\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

finally decided on a new car. Going with an a3 hatch. Seems hard to find a lower mile one, I'm looking for a 2011-13 with like 45-55k and I've only seen a few on true car.com and they aren't even in my area

I've gone back and forth a lot so I'm glad that I think I finally came to a decision :smile:. been saving $ and waiting for my current car to die for like 2 years now, so I'm gonna ride out and save for a few more months and hopefully buy around the new year

Anyone have thoughts or anything on a3s? Things I should look out for? Anywhere I could find more info (common problems, owner reviews, etc) ? I used to have a Passat that I actually had a bunch of problems with :nerd:

Road and track did an excellent article recently that's pretty much why the NSX won their performance car off the year reward.

I think the biggest reason sales are a little slow is enthusiasts wanted a 90s NSX with 2017 styling and that's not what they got

MSRP is high but what they're actually selling for makes them a solid deal if looking for a more rare daily supercar

I'll have to check out the road and track article!

finally decided on a new car. Going with an a3 hatch. Seems hard to find a lower mile one, I'm looking for a 2011-13 with like 45-55k and I've only seen a few on true car.com and they aren't even in my area

I've gone back and forth a lot so I'm glad that I think I finally came to a decision :smile:. been saving $ and waiting for my current car to die for like 2 years now, so I'm gonna ride out and save for a few more months and hopefully buy around the new year

Anyone have thoughts or anything on a3s? Things I should look out for? Anywhere I could find more info (common problems, owner reviews, etc) ? I used to have a Passat that I actually had a bunch of problems with :nerd:

Here's a great website for cars for sale:

http://www.autotempest.com/

You can sort by distance and it cross references craigslist, ebay, autotrader, and cars.com. Good luck!

California sucks...nobody in my area wants to tune my car lol
What kind of car, I have a HARD time believing this knowing how much research I do on cars. Hopefully not serious, because if so you aren't looking hard. Nobody in VA works on RB25 so I sent mine to Orlando, if you want something done you will get it done.
I would say no, and tbh i dont think audi is on mb/bmw level. Just slightly below.
Audi and BMW are neck and neck in performance, MB is actually below them both. They have a lot more problems and cost more than a equally equipped BMW of Audi. I wouldn't buy a MB ever, if given one for free I would sell it. They are amazing cars, but in my experience I would not buy one.

What kind of car, I have a HARD time believing this knowing how much research I do on cars. Hopefully not serious, because if so you aren't looking hard. Nobody in VA works on RB25 so I sent mine to Orlando, if you want something done you will get it done.

Audi and BMW are neck and neck in performance, MB is actually below them both. They have a lot more problems and cost more than a equally equipped BMW of Audi. I wouldn't buy a MB ever, if given one for free I would sell it. They are amazing cars, but in my experience I would not buy one.

There are about a dozen tuners/dynos within 30 miles from me, but none really have experience with a Coyote engine with forced induction. The best shop that everybody seems to be recommending is over an hour away, and I don't mind going there, but I would have to rent a truck and a trailer. There's no way for me to get a base line tune just to drive the damn thing over there unless I order a $650 tune and a $350 hand held tuner...then pay another $600-1000 for them to tune it.

There are about a dozen tuners/dynos within 30 miles from me, but none really have experience with a Coyote engine with forced induction. The best shop that everybody seems to be recommending is over an hour away, and I don't mind going there, but I would have to rent a truck and a trailer. There's no way for me to get a base line tune just to drive the damn thing over there unless I order a $650 tune and a $350 hand held tuner...then pay another $600-1000 for them to tune it.

Damn y'all spoiled out west hell it can take us an hour to go 15 miles here in VA. Yeah it sucks having to rent a truck, glad I have one. What kind of car is this that needs a tune just to drive it.

I'm installing a supercharger and changing out my oil pump gears (they tend to break easily), so I can't drive it with a blower and no tune.

Photos of my M5 with rally mode activated.
M5NT.jpg
m5nt6.jpg
m5nt5.jpg
m5nt4.jpg
M5NT2.png
M5NT3.jpg

Sold my BRZ, was just time to let it go and I didn't even lose money money after buying it 2 years ago.

Going to look into cars next week more seriously, but I am considering a 2016+ Miata (would get an aftermarket hardtop), Cayman S, BMW 135I, C6 corvette, 370z, and a lotus elise..

I 100% don't want to spend $30k on a car but if its a clean car and near it, I'd highly consider it. I remember looking recently and seeing prices on the elise rise a lot sadly, but I would just keep in mind that I'd probably not lose much money after selling it. I've always been fascinated with how the Elise looks, but I would have to seriously test drive it and consider actually living with it in the city and dealing with it in the winter lol..I honestly would probably still get it, though.

I don't want a sedan at all, as you can tell. Anyone want to give me some opinions? These are the cars that I think would be a blast to own. I'm expecting you guys to tell me to get a cayman, haha. The 135i seems like a good choice also, since its got a lot of tuning potential, which might interest me.

Last edited:
Sold my BRZ, was just time to let it go and I didn't even lose money money after buying it 2 years ago.

Going to look into cars next week more seriously, but I am considering a 2016+ Miata (would get an aftermarket hardtop), Cayman S, BMW 135I, C6 corvette, 370z, and a lotus elise..

I 100% don't want to spend $30k on a car but if its a clean car and near it, I'd highly consider it. I remember looking recently and seeing prices on the elise rise a lot sadly, but I would just keep in mind that I'd probably not lose much money after selling it. I've always been fascinated with how the Elise looks, but I would have to seriously test drive it and consider actually living with it in the city and dealing with it in the winter lol..I honestly would probably still get it, though.

I don't want a sedan at all, as you can tell. Anyone want to give me some opinions? These are the cars that I think would be a blast to own. I'm expecting you guys to tell me to get a cayman, haha. The 135i seems like a good choice also, since its

Cayman S all day. I had a 2012 Cayman R a few years ago. One of the best cars I've ever owned, still regret selling it. Do your research first before picking one up. Lots of little things to watch out for. Check the Porsche forums for the best inside information:

https://rennlist.com/forums/

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/

http://www.planet-9.com/forum.php?s=bc2db80fa5b7e1ae42dce2d92cd496eb

I watched hours of youtube reviews before purchasing. Also make sure its manual transmission, PDK is boring in this car.

Cayman S all day. I had a 2012 Cayman R a few years ago. One of the best cars I've ever owned, still regret selling it. Do your research first before picking one up. Lots of little things to watch out for. Check the Porsche forums for the best inside information:

https://rennlist.com/forums/

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/

http://www.planet-9.com/forum.php?s=bc2db80fa5b7e1ae42dce2d92cd496eb

I watched hours of youtube reviews before purchasing. Also make sure its manual transmission, PDK is boring in this car.

Thanks for the response! Yes, it would have to be manual, and a 2006-2008 only since the newer ones would be more expensive. From the videos I've watched so far, the cayman just seems like best car for me, coming from a BRZ especially. I really want to look into the Elise still, haha

Back
Top Bottom