\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

@KingFoamNYC
  I just got a 08 g37s coupe a few weeks ago and I love it. Winter is gonna suck for me living here in MD but I don't care lol its plenty of fun and has a wide range of tuning options and vendors
I dunno if he's into coupes or sedans but I traded the bimmer for a 2012 g37x AWD sedan. I love the car, no complaints really other than the body style barely changing from the 08 model. Nissan/Infiniti is lazy af when it come to redesigns. I used to live in MD now Jers but AWD was a huge priority for me since I live on a block with some mean hills.

Last edited:
I know about all that, Ive done tons of research on 944s.

Lots do the swaps because they're easy and gives you good power.

Thats not the point. I'd rather build on the 944s 2.5L Turbo.

Hearing an LS sound coming out of a German car is disgusting.

wild subjective.

:lol:

and 944 part prices are not only basically non existent, but when you do find em they'll be worth more then da car you're working on. :lol: :x

your logic would make that 60k money pit black hole BRZ shown look vastly more erudite in comparison.

wild subjective.

:lol:

and 944 part prices are not only basically non existent, but when you do find em they'll be worth more then da car you're working on. :lol: :x

your logic would make that 60k money pit black hole BRZ shown look vastly more erudite in comparison.

Parts for a 944 aren't hard to find and the cars can be reliable with regular maintenance (which is a little pricier being a Porsche obviously), and with a few grand you can easily get that 2.5L to pump out 400 at the wheels. That, plus is near perfect weight distribution, great handling, classic 80's looks, and that badge, make it a **** load more appealing than a damn BRZ.

The 951 is an underrated sports car, that is a great intro to Porsche for people who can't afford 911s. Not even comparable to a damn BRZ.

Last edited:

:lol: @ this sounding disgusting.

a LS wouldn't compromise weight balance at all..its a aluminum block, with power and a helluva lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Thanks but no thanks.

Prefer building the 2.5 and sticking to the badge.

And yes, that does sound disgusting coming out of a Porsche. LS swaps are a dime a dozen.

I closed my eyes and didn't know if that was a Suburban, box chevy, or an LS swapped Geo Tracker.

:x

I dunno if he's into coupes or sedans but I traded the bimmer for a 2012 g37x AWD sedan. I love the car, no complaints really other than the body style barely changing from the 08 model. Nissan/Infiniti is lazy af when it come to redesigns. I used to live in MD now Jers but AWD was a huge priority for me since I live on a block with some mean hills.

Yeah they suck at doing that lol and coming from a 04 Acura TL they lack technology wise too. I didn't get the navigation so that didn't help either. I should've gotten AWD but I said eff it.. yolo lol you have any mods planned?

Thanks but no thanks.

And yes, that does sound disgusting coming out of a Porsche. LS swaps are a dime a dozen.

I closed my eyes and didn't know if that was a Suburban, box chevy, or an LS swapped Geo Tracker.

LS swap are a dome a dozen, because they work.

da 2.5 literally weighs more, has less power, and is waaay more of a issue as far as maintenance and doesn't have anywhere near da upside to da LS v8.

you're gonna spend da amount of money building up a 2.5l thats gonna get you power already standard in a stock swap...its a cost benefit analysis, and if you been to a autocross event, most these folks running LS for a reason.

and finally, you can always get euro diffusers to give da exhaust a more "german" note.

Thanks but no thanks.

LS swap are a dome a dozen, because they work.

da 2.5 literally weighs more, has less power, and is waaay more of a issue as far as maintenance and doesn't have anywhere near da upside to da LS v8.

you're gonna spend da amount of money building up a 2.5l thats gonna get you power already standard in a stock swap...its a cost benefit analysis, and if you been to a autocross event, most these folks running LS for a reason.

and finally, you can always get euro diffusers to give da exhaust a more "german" note.

The cost to build a 2.5 would be roughly around the same price as a complete LS swap with comparable power. Like I said, you can get around 400 to the wheels out of the 2.5 with around 3 grand.

As far as the exhaust goes, it's not just the exhaust I don't want to hear coming out of a Porsche. It's the engine itself. An American V8 has a distinct sound that should never be coming out of German car. No exhaust "diffuser" will ever mask it.

I really want a 944 Turbo, and NOT to dump a damn LS In it, that would be blasphemy.
nthat.gif

Anyone can read pamphlets and copy and paste from online forums. But how you gonna speak on a subject you have absolutely ZERO hands on experience with?

I never been to nyc but i know more about the city more than any nyc nt'er based on my extensive yelp research.

Ya dig?

Last edited:
I will say, naturally aspirated exhaust notes>>>force inducted. And this is coming from a dude who owns a turbo 4 banger. 

The shear terror when you fire up a v8 from the last gen GTO. Probably my favorite exhaust note ever. 

Back
Top Bottom