\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So it should be safe to clay my car right?

I thought I remember reading somewhere on this thread that it's not a good idea to clay your car?

-Drew

you'll get a lot of dirt/contaminants off the car that washing it won't get off if you clay. just make sure you use a lot of lubrication and keep folding the clay to a clean part whenever it gets dirty.

Claying your car is never a bad thing. Just use plenty of lube like Pug mentioned. I clay every year in spring before a polish and seal.

There's also a clay "towel", i don't know if it's as effective, but it'll definitely get the job done way quicker.

What do you guys recommend using to wash your car (soap, rags, towels, etc)? I bought my first black color car back in october and washed it only once so far and there were lots of water marks. :lol:

Just got mines in the mail and I'm getting so many mixed reviews from the Internet and people that I'm thinking I didn't make the right choice. But like you said I'm def gonna get it professionally installed

Last edited:
Smogged my Turbo with straight exhaust, no cats and no mufflers, without getting a 'dirty smog'.  Smog guy didn't even look underneath it.  A lot of smog places are pretty easy to get by visual inspection as long as the engine bay looks relatively legal.

Just got mines in the mail and I'm getting so many mixed reviews from the Internet and people that I'm thinking I didn't make the right choice. But like you said I'm def gonna get it professionally installed

ONLY LIFT BRANDS THAT I KNOW OF OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD ARE ROUGH COUNTRY, RANCHO, BDS AND PRO COMP...

WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLE ARE YOU LIFTING?

My boys GT ended up doing 399 after e85 tune and bigger injectors. Injectors baseline he made 380.

I clay bar all the time. Probably going to start using iron x as well. 

If you do a good job you won't need to clay bar after iron x. Just do the baggie test and feel for any spots you missed. You can clay 3 months later. I iron x my cars twice a year and clay in between twice a year. Maybe hit it with the rupes once a year to get any fine scratches out.

If you do a good job you won't need to clay bar after iron x.

Not necessarily true. Iron X and similar products remove contaminates that contain iron particles which is a lot but there are other bonded contaminates that iron removers have no affect on.

Iron x really does smell as bad as they say. I had to take like 2 showers because I kept smelling it and thought maybe it somehow got stuck on me or in my nostrils lol

finally added the cf spoiler, diffuser, and front lip. done messing with the car now. was getting my exhaust done and the guy said the car had headers on it. i was kind of excited at first, but i might have trouble passing emissions now so we'll see how that goes on monday i guess.

Iron x really does smell as bad as they say. I had to take like 2 showers because I kept smelling it and thought maybe it somehow got stuck on me or in my nostrils lol

I can't stand the smell of it after using it a few times. Car looks good!

Idk but it was my first time seeing it in black/carbon and Jesus it was breath taking. People taking pics trying to get a good view. Homeboy was stunting for real

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom