\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Guys, anyone with knowledge of Audi's, I need to add coolant to my A5 but I seek your advice and knowledge first. I'm on the verge of getting some Beck/Arnley coolant from O'Reilly's but would the normal Prestone premixed stuff work? Most of what I'm seeing online doesn't say anything about a specific brand. Should I just take it to the dealer and have them top it off/see if there's a leak anywhere? (It's under warranty). Coolant levels at about 50%, which seems wayyyyyy too low for nothing to be going on.

Last edited:
Guys, anyone with knowledge of Audi's, I need to add coolant to my A5 but I seek your advice and knowledge first. I'm on the verge of getting some Beck/Arnley coolant from O'Reilly's but would the normal Prestone premixed stuff work? Most of what I'm seeing online doesn't say anything about a specific brand. Should I just take it to the dealer and have them top it off/see if there's a leak anywhere? (It's under warranty). Coolant levels at about 50%, which seems wayyyyyy too low for nothing to be going on.

From my experience on my wife A6, I just take it to the dealer and they top off the Oil (her engine is known to burn a bit of oil). They say its the same for coolant, but i've never had any coolant level issues. id say take it to the dealer, unless you know what your cooling system takes. Sometimes there are metals that are effected depending on the type of cooling mixture you need.

From my experience on my wife A6, I just take it to the dealer and they top off the Oil (her engine is known to burn a bit of oil). They say its the same for coolant, but i've never had any coolant level issues. id say take it to the dealer, unless you know what your cooling system takes. Sometimes there are metals that are effected depending on the type of cooling mixture you need.
Word. I hit up my buddy who's got an A6 and he had the right coolant in hand already :lol: Now I'm gonna keep an eye on the coolant for the next few days; I just had it in the dealership a couple months ago and it was fine then.

take it to the dealer.  They usually top it off as a courtesy.  Especially since you have the warranty.

i8 is absolutely beautiful. I hope the next gen / it's successor continues to be as nice

Side note:

I was in a friends Model S yesterday and I was a little surprised by the Mercedes bits and pieces in there that I had noticed, like the controls for the windows and the gear stalk. Didn't know they had a relationship with one another
SO THE WIFE WANTS TO MOVE TO CLEVELAND FOR A YEARS SO I'M THINKING OF GETTING A BEATER CAR. DEF WON'T DRIVE THE GT350 IN THE SNOW. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I'M CURRENTLY LEANING VERY HARD TO AN OLDER SUBURU WRX BECAUSE OF ALL WHEEL DRIVE BUT MAYBE AN OLD 350Z AS WELL.
I was looking to see if/ how much the Demon got brought up because we're getting close to the April 11th unveiling and saw this. You still moving to Cleveland? If you aren't big on Snow look for places on the West Side. The difference can not be overstated 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Side note:
I was in a friends Model S yesterday and I was a little surprised by the Mercedes bits and pieces in there that I had noticed, like the controls for the windows and the gear stalk. Didn't know they had a relationship with one another

The definitely do share some things. The company i work for actually helped with the new painting system they in installed. We helped with some tid bits, and it's the same water based system Mercedes uses. It was pretty fun working there, and seeing the manufacturing process. This was pre model x to do they were super strict with cameras.

Going to Englishtown on Weds for a test and tune event. I want to get a 1/4 mile slip for the Hellcat. I am so stoked lol.

Havent been to the quarter mile since I had my silver Jeep SRT.

besides the paint on the interior

looks like the exterior was hit with a hammer or something

front end was probably smashed all up headlights/bumper/grille

or dude was leaving a car show and decided to spill paint inside and say vandalism

Back
Top Bottom