\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

thinking about painting the chrome on my grill and window trim instead of wrapping them. anyone ever done that before? is it worth buying a small paint gun? i'd need to spend like $80 on vinyl if i were to go that route, but i figure i can just spend that money on a spray gun and paint instead. i just suck at spraying with the aerosol cans so i was hoping a spray gun would be easier/come out more evenly.

Painting them with Plastidip? You don't need a paint gun, just need to be able to tape off the part you need. You can buy the application in a can.

If you're talking about painting them permanently, bad idea.

I've done both, plastidip and wrapped. I prefer wrapped. Looks so much cleaner.

NT, what's a good commuter to buy in the used market under 5k? Just something reliable and comfy for everyday. I know the choices are huge. Looking at Honda/Toyota/Nissan. Just want to make sure I didn't over look anything.

Get a Carolla

NT, what's a good commuter to buy in the used market under 5k? Just something reliable and comfy for everyday. I know the choices are huge. Looking at Honda/Toyota/Nissan. Just want to make sure I didn't over look anything.

Crown Vic, Town Car, MGM

Comfy as your Grandmas living room, easy to work on and those joints will outlast any other car at that pricepoint.

^What's wrong with Nissan?
Nissans have hella problems with their cvt transmissions
cracked manifolds 
mean.gif
 $$$$

any v6 will eventually break the trans a la (honda/acura v6)

4 bangers blow head gaskets for fun

2nd hand nissans are always beat to the ground as well. 

they do have some nice trucks, the infinity line is nice, and the SE-R from back in the day was the best thing on the street (B13's), 240sx were cool. 

but ehh no gracias.

i hate people who drive crown vic's, specially if the windows tinted.
crowns and impalas, tinted, either blue or silver... no hub caps just black steel wheels. 

if you drive these you basically have nothing but open road, plus you can drive through the hood and see everyone scatter. 

i had both a crown and an impala like this 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Damn. I bought a brand new 2016 Altima 3 months ago. Not much I can do now smh
you should be good, its new. 

just keep up with the maintance and dont fall to far behind on getting anything done. 

its just once they start to break they really get to be a money pit

Damn. I bought a brand new 2016 Altima 3 months ago. Not much I can do now smh

A lot of their problems were on pre 2010 models, but as we speak my cousin's 2013 with 70k miles needs a new cvt. There's nothing you can really do to service them, and I guess when they fail they just replace them. He's getting a remanufactured joint with a 10k mile/1 year warranty from the dealer for $4700. I know cause I loaned him the money smh... I'd suggest you get that extended warranty if you plan on keeping it.

Last edited:
I would have walked away too lol. Dude spent $1500 on a used cvt and $600 to get it installed. So really he's going to be out $5300 when he takes the used one back.

My friend just got a Ghibli. 
ohwell.gif

*SIGH* 
all the dudes that argue badge flossing actually have a legitimate case with this car
laugh.gif
yeah man I really have no problem with a lot of things involved with used luxury cars and high miles and whatnot but THIS GHIBLI NONSENSE? Somehow it being new is worse. all time terrible car and I didn't even have high opinions on it before seeing Doug Demuro's video on it a while back. I'm not sure how it is even in production 
mean.gif

There's so many options at that price point but he said "it sounds nice and it's awd". There's nothing I can do but let him know of alternatives when he runs into problems

Last edited:
Ghiblis lease well and sound great. Not sure where all the flack is coming from. I certainly wouldn't buy one but I wouldn't fault anyone who did. Not everyone wants to drive a dime-a-dozen E-Class/5-Series.

Ghiblis lease well and sound great. Not sure where all the flack is coming from. I certainly wouldn't buy one but I wouldn't fault anyone who did. Not everyone wants to drive a dime-a-dozen E-Class/5-Series.

well that video opened my eyes since its basically a Chrysler 300 on the inside :x :smh:

Back
Top Bottom