\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

11.8 for my first time out not too bad for never launching a RWD car before. lol

Gotta work on launching the car and if I get it down, thats a low 11 time slip bc of that trap speed. :D

Nice bro. You came down to Englishtown huh? I'm about 35-40min south from there.

Nice bro. You came down to Englishtown huh? I'm about 35-40min south from there.

Yup thanks bro!

Started going there with my Jeeps back in 08.

Havent been in a couple years. Forgot how fun it was lol

Tech inspection made me buy a new helmet. Helmet was expired by a couple months. 145 bux at the track :frown: lol

At least ditch the all seasons for a summer compound. Still can't believe Dodge put them on stock.

What mods do you have?

Saw this i8 today. I hate how it looks with that two tone paint
I've got an injen SRI intake (came with the car) but I installed a cold side Synapse BOV & chargepipe. Stock diverter leaks boost unfortunately so the BOV helps maintain boost. My next purchase is a full turboback exhaust, in a few months I'll have enough for my intercooler and piping to top it off with a tune. I'm estimating 275-300 whp after that. The turbo upgrade kit I want is about 4K so that'll be next years purchase.

11.8 for my first time out not too bad for never launching a RWD car before. lol

Gotta work on launching the car and if I get it down, thats a low 11 time slip bc of that trap speed. :D
:smokin

Looks like a blast man, one of these days I want to go to the strip just to do it!

Two frs/brz's (easy kill), previous generation of my car 10-12 2.0T (it was funny seeing the huge power difference in model years) and my boys GLI (he's full stage one at 270 whp/275 wtq if I remember correctly) He got me by a car length but at around 100 I started creeping up on him
Let's race 
devil.gif

You got the Genesis right?

air spider 777 air spider 777
that a damn good time 11.83 on street tires

what psi were you at? letting a lil air out helps with traction too

if you go drag radials are you getting smaller wheels for the rear like 18s with a decent width tire(295-315)?

Two frs/brz's (easy kill), previous generation of my car 10-12 2.0T (it was funny seeing the huge power difference in model years) and my boys GLI (he's full stage one at 270 whp/275 wtq if I remember correctly) He got me by a car length but at around 100 I started creeping up on him
Let's race :evil:

You got the Genesis right?
Yessir, 13 2.0T, What you runnin :nerd:

Saw this in the Antidote music video by Travis Scott :pimp:
ZmVuzZ.gif

Last edited:
I'll be at minimum 275whp/300wtq hopefully after my tune and full bolt ons. Honestly 295 is the average from what I've seen on forums but I like to downplay my expectations [emoji]128514[/emoji]

air spider 777 air spider 777
that a damn good time 11.83 on street tires

what psi were you at? letting a lil air out helps with traction too

if you go drag radials are you getting smaller wheels for the rear like 18s with a decent width tire(295-315)?

Yea I left the tire pressure at 35. Wanted a full stock run.

Next time I will air down to about 22 psi

No drag radials just a sticky summer compound

If I did do drag radials I would have done 18 inch rim with a 305 m/t slick.

DSG right?

How much power can those things handle?

Yessir!

DSG is much stronger than the manuals. Clutches on those start slipping after stage 1 tunes (300whp/330wtq)

DSG can handle I believe up to 500whp? Something way higher than I would ever take it

Also found out that the turbo from the golf r can be bolted on right to the GTI without replacing any internals. 400whp under $2k on a mk7 GTI :pimp:

Mk7 gti, bone stock 

Should be stage 1 soon. 300whp/330wtq :evil:

I've been eyeing the GTI quite a bit lately. I wouldn't mind having one as a daily. It's literally the only fwd car I have any interest in. Is APR the go-to guys for tuning? I never realized how much power those motors could make on stock internals.

Mk7 gti, bone stock 

Should be stage 1 soon. 300whp/330wtq :evil:

I've been eyeing the GTI quite a bit lately. I wouldn't mind having one as a daily. It's literally the only fwd car I have any interest in. Is APR the go-to guys for tuning? I never realized how much power those motors could make on stock internals.

APR and Unitronic from what I've seen.

Last edited:
APR historically but they require going to a dealer to get flashed. 

Cobb is the way to go since you can flash maps at home. Realistically, the JB1/JB4 piggy back tunes are the best option since they are connected inline with a few connector in the engine bay and doesnt void your warranty, all while giving you similar power to the flash tunes. 

I'm going Unitronic eventually. My mechanic says it'll work wonders on my R.

koebot koebot cop a GTI or an R and be a part of the NT Vee dub family. :nthat:

-Drew

I'm going Unitronic eventually. My mechanic says it'll work wonders on my R.

koebot koebot cop a GTI or an R and be a part of the NT Vee dub family. :nthat:

-Drew
Go straight to stage 2. It's the sweet spot for the TSI motors.

APR ECU/DSG tune, Unitronic intake/intercooler, and AWE turboback on mine. Car runs very strong and makes reliable daily driver power.

Back
Top Bottom