a reliable brand (Honda), would you amend your factory warranty with an extended warranty just to be on the safe side, or would you just leave it up to your insurance to handle things if something were to wrong down the line?

Its a honda, you wont need an extended warranty. Reason you see these 90 civics around because honda runs forever.

Yeah. But I am trying to decide whether to purchase the 8yr/120K extended warranty for my new vehicle as opposed to just sticking it out with the 3yr/36K standard warranty.

The extended would be an extra ~1.8K, which isn't that much imo. But I'm wondering if it would be redundant given that my insurance provider (Geico) would likely take care of any issues that crop up down the line.

$1,800 is damn reasonable for an additional 5 years/84k miles.  What all does it cover?

Last edited:

$1,800 is damn reasonable for an additional 5 years/84k miles.  What all does it cover?

Just checked again, and it's $1840 to be accurate. 96 Mo/120K miles extended warranty "covers mechanical breakdown for both parts and labor. 24-hr Roadside assistance, towing, rental car reimbursment, tire change, fuel delivery, etc."

From the Honda website:

http://www.honda-extended-warranty.com/accord.aspx#LiveTabsContent4860

So good deal, or unnecessary?

Statistically speaking the extended warranties are a waste of money, otherwise car companies wouldn't offer them. It's like buying insurance. You pay for coverage and hope you never need it. However, the addition of road-side assistance beyond the intial warranty period may be worth it if you don't have something like AAA.

I wouldn't buy one for a Honda, but it depends on how risk averse you are. I skipped it on my old Acura and it paid off as I went 8 years and 100k with no problems. I had initially bought it for our Odyssey but cancelled it and got a pro-rated refund. With my Land Rover you bet I sure bought an extended warranty!

Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say Geico may take care of anything that happens. Geico and other auto insurance companies are there for you if something happens to your vehicle like a collision, etc. Unless Geico has some weird coverage I don't know about, they don't help you if your transmission goes out, after 4 years or if your electronics stop working, etc.

Dang, I voided my warranty within months :smh:

Got offered a pretty good deal while it was modded still too. Something like $1.8k for another 3 years.

I just scrolled up before making this post and saw the price and the extensive coverage. I would say do it if you don't plan on modding.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say Geico may take care of anything that happens. Geico and other auto insurance companies are there for you if something happens to your vehicle like a collision, etc. Unless Geico has some weird coverage I don't know about, they don't help you if your transmission goes out, after 4 years or if your electronics stop working, etc.

I thought the same but apparently they offer "MBI" which is Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. It doesn't cover normal services and there is a deductible:

"*MBI Exclusions

Exclusions to this policy include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and linings, brake shoes, and tires. Also, breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, corrosion, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance coverage is in excess of coverage provided by your manufacturer's warranty. Read the policy amendment for the complete terms and conditions of this coverage."

Last edited:

Just checked again, and it's $1840 to be accurate. 96 Mo/120K miles extended warranty "covers mechanical breakdown for both parts and labor. 24-hr Roadside assistance, towing, rental car reimbursment, tire change, fuel delivery, etc."

From the Honda website:

http://www.honda-extended-warranty.com/accord.aspx#LiveTabsContent4860

So good deal, or unnecessary?

Is this for honda care? If so for $1800 with 8 years 120k you're getting ripped off your *** for that price. When I got my accord last year I paid $1200 for 8 year 120k miles. The only reason I got it was because the cvt might have issues down the road and I didn't want to risk it. Which dealer are you getting your warranty from? Which model accord are you getting? For the love of god please don't pay $1800.

Check hondacare prices from this dealership they're known to have some of the lowest prices out there. There is another dealership but I lost it. I'll post it once I find it.

https://www.saccuccihondacare.com/v...n=0&makeID=1&modelID=&year=&mileage=&stateID=

Edit: Just saw it was for honda care. Curry and hyannis are the other two dealerships that offer competitive pricing.

Also got to see the Ferrari F50 GT today. Wish I was there when they started it up but my goodness this thing is an amazing piece of machinery.

Last edited:
Dear god, the almighty F50GT, where did you see it?

Dear god, the almighty F50GT, where did you see it?

There was a car event in the bay area by San Jose. I think the guy who owns a ferrari dealership here owns this one and he brought it out. I'm not 100% on that but yea it was definitely a treat to see. There are so many rare cars here in the bay area but many of them are garage queens.

Thanks bro :smokin
I'm considering a 5.0.... but not a fox :lol:

Thinking about getting a 2011-2014 Mustang GT with the 5.0, got a couple other vehicles I'm considering too though.

You should still get a 5.0 notch if I do get a new 5.0 though :smokin
:nerd:
:nerd:
Do it :evil:

Back
Top Bottom