\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Eh there are IS300's out there with an LS swap from what i use to read on the IS forums due to ease..

See the my.is website for info about 2kzgte swap or other swaps

Going with the GS.

Almost thought about the 2014 Impala LTZ fully loaded.

Navigation, Leather, almost everything the Lexus has plus better gas mileage...

Yo this thing is a beast now. 2nd gear pulls so Damn hard. 1st gear Spins all 4 tires once the boost peaks

Yo this thing is a beast now. 2nd gear pulls so Damn hard. 1st gear Spins all 4 tires once the boost peaks
As if it wasn't a beast before :lol:.
Curious question tho, Porsches are known for their sublime driving experience, but is it FUN? Im starting to think there are a lot of cheaper cars to be had that are more fun than a Porsche save for a GT3 and maybe the Turbo. I know you get to drive mad exotics where you work too.

Ugh. I love my car, and I keep telling myself I'm fine with the power, but I think I need a Turbo :/

:smokin

Last edited:

As if it wasn't a beast before
laugh.gif
Curious question tho, Porsches are known for their sublime driving experience, but is it FUN? Im starting to think there are a lot of cheaper cars to be had that are more fun than a Porsche save for a GT3 and maybe the Turbo. I know you get to drive mad exotics where you work too.
Nothing is more fun than a Porsche.  The steering feel, the handling, the gearbox/clutch, the sound, the refinement.  Nothing compares.  

Sure there might be cheaper cars that perform better or put up better 0-60 times but nothing is a more fun driving experience IMO.  

That goes for all different price ranges,  for example GT3 craps on anything that is in like the 120k or less price range.

Carrera S more fun driving experience than other "fun" cars under 40 grand (M cars, AMGs, c6 Z06, all the new school muscle cars, etc)

As for my model (997 Turbo) i can't say theres anything out there even close in terms of fun, refinement, and performance in the price range.  Of course GTR performance is similar and probably faster stock vs stock but the driving experience and overall build quality on the GTR just isn't there.  Only cars i've driven that i like more than my car are the 997.2 GT3 and maybe the 458 (the 458 surprised me, car is beast) with the next most fun car i've driven being a 1973 911 with a modded engine from a 1997 911

Last edited:
^ I know you're biased, but I appreciate the response. Basically confirmed my assumptions :pimp:

I've driven quite a few amount of cars myself and was able to take a 991 911 around Sonoma raceway. I have to agree with Nelson. There really is no comparison car that combines all those elements together. The Porsche driving experience is just on a whole another level.

AYO

Never understood Porsche appeal. Never been a Porsche guy. Small, cramped, driving position is ok. Old school P cars were a little harsh. New ones are more refined. Over rated IMO. Flat six noise, cool.

AYO

Never understood Porsche appeal. Never been a Porsche guy. Small, cramped, driving position is ok. Old school P cars were a little harsh. New ones are more refined. Over rated IMO. Flat six noise, cool.
Same, preferred the last gen R8 in the same class . On top of that, they are quite common. The new turbo's are cool though, but wouldn't buy it at that price range.

AYO

It's a sports car, not a Cadillac... what do you expect?

Re: Insurance. I pay $180 a month for my C2S. I tried inquiring about the Turbo S and they flat out said they wouldn't insure it and I would have to go through a specialty provider :smh:

Thinking about swapping my taillights on my GTI to the Euro Spec LED joints. Boggles my mind that the US version didnt come with them smh

In talks with a guy to buy a supercharger for my BRZ :smokin

After test driving that wrx and seeing how awful the driving experience was, it made me go look at superchargers on the marketplace :lol:. I found someone selling one for a complete steal, over 50% off the price of a new one.

In talks with a guy to buy a supercharger for my BRZ
smokin.gif

After test driving that wrx and seeing how awful the driving experience was, it made me go look at superchargers on the marketplace
laugh.gif
. I found someone selling one for a complete steal, over 50% off the price of a new one.
Do it 
pimp.gif
 that bump in power is all the BRZ/FRS needs and it will be considered perfection in my book. 

^ I know you're biased, but I appreciate the response. Basically confirmed my assumptions :pimp:

I've driven quite a few amount of cars myself and was able to take a 991 911 around Sonoma raceway. I have to agree with Nelson. There really is no comparison car that combines all those elements together. The Porsche driving experience is just on a whole another level.
I need to do one of those driving experiences. It might scratch my itch. I don't think I can daily a GT3 unless I start making money out the *****. Also don't think any car will be as fun as a bike at the fraction of the cost & upkeep.

^ I know you're biased, but I appreciate the response. Basically confirmed my assumptions
pimp.gif
yes I'm definitely biased but to be fair it's a bias that came from being around and experiencing a huge variety of high end cars.
I'm curious to know how much the insurance on that
laugh.gif
Obviously that turbo is newer and has a higher value than mine but i bet it's less than you think.  I pay $140 total per month for full coverage on my turbo and comprehensive on my 330i. For reference, I'm 26 and on my own policy.
AYO

Never understood Porsche appeal. Never been a Porsche guy. Small, cramped, driving position is ok. 
Not sure what Porsche you been in but I'm 6'3 and 911s are not cramped at all. Leg room and head room is excellent(for the type of car and the size of the car, it's not a Maybach). I have no issue or complaints with being cramped in it at all. The back seats are really just there for insurance and take up no space so the front seats have tons of room.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom