\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah man that's why I've waited cause whatever mustang I get next I plan to keep for a long time and I know that if I got the earlier 5.0s then I might regret it after seeing all the newer ones. Oh and they're doing a refresh in 2018 so now those 2012-2014s are gonna look real outdated. I say that now but I still love the old school design of the last gen and I know I'd enjoy it either way. Those can look really good with just a drop and wheels.
The old school design of the last gen is cool, but they look super dated next to the new 5.0s already IMO, good call on holding out. When that refresh comes hopefully that should drive down the prices on the 2015-2017 :smokin

Man i been trying to tell y'all how trash this car is. Buy an old s2000 that ***** on this car in every way for a lot less $
:lol:

I've been wanting to run up on one at a light in my Jeep, never happens though. Instead I just get young people in beat up S10s trying to run me :smh:

Last edited:
I think the FR-S is a good car for what it is.

$25,000 for a RWD sporty coupe, good handling, and aftermarket support. It's a great canvas IMO.

Of course more HP is great, I think it would be in a good place with ~220 hp.

make that 330ish...

Nissan/infini/mazda giving u sportier vehicles with better power for a your money.

$25,000 for a RWD sporty coupe, good handling, and aftermarket support. It's a great canvas IMO.

But does it's current engine have any potential without dumping tons of money into it?

For 5 grand you can just get a better car

pretty much.

But does it's current engine have any potential without dumping tons of money into it?

I mean there aren't a lot of 2 door, RWD cars out there for under $30,000 besides the Miata.

I know there are the Mustangs/Camaros/Challys but those are really different cars IMO.

make that 330ish...

Nissan/infini/mazda giving u sportier vehicles with better power for a your money.

Maybe?

The Z is long overdue for a refresh and a couple thousand more than the 86.

The Miata ND is a great car.

You mention Infiniti, so the Q50? Sure it's a little quicker, but that's a luxury sedan that STARTS at $34,000.

I get why people do dislike the car, but I don't think it's total ****.

Last edited:
I mean there aren't a lot of 2 door, RWD cars out there for under $30,000 besides the Miata.

I know there are the Mustangs/Camaros/Challys but those are really different cars IMO.
Maybe?

The Z is long overdue for a refresh and a couple thousand more than the 86.

The Miata ND is a great car.

You mention Infiniti, so the Q50? Sure it's a little quicker, but that's a luxury sedan that STARTS at $34,000.

I get why people do dislike the car, but I don't think it's total ****.
Why does Nissan always take like a decade to refresh their cars? :lol:
Their newest SUV/ truck design is horrible imo
I like what they did with the maxima though.

The fr-s/86 is just a car that's not made for everyone *shrug*. Just another miata, but with way more space/hardtop.

I didn't want to get a BRZ, but saw a listing for it 2 years ago for a WRB for $17k, it was a steal and I knew I could've re-sold it for more money if I didn't like it. Sticker was just under $26k or $27k, for that price no way I would have considered it, but 10k off in 1 year was too good to pass up. I had someone offer me $17k for it in November also, but I chose to keep it since I honestly couldn't find a car that I knew I would liked without dropping $25k+
The driving experience is just not the same in other cars, any other car I drive feels trash to drive compared to it. I haven't driven anything that's luxury, so I can't compare, but regardless that wouldn't even be in the same price point/class. The s2000 with inflation would've been almost double the price of the BRZ if it was sold today also.

I have also literally never raced anyone ever, in any car. So maybe I am the right person for the car. I have been to autox/HPDE events, though, and can say it was a blast with the car :nerd:

Last edited:
i dont wanna sound like a hater to all the owners in here but even a modded one is slow :lol:

Last edited:
I love the brz. Prices starting to creep down on 2013 models. Probably going to grab that or a 350z as a fun sports car

I love the brz. Prices starting to creep down on 2013 models. Probably going to grab that or a 350z as a fun sports car

Dont do this brih. Also i saw u mentioning weight savings on your new wheel setup when u drive a wrx?? Or a gti???

Either way we need to have an intervention doggy. This is not what you learned at you University Park haha if your car isnt putting 400 to the wheels and or you are tracking it. Your wasting your time worrying about a few lbs of weight. Just drive with a 1/4 tank of gas and an empty whip when you wanna go for a spirited drive

Last edited:

True, but you could at least cop a 370Z.

I'm extremely happy its no longer under the Scion badge anymore though..

Dont do this brih. Also i saw u mentioning weight savings on your new wheel setup when u drive a wrx?? Or a gti???

Either way we need to have an intervention doggy. This is not what you learned at you University Park haha if your car isnt putting 400 to the wheels and or you are tracking it. Your wasting your time worrying about a few lbs of weight. Just drive with a 1/4 tank of gas and an empty whip when you wanna go for a spirited drive
roll.gif

I drive a GTI broski. Weight savings wasn't a main factor for me when getting wheels but I figured if I'm going to get new wheels for the aesthetics, I might as well save weight while I'm at it. Those neuspeeds were my #1 choice in terms of design so the weight savings was a bonus. 

roll.gif

I drive a GTI broski. Weight savings wasn't a main factor for me when getting wheels but I figured if I'm going to get new wheels for the aesthetics, I might as well save weight while I'm at it. Those neuspeeds were my #1 choice in terms of design so the weight savings was a bonus. 
I've wanted some RSE10s for my Golf for the longest, the pretorias are nice though. VW makes notoriously heavy wheels for the GTI. So those few pounds per corner is like taking a passenger out of the car.

Didn't know you needed 400whp+ in order to take advantage of unsprung rotating mass & better handling. I love this thread.

Last edited:
@KingFoamNYC   I just got a 08 g37s coupe a few weeks ago and I love it. Winter is gonna suck for me living here in MD but I don't care lol its plenty of fun and has a wide range of tuning options and vendors

Back
Top Bottom