\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So I posed the question about the Porsche reliability on their engine to one of my friends...because I notice a lot of people are doing LS swaps on them.

He claims those bottom their engines are not reliable...

Porsche people, any validation on that.

Last edited:
Sold my BRZ, was just time to let it go and I didn't even lose money money after buying it 2 years ago.

Going to look into cars next week more seriously, but I am considering a 2016+ Miata (would get an aftermarket hardtop), Cayman S, BMW 135I, C6 corvette, 370z, and a lotus elise..

I 100% don't want to spend $30k on a car but if its a clean car and near it, I'd highly consider it. I remember looking recently and seeing prices on the elise rise a lot sadly, but I would just keep in mind that I'd probably not lose much money after selling it. I've always been fascinated with how the Elise looks, but I would have to seriously test drive it and consider actually living with it in the city and dealing with it in the winter lol..I honestly would probably still get it, though.

I don't want a sedan at all, as you can tell. Anyone want to give me some opinions? These are the cars that I think would be a blast to own. I'm expecting you guys to tell me to get a cayman, haha. The 135i seems like a good choice also, since its
I had a '14 FRS. Loved it before it got totaled in 5 months (not my fault I got T-boned) Now I have a '16 Miata Club without Brembos. The Miata is superior in every way except for the brakes. I can't comment on cars past the Miata except the fastest 0-60 I've been in was the 350z right before the 370z came out.

Sold my BRZ, was just time to let it go and I didn't even lose money money after buying it 2 years ago.

Going to look into cars next week more seriously, but I am considering a 2016+ Miata (would get an aftermarket hardtop), Cayman S, BMW 135I, C6 corvette, 370z, and a lotus elise..

I 100% don't want to spend $30k on a car but if its a clean car and near it, I'd highly consider it. I remember looking recently and seeing prices on the elise rise a lot sadly, but I would just keep in mind that I'd probably not lose much money after selling it. I've always been fascinated with how the Elise looks, but I would have to seriously test drive it and consider actually living with it in the city and dealing with it in the winter lol..I honestly would probably still get it, though.

I don't want a sedan at all, as you can tell. Anyone want to give me some opinions? These are the cars that I think would be a blast to own. I'm expecting you guys to tell me to get a cayman, haha. The 135i seems like a good choice also, since its got a lot of tuning potential, which might interest me.

Buddy of mine had a 135 before he got totaled. I loved those 1's, wish they kept making them.

He upgraded to a 1M a couple months later. Got a tune, thing is a beast.

Love the new Miatas as well. People have nothing negative to say about them at all.

I don't want a sedan at all, as you can tell. Anyone want to give me some opinions? These are the cars that I think would be a blast to own. I'm expecting you guys to tell me to get a cayman, haha. The 135i seems like a good choice also, since its got a lot of tuning potential, which might interest me.
E92 M3 with IPE exhaust:pimp:

lexus is def not on the same level as mb/bmw
Lexus has excellent reliability, you see a lot more higher mileage Lexus. However until the F series was released MB, Audi, BMW were more sporty and had more younger buyers who wanted performance versions of the cars they love.
Lexus is on the same page as Acura and Infiniti IMO.
If we are talking nice luxury vehicles that give you exactly what you want, with basic performance. These aren't the cars you buy for performance you buy them for the fact you won't have reliability issues. Acura however is starting to slip down just a little, Honda is getting a little sloppy cutting corners.

Most/least reliable out of Audi/BMW/MB?
Unfortunately that is like flipping a coin, none of these are know as very reliable. As a country friend of mine says half dozen six in the other. I think MB is the least reliable.
Gorgeous cars, are you sponsored by them? Are those Brabus wheels.

@kevenmayne
Lotus Elise, GD those things are tight. I was looking at one because I like the seats in it and I was thinking of getting the seats for my 240. However getting into it. I am just under 6 feet 200 lbs. I had to contort like crazy to get into it, and I didn't even like the feel of the damn seats once I got in it.

Yeah go ahead and get that Cayman then send it to Road Scholars

So I posed the question about the Porsche reliability on their engine to one of my friends...because I notice a lot of people are doing LS swaps on them.

As far as I know, Porsche is one of the most reliable german brands out there. My panamera has 69k miles and will be 70 before the end of the month with no issues at all to the engine. (note it is the Audi supercharged 3.0 from the S models because I have the hybrid)

My 911 is almost at 20k so I can't say much there, however my friend has a 2004 996 with 80k on it and he is the original owner, got it when we were in high school. It had a tune since basically day 1 and exhaust. No issues besides going through rear tires every 5k miles.

As far as I know, Porsche is one of the most reliable german brands out there. My panamera has 69k miles and will be 70 before the end of the month with no issues at all to the engine. (note it is the Audi supercharged 3.0 from the S models because I have the hybrid)
Amazing engine I had it in my 2014 S5, I can't imagine it in a lighter car.

What's NTCar's opinion on electric/hybrid vehicles? :nerd:
I would love to get a hybrid however VA is slowly phasing out some of the benefits of them. You can no longer ride HOV for free with them, the rebate is gone I believe. However if the new Supra as one early report said, I might be inclined to buy a hybrid. Well it could be diesel I would still buy the new Supra.

The mid 2000s engines in the regular 911s had a problem with the IMS bearing not getting lubricated, which would grenade the engine if it went.

The famous 'Mezger' engine like my Turbo and the GT3's have, are bulletproof

Speaking of Porsche, apparently the GT2RS ran a 6:47 at the Nurburgring on Trofeo R tires (same tires the Huracan Performante used for its questionable 6:52 lap) and a 6:53 on stock tires.
What a monster.

Speaking of Porsche, apparently the GT2RS ran a 6:47 at the Nurburgring on Trofeo R tires (same tires the Huracan Performante used for its questionable 6:52 lap) and a 6:53 on stock tires.
What a monster.

:lol: Why the disdain for the Performante's lap time

How's everyone's cars holding up? Any major problems?

On the flip side, any upgrades, mods or overall improvements?

In a completely unrelated side topic I wanted to go to Frankfurt this year but that doesn't look like it's still at play. I want to try to make it to at least one show tho so which car show have any of you all enjoyed most?

Cars is good, new brakes installed on the Tundra about 2/3 weeks ago. I love driving my SC400 damn thing is such a joy to drive. Getting pumped because going to SEMA this year.

I would love to get a hybrid however VA is slowly phasing out some of the benefits of them. You can no longer ride HOV for free with them, the rebate is gone I believe. However if the new Supra as one early report said, I might be inclined to buy a hybrid. Well it could be diesel I would still buy the new Supra.

If all is good, the new Supra will be the next whip. :nthat:

-Drew

IMG_0228.JPG
Installed the vorsteiner spoiler and blacked out the badges. Vorsteiner diffuser and black grilles are up next

Back
Top Bottom